Annual pass and subscription cancel

So i signed up for the Annual Pass last year in march , and upon doing so the cancel sub line was greyed out and stated something like '' you agreed to the annual pass blabla you cannot cancel your sub at this time . ''

I recently stopped playing ( pretty much ) and checked today when my pass ends and my renewal is due , my account says the pass ends at 23/3/2013 , but i see i can click the cancel function to disconnect my credit card.

So the question is , can i cancel even though it states Annual Pass Ends: 23/3/2013? i would assume so since the cancel option is there, where before it was greyed out.
    I could pay the last month if needed , but if i can just click the cancel option since it's up i rather not want to since i don't play anymore.

If you leave WoW before your AP time is up, you'll lose the perks that came with the AP in the first place (D3, mount, etc). This happens if you stop payment on your credit card or manage to cancel through bnet (I highly doubt it'd let you go through with it anyhow).
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally buy a sub and then cancel the subscription and delete my credit card off the system - so, if you're paid up, I see no reason why you can't. "Cancel" just means you don't intend to subscribe again after your current contract is over.

If you were paying monthly, and the pass ends 3/23/2013, then you should've already paid for the last month, no? If you did, then yes, you can cancel your sub and the day the pass ends is also the day your sub with end.

You payed for the month of Feb 23, 2013 - March 23, 2013. By canceling it, you will not renew your sub after March 23, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    If you were paying monthly, and the pass ends 3/23/2013, then you should've already paid for the last month, no? If you did, then yes, you can cancel your sub and the day the pass ends is also the day your sub with end.
    Not really 23/3 is just when i took the pass , but my monthly sub always ends on the 27th , so my next month hasn't gone off yet.
    That's why i find it odd that the ''cancel subscription '' line is clickable , it was greyed out for the last 11 months cause it said i could not cancel cause of the pass.

Now it's clickable and i get the usual questions as to why i want to leave wow and when i fill it in the button ''yes. cancel my current subscription '' is clickable.

you are techinically done as the last month of your sub has begun nothing complicated here

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    You payed for the month of Feb 23, 2013 - March 23, 2013. By canceling it, you will not renew your sub after March 23, 2013.

this is better said

I bought the annual pass using a Visa Walmart card. Once it went to renew it couldn't gather the funds and cancelled itself. I just put in game cards after that and still got all the perks (mount/d3/etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    you are techinically done as the last month of your sub has begun nothing complicated here
    The annual pass does not have to end at the same time as your game time. And he stated prior to your post that it does not.

If I were you, I'd play it safe and buy another month. You could always ask support, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Not really 23/3 is just when i took the pass , but my monthly sub always ends on the 27th , so my next month hasn't gone off yet.
    That's why i find it odd that the ''cancel subscription '' line is clickable , it was greyed out for the last 11 months cause it said i could not cancel cause of the pass.

Now it's clickable and i get the usual questions as to why i want to leave wow and when i fill it in the button ''yes. cancel my current subscription '' is clickable.
    Ah, well that's strange that the button would be clickable now as opposed to any other day before. I would think that since the pass hasn't expired, the only way you would be able to cancel is to call Blizzard and tell them to cancel it. It's possible that when you click "Yes. Cancel my current subscription" it'll yell about the annual pass not being over yet.

If you don't care about the stuff they gave away with the pass, then you should just cancel the thing through the site if possible. You could always submit a ticket as well and ask Blizzard, though I doubt you'll get anything but a generic response with a link to the annual pass faq page.

omg, I completely forgot that the Annual pass is coming to an end next month.

I guess that becomes a good candidate for the new Bat mount then surely?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

if you cancel all your diablo3 progress will be deleted. thats if you got it for free from the annual pass

Deleted
    You should contact support before you cancel and save their response.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    If you leave WoW before your AP time is up, you'll lose the perks that came with the AP in the first place (D3, mount, etc). This happens if you stop payment on your credit card or manage to cancel through bnet (I highly doubt it'd let you go through with it anyhow).
    I call BS on that one. During my AP (expired back in October) I got banned once due to a hacking, lapsed on my subscription at least once, and never lost my AP bonuses.

There may be a slight grace period before the AP is lost.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    omg, I completely forgot that the Annual pass is coming to an end next month.

I guess that becomes a good candidate for the new Bat mount then surely?
    I want another AP =S

All the perks for myself who was going to stay subbed anyway it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    I want another AP =S

All the perks for myself who was going to stay subbed anyway it was awesome.
    I wish they would have done one for HotS. But I imagine we won't see another one until the all of the old annual pass subscriptions have expired.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    I bought the annual pass using a Visa Walmart card. Once it went to renew it couldn't gather the funds and cancelled itself. I just put in game cards after that and still got all the perks (mount/d3/etc.)
    Are you proud of having done this ? The AP is a contract you signed in and agreed upon all you prove is that youre not a man of your word by doing crap like this.