Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, but here they were sold in cheap containers made os plastic that looke like F1 cars, or guns and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Assuming its just sugary juice we have these in Britain, they were the shit!

I remember something like that, but they had strange faces on them. They would fill those things up so much that some would come out when you twisted off the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drank those as a kid. There where alot of those in the ghetto along with hot cheetos and hot fries. I never like hot stuff as a child but i did like them juices.

Ah yes, I remember the P.E coach handing them out on Fun Fridays along with animal crackers. We would get about 5 animal crackers for doing something over the week, I don't remember but it involved running and jump ropes.
    Then my 5th grade year and shit hit the fan. Vending machines gone, no snacks sold at lunch, no Fun Fridays, P.E coach gone, and school lunches changed to watered down newspaper filler... Mashed news potato paper was okay though. =\
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-02-24 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I remember something like that, but they had strange faces on them. They would fill those things up so much that some would come out when you twisted off the top.
    So that's what those were called! When I was stocking juice at my last job I was looking at the kool-aid bottles that looked like those Squeeze-Its and couldn't remember what happened to ones I used to drink as a kid. I knew they started with 'squ' though.

I remember being so excited to have a cold lunch when my mum bought those things XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereAmI View Post
    So that's what those were called! When I was stocking juice at my last job I was looking at the kool-aid bottles that looked like those Squeeze-Its and couldn't remember what happened to ones I used to drink as a kid. I knew they started with 'squ' though.

I remember being so excited to have a cold lunch when my mum bought those things XD
    our stores still sell mondo drinks. the kool-aid ones though yeah not sure what happened to those.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    I haven't seen them in quite a while, though they were shown in a PBS documentary last month. I don't think I ever had one, nor can I fathom putting something like that in my body. But apparently as kids we thought they were pretty good. Did a lot of people enjoy these tiny barrels of nuclear waste?

haven't had 1 in a long, my nephew likes them at H.E.B. u can buy like 6 for a dollar

Remember them, but don't remember the taste as I'm highly susceptible to artificials

Reminded me of this, think it only applies to the UK though

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Remember them, but don't remember the taste as I'm highly susceptible to artificials

Reminded me of this, think it only applies to the UK though
    Snip
    Looks like it would get warm to quickly in a small baggy. >_<

Yes I drank them. My favorite were these though because you could chew the wax afterwards:

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Yes I drank them. My favorite were these though because you could chew the wax afterwards:

I used to drink the blue because it was my favorite color.
    Now looking at these again, those don't look like bottles. Especially that red one...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. What am I missing. People are calling them 'nuclear waste' and saying 'beyond the obvious'. Is there some widely known issue with these drinks? I mean of course they are unhealthy but surely not worse then Coke or Mt. Dew right?

I never had anything like that, my mom and I were broke to the point of homelessness when I was of age to enjoy that kid of thing, and even then onve we got back on our feet she wouldn't really ever buy any junk food like that anyway.

Per piece that stuff is cheap but at kid consumption rates, over time, it adds up to be quite expensive. Especially when you figure that its really just an addition to an existing diet, so regardless of how cheap it is its 100% unnecessary cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. When I was a kid, I had long nails, and all my friends would ask me to dig holes in the top for straws since the tops were so annoying to pry off. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post

I think I was about 16 the first time I actually had one of these put in front of me. I didn't know what to do with it. I tried to open the top and get the candy out but then it just kind of fell apart. It never once crossed my mind that one was meant to eat or even chew the whole thing.....it was baffling to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I don't get it. What am I missing. People are calling them 'nuclear waste' and saying 'beyond the obvious'. Is there some widely known issue with these drinks? I mean of course they are unhealthy but surely not worse then Coke or Mt. Dew right?
    Someone is going start linking hard facts in a little bit now that you ask...

You can still buy them at walmart.

I bought some out of nostalgia awhile back and they still taste the same (unlike everything else from my childhood "Fuck you Pringles/Dorito's")
    That said I still prefer the original flavor of Hawaiian punch.

And for the record those little fruit barrels and that jelly paste crap are still healthier than anything with aspartame such as Diet Cola

Yeah I have not had one of those in a long time... I remember them tasting awful as I got older tho.

Back when I was a kid, they were pretty widely sold, so yep.

i think the last time i had one was at a family get together when i was 8, then i discovered kool aid in the plastic bottles and changed to drinking them.

Oh no, children are enjoying food that isn't based solely around nutrition, everyone, to the internet!

My parents bought a case of these things in the summer time, and I used to drink them from the beer fridge in the garage after mowing the lawn or playing outside. Because, you know, you can eat sugary foods if you get outside and do stuff.