Thread: Arena junkies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Relevant, also funny because it's sad:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/236124-arena-egos/

WoW pvp competition is dead, so its the community.

Arena junkies is crap,full of boosters/wintraders which ask legit ppl for achiev so you can write their old forum lol

AJ is a win trading fuck fest. 90% of those "glad" titles are win traded. I wouldn't seek any advice from them. Quite a few servers have high end PvP guilds with legit 2400+ players. Typically if you're not an ass and you catch them just sitting outside SW/Org waiting for a queue they will answer your questions. Live streams / youtube videos help alot. I know people bash guys bash "swifty", but the information he tells people isn't wrong. Keybind your stuff, make macros, put yourself in bad situations to force yourself to out play the other team, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    AJ is a win trading fuck fest. 90% of those "glad" titles are win traded. I wouldn't seek any advice from them. Quite a few servers have high end PvP guilds with legit 2400+ players. Typically if you're not an ass and you catch them just sitting outside SW/Org waiting for a queue they will answer your questions. Live streams / youtube videos help alot. I know people bash guys bash "swifty", but the information he tells people isn't wrong. Keybind your stuff, make macros, put yourself in bad situations to force yourself to out play the other team, etc...
    So when he said that you can't get high ratings without a multi button mouse - that was also true?

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    AJ is a win trading fuck fest. 90% of those "glad" titles are win traded. I wouldn't seek any advice from them.
    [Citation needed]

I think a lot of the old sites went down the tubes, what happened to Elitist Jerks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    I think a lot of the old sites went down the tubes, what happened to Elitist Jerks?
    Tankspot used to be my fav.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    AJ elitism was a by product of the rating requirement to post in the first place. It worked to begin with but then when every dickhead managed to get glad with the amount if exploits/win trading going on it turned into a bunch of weapons grade wankers jousting over who had the biggest epeen. Personally I've always preferred the open forums even tho I play at over 2.2k. Mainly because of the broad range of questions that get asked. Yes a lot of the same shit crops up time and time again be occasionally someone with fuck all wow exp comes out with a awesome line of thought, purely cause they are not thinking about things the way a lot of experienced wow players think due to playing the game for so long.

We have a saying in the army that is "there is no such thing as a stupid question, because guaranteed someone will be thinking the same thing as you and is just to afraid to ask!" "Knowledge is power!"

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    We have a saying in the army that is "there is no such thing as a stupid question, because guaranteed someone will be thinking the same thing as you and is just to afraid to ask!" "Knowledge is power!"
    Best thing I've read today.

Deleted
    Arena junkies used to be THE site when folks talked about PvP. But since cataclysm most people quited and never to return..

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Yea, it's sad that there are no good PVP information websites out there anymore. Paid sites like SkillCapped are simply not worth the money because content is so scarce and so dependent on contributors (only a few of them put out quality content like Craze for the priest section)

If there was a good website to provide quality PVP information and guides without the insults, drama, and elitism that tends to plague the PVP section, then a lot more people would participate in WoW PVP.
    well why do you think that is? wow pvp gets worse every expansion it's simply too frustrating for many *good* players
    at least aj has competent moderators though (with one exception ) unlike this site

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    yet here you are bro

without looking to flame.. AJ preforms a valuable service still imo, aka - intelligent pvp discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    This.

Good luck finding helpful people on Junkies Only forums, it's just people crying about how shit the game is and trolls circle jerking for +rep with funny "xDdxDd image" posts. Or "elitists" who think they are teh shit with their 2 x Rank 1 helms from TBC. Garbage gamers. xP

I really liked the forums, AJ has been going downhill (faster than Flash) since Cataclysm tho.
    Last edited by Nest; 2013-02-24 at 05:21 PM.
    Hi

AJ back in wrath when I used it was awesome, lots of helpful stuff. I got bored with pvp though and haven't had a good reason to check them out since cata, sucks to hear what happened to the site lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    This.

Good luck finding helpful people on Junkies Only forums, it's just people crying about how shit the game is and trolls circle jerking for +rep with funny "xDdxDd image" posts. Or "elitists" who think they are teh shit with their 2 x Rank 1 helms from TBC. Garbage gamers. xP

I really liked the forums, AJ has been going downhill (faster than Flash) since Cataclysm tho.
    super mad i guess?

anyways admittedly the site is dropping in population, but i still like not having to see 18 page threads on chaos bolt being op..

or people suggesting 100% crit trinket isnt a big fucking deal,
    or people arguing that trip dps is a legit 3s comp,
    or telling me how well resil scales over 70%,
    or trying to convince me that good rogues wont take cloak and dagger [wtf?],
    or getting me banned for calling someone out when they complain that it's too hard to remember whether or not they spec'd KJC on their lock.

i like this forum too.. but sometimes... smh.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    ok.. ok.. AJ is bad.. so where to go to seek PvP info?
    Elitist jerks is decent. They don't make it easy for you to post there tho. Whoever runs that site is a fucking nerd.

arena junkies is basically only useful for getting a good laugh out of the ancient arena rage ms paint thread. So good. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    The same reason PvE is full of elitists. Because people who care enough about WoW to post on fansites have a lot of overlap with people who think they are better than everyone else at the game. The PvP community just happens to be smaller so the truly exceptional scumbags are easier to spot.
    Pressing 1-4 in PvE takes enough skill to create elitists now? Wow has progressed indeed. In my days of raiding you could just make-by with pressing 1 and 2, but hey, what do I know about playing an Arcane mage.

Skillcapped is a great site for finding the info you need, provided that you have some money to burn, because there isn't much info there.

No single site is good for PvP information I have found.
    You have to visit multiple sites (yes, even AJ) and read posts from those few players who are a) good and b) write good posts.
    A good example is Craze or Tosan on skill-capped.com forums (don't have to pay for reading those).
    But there are others as well. Also on AJ there's still tidbits of good info to be found.
    But 90% is crap on all PvP sites.