15+ Year Old Account
    Hey look the Wings are up 2-0 again. Can't wait to see how they blow this one. In their five game losing streak they have blown leads in 4 of the games including 2-0 three times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hey look the Wings are up 2-0 again. Can't wait to see how they blow this one. In their five game losing streak they have blown leads in 4 of the games including 2-0 three times.
    they actually look like they have some heart right now though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:28 PM ----------

cant blow a 2-0 lead now! Datsyuk all over the rink and gets another assist...

15+ Year Old Account
    That Kronwall goal was awesome. Completely fanned on the shot getting like 10% on the shot and it rainbows into the net.

15+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or does Datsyuk take it up a notch against the Predators?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:03 PM ----------

Huskins just hit the goal post. if it wasnt for the goal post this game is like 6-0 Wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the Rangers are falling apart, but they haven't exactly been playing well all season. Losing 3-0 to Montreal -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    probable new allignment:
    East 1 - CAR CBJ NYI NYR NJ PHI PIT WAS.
    East 2 - BOS BUF DET FLA MTL OTT TB TOR.

West 1 - CHI COL DAL MIN NSH STL WPG
    West 2 - ANA CAL EDM LA PHX SJ VAN.

gotta say, Detroit has a sweet division if thats true.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:16 PM ----------

Cleary just went Homer style to make it 4-0.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:20 PM ----------

Detroit plays without Quincey and is up 4-0 against nashville.
    Coincadink?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:28 PM ----------

SHUTOUT! go Jimmy!

Eventually we are gonna draft someone or sign someone that can actually finish on scoring chances. If we even get 1/3 of the point blank ones we have around 4-5 for the night. It was one thing to not be scoring goals because we weren't producing offensively at all, its another to watch night after night them have 15 or so quality chances ( with 4-5 open nets) and nothing.

At least 6 straight periods now without a single goal, just flat out horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Eventually we are gonna draft someone or sign someone that can actually finish on scoring chances. If we even get 1/3 of the point blank ones we have around 4-5 for the night. It was one thing to not be scoring goals because we weren't producing offensively at all, its another to watch night after night them have 15 or so quality chances ( with 4-5 open nets) and nothing.

At least 6 straight periods now without a single goal, just flat out horrible.
    honestly all you need is a finisher and you guys will have a hell of a team. you gyus played well tonight for a bunch of guys on the wrong end of a back to back with travel. but you cant keep relying on Rinne to allowyou to win 1-0 and 2-1 games.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    honestly all you need is a finisher and you guys will have a hell of a team. you gyus played well tonight for a bunch of guys on the wrong end of a back to back with travel. but you cant keep relying on Rinne to allowyou to win 1-0 and 2-1 games.
    I think thats what is frustrating all of us. In prior years it was that we just flat out didn't have the talent to score and we knew that going in. Most nights we did good to generate 4-5 good scoring chances, now we generate the hell out of them, we just can't put the damn things in the net, even if they stupid thing is empty. It honestly makes you want to pull your hair out.

Its really frustrating to have one of the best goalies in the league, a very solid defense, but your offense just kills you. Can't even blame the system anymore. They are getting chances they just aren't burying them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think thats what is frustrating all of us. In prior years it was that we just flat out didn't have the talent to score and we knew that going in. Most nights we did good to generate 4-5 good scoring chances, now we generate the hell out of them, we just can't put the damn things in the net, even if they stupid thing is empty. It honestly makes you want to pull your hair out.

Its really frustrating to have one of the best goalies in the league, a very solid defense, but your offense just kills you. Can't even blame the system anymore. They are getting chances they just aren't burying them.
    i think part of the issue is just funding. and by part i mean a big part. if the preds had more cash to spend they would be the most dangerous team in teh league. just by getting a finisher or two.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baertschi is back, haven't had a prospect ever that when he gets the puck you just sort of get excited. Feels good.

15+ Year Old Account
    so i heard that someone told the Sharksthe playoffs were goingto be held during the month of february...

10+ Year Old Account
    so Doughty was a +3, Kopitar had a multi-point game and Quick stopped 23 out of 24 for the second straight game, might the clouds be parting?

i think part of the issue is just funding. and by part i mean a big part. if the preds had more cash to spend they would be the most dangerous team in teh league. just by getting a finisher or two.

According to the owners the money isn't the issue, its more getting people to come here. They have said a million times they had every intention of signing Weber, Suter, and one first line winger at market value. Can't do much about the fact things didn't work out because your boy took his ball and moved back home

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/statu...55986418425857 talking about Ottawa

I guess he wasn't a part of the Leafs when they talked non stop about the Reimer concussion last season on TSN. I know it's just trying to add fuel to the Battle of Ontario rivalry but I found it a bit funny, he obviously doesn't watch TSN ever.

Joey Mac with 2 solid games in a row, must be one of these random streaks I heard about. Flames had a solid effort tonight, dominated the Wild for the most part. It's a good thing they spent all that money on Parise and Suter because they still kind of suck. There's just nothing happening outside Parise for their forwards, at least in our 2 games. I'm fairly impressed with Brodin though, Sweden just pumping out calm and skilled D-men. Quite obvious Weber elevated Suter, he eats up a bunch of ice time for not being noticeable at all. I'm all for it though, need someone to keep us company in the basement.

Also I hope teams are watching Bouwmeester, he's having a really good season. I really think we can get some good pieces in return for him, next season will be his last with the ridiculous contract, woulden't be surprised to see teams looking at playoff runs interested. He can log big minutes, moves the puck nicely, and is very sound defensively.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-24 at 05:59 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    probable new allignment:
    East 1 - CAR CBJ NYI NYR NJ PHI PIT WAS.
    East 2 - BOS BUF DET FLA MTL OTT TB TOR.

West 1 - CHI COL DAL MIN NSH STL WPG
    West 2 - ANA CAL EDM LA PHX SJ VAN.
    Honestly I don't know how they can settle on new alignment until they know what the deal is going to be with the Phoenix franchise. If they do this and Phoenix ends up moving to Quebec City then what? Everything is all screwed up again.

Also Hawks and Wings in different Conferences? That would stink. I don't think unbalanced conferences would be good either. Either Columbus or Detroit is going to have to bite the bullet and stay in the Western grouping of teams to keep each conference at 15. And technically speaking Detroit is 1 degree further west than Columbus is, so they have my vote :P
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-02-24 at 08:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Honestly I don't know how they can settle on new alignment until they know what the deal is going to be with the Phoenix franchise. If they do this and Phoenix ends up moving to Quebec City then what? Everything is all screwed up again.

Also Hawks and Wings in different Conferences? That would stink. I don't think unbalanced conferences would be good either. Either Columbus or Detroit is going to have to bite the bullet and stay in the Western grouping of teams to keep each conference at 15. And technically speaking Detroit is 1 degree further west than Columbus is, so they have my vote :P
    you know what also stinks? Detroit being seperated from two of its normal rivals in Montreal and Toronto.
    Detroit was promised YEARS ago to be moved to the East next time a team can move from the west to the east by bettman. besides, Atlanta, when it existed, was further West then EITHER CBJ or Detroit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/statu...55986418425857 talking about Ottawa

I guess he wasn't a part of the Leafs when they talked non stop about the Reimer concussion last season on TSN. I know it's just trying to add fuel to the Battle of Ontario rivalry but I found it a bit funny, he obviously doesn't watch TSN ever.
    Sportsnet has the two worst homers in the entire NHL. John Garrett in Vancouver (world's biggest homer in any sport on the planet, and blatantly bashes the opposition on TV) and Ian Mendes who is just a complete fucking tool. Also, there is no reason to keep rehashing the whole "our team is injured" thing with the media, it's old and stupid and no one cares anymore. The Leafs media doesn't make a big deal out of it because it's not a big deal, we have enough talent to compensate for injuries, the fact that Ottawa won last night was fucking terrible, there were so many missed calls by the officials but it shows they found a way to win despite injuries as well. And Detroit has a pretty bad injury problem yet you don't hear the hockey media blathering on about that now.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-02-24 at 02:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post

The Phoenix situation won't begin to be resolved until the Seattle NBA franchise is resolved next month. Once the Kings are set to move there, chances are good that that is going to end up as the landing spot for the Yotes. I think unbalanced conferences are going to be a fact of life shortly though. It just makes way, way too much sense for television ratings having the Wings play the big East cities. Losing Chicago blows for sure. I think they are going to be the literal only team in the West I will miss playing. At least the Hawks get Minnesota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And Detroit has a pretty bad injury problem yet you don't hear the hockey media blathering on about that now.
    That's because Detroit is in Murica and we don't have this fancy "hockey media" you are referring to.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot conscript, American's care more about a bunch of hillbillies driving in a circle or fat guys hugging eachother in hand egg...I mean football. :P