Hello, I'm trying to make a /run macro, that sets raid target icons on all mobs of a given name/unit id.
    Something similar to what DBM does on the Lei-Shi encounter, when the boss spawns three "Animated Protector", which all get different icons.
    I hope, thats possible with a 255 char macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to make a /run macro, that sets raid target icons on all mobs of a given name/unit id.
    Something similar to what DBM does on the Lei-Shi encounter, when the boss spawns three "Animated Protector", which all get different icons.
    I hope, thats possible with a 255 char macro.
    I don't think this is possible with a macro. I'm not aware of a way to get a macro to know Animated Protector 1 from Animated Protector 3. It MIGHT be possible with a complex /script command, but I wouldn't know how.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a macro that equips a specific weapon.

The usual macro
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon Name Here]
    will equip the weapon in your inventory, which is clear. But it gets bit complicated when I have 2 weapons with the same name inventory. Usually when the equip macro runs it will take the "other" weapon, not the one it suppose to.

How can I fix it, so if you run the macro it will take the correct item from inventory.

Code:
    /equip [Weapon 1]
    /use [Skill 1]
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon 2]
    /use [Skill 2]
    Weapon 1 and Weapon 2 are same items, with different reforges/enchants and it is really important that the correct weapon gets chosen for the skill I'm using.

Can someone pls give me some ideas on how should I make the macro work correctly?

edit: wrong thread, ignore
    Last edited by Kyza; 2013-02-19 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that equips a specific weapon.

The usual macro
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon Name Here]
    will equip the weapon in your inventory, which is clear. But it gets bit complicated when I have 2 weapons with the same name inventory. Usually when the equip macro runs it will take the "other" weapon, not the one it suppose to.

How can I fix it, so if you run the macro it will take the correct item from inventory.

Code:
    /equip [Weapon 1]
    /use [Skill 1]
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon 2]
    /use [Skill 2]
    Weapon 1 and Weapon 2 are same items, with different reforges/enchants and it is really important that the correct weapon gets chosen for the skill I'm using.

Can someone pls give me some ideas on how should I make the macro work correctly?
    Easiest way I can think of is making 2 equipment sets with the equipment manager, one using the first weapon, one using the other one.
    And use a macro like
    Code:
    /equipset set1
    /cast skill1
    and
    Code:
    /equipset set2
    /cast skill2
    (Just change the set names to whatever it is you use. Do note that equipment sets are case sensitive)

And as always if you chain cast spells the weapon swap might not trigger, not really anything that can be done about that, just wait a millisec between casts where there's a weapon swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Madorable. It is really clever advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Thanks Madorable. It is really clever advice.
    And the only workaround for that issue afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    And the only workaround for that issue afaik.
    Guess you could use bag slot macros, but that is so much more complicated :P As you need to have the right item in the right bag slot at any given time..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Guess you could use bag slot macros, but that is so much more complicated :P As you need to have the right item in the right bag slot at any given time..
    That was my first thought, but it would toggle the weapons every time you try to use an ability that has that macro in it, since they'd just keep swapping inside the same bagslot.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts Incinerate when Conflagrate is on CD? Sometimes Im mashing Conflagrate button even if its on cd, so id like macro to start casting Incinerate instead. I tried /castsequence, but it doesnt allow me to cast 2 Conflagrates in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by annicep View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that casts Incinerate when Conflagrate is on CD? Sometimes Im mashing Conflagrate button even if its on cd, so id like macro to start casting Incinerate instead. I tried /castsequence, but it doesnt allow me to cast 2 Conflagrates in a row.
    Macros cant check if spells are on CDs, if I'm not totaly wrong. So no, better start using your eyes insted
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Not possible, Blizzard has specifically made sure to block anything that will auto-play for you and deciding which of 2 spells to cast based on what's on cooldown would be doing exactly that. The answer is pay more attention.

Having some issues creating a macro for what I'm looking for, figured this would be the best place to ask for help.

I want a macro for my main healing spells (Ex. Penance, Heal, ect..) that will work with mouseovers, but heal a friendly target if I have one (I guess prioritize target over mouseover) with no mod. If I have no mod and no one targeted, I would like it to cast the heal on me. With alt/ Shift/ crtl, I want them to do the heal to party1/party2/pet.

Also, I am wondering if it is possible to do all of them above I posted, plus put a harm conditional to the no mod. IE. if I have an enemy targeted it will do SW:Pain.

Not sure if all this is possible, not too worried about the harm/ help part, but would be nice.

thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arouses View Post
    Having some issues creating a macro for what I'm looking for, figured this would be the best place to ask for help.

I want a macro for my main healing spells (Ex. Penance, Heal, ect..) that will work with mouseovers, but heal a friendly target if I have one (I guess prioritize target over mouseover) with no mod. If I have no mod and no one targeted, I would like it to cast the heal on me. With alt/ Shift/ crtl, I want them to do the heal to party1/party2/pet.

Also, I am wondering if it is possible to do all of them above I posted, plus put a harm conditional to the no mod. IE. if I have an enemy targeted it will do SW:Pain.

Not sure if all this is possible, not too worried about the harm/ help part, but would be nice.

thank you.
    Code:
    /cast [harm]shadow word: pain;[mod:alt,@party1][mod:shift,@party2][help][@mouseover,help][@player] heal
    Not sure what you mean with the pet part though. Your own pet, someone else's pet?

This macro should do everything you wanted excluding the pet part.

ty for your help. decided it was best to not add the harm effect into the same macro/ bind. One more request to make a change to the macro. Did a few instance runs and noticed a problem in the macro for my heals.

When I have the tank targeted and mouseover the dps on my frames, the heal will still go to the tank and not my mouseover. is it possible to change the macro to prioritize the mouseover over the target (at least for friendly units).

Thank you again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arouses View Post
    ty for your help. decided it was best to not add the harm effect into the same macro/ bind. One more request to make a change to the macro. Did a few instance runs and noticed a problem in the macro for my heals.

When I have the tank targeted and mouseover the dps on my frames, the heal will still go to the tank and not my mouseover. is it possible to change the macro to prioritize the mouseover over the target (at least for friendly units).

Thank you again
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt,@party1][mod:shift,@party2][@mouseover,help][help][@player] heal
    This should prioritize mouseovers over a target.
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2013-02-23 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    Hy,
    i'm very new in macros, a few times a tried to create one, but a failed every time. I really want to learn how to do it, to play more advanced and succesfully. My main is a druid, that is why I need a macro that allows me to pop Moonfire and Sunfire with one click. This macro will be the start for me
    If you have any tips or guides i will read that. Thanks

Deleted
    I would like a new macro for my Rogue

When I am specced Shadowstep it will Shadowstep arena target 1.
    When I am specced Cloak and Dagger it will Cheapshot arena target 1.

Is it possible to get this in the same macro on same keybind without a modifier?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosy View Post
    Hy,
    i'm very new in macros, a few times a tried to create one, but a failed every time. I really want to learn how to do it, to play more advanced and succesfully. My main is a druid, that is why I need a macro that allows me to pop Moonfire and Sunfire with one click. This macro will be the start for me
    If you have any tips or guides i will read that. Thanks
    Not possible - a one-click-cast macro can only include one spell that's on the GCD, and in this case, both Moonfire and Sunfire are both on the GCD.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    I would like a new macro for my Rogue

When I am specced Shadowstep it will Shadowstep arena target 1.
    When I am specced Cloak and Dagger it will Cheapshot arena target 1.

Is it possible to get this in the same macro on same keybind without a modifier?
    Not really, because it's hard for a macro to know what talents you have selected, unless you're in two different specs. But, with a modifier? It's EASY.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@arena1, mod] Cheap Shot; [@arena1] Shadowstep
    This will cast Cheap Shot if you're holding down ANY modifier key - alt, shift, or ctrl. If you're not holding a modifier, it casts Shadowstep.