I'm sure there are other comps that are equally fast and efficient at it, Mel. But you never see them advertised.

That's because those classes (while equally efficient) require quite a few things to be succesful while zerker warriors are quite easy, pop cd's hit HB, autoattack, HB,...

Thieves for instance must know to keep ini above 6, always BS, stealth every CD,...
    Guardians I don't know the rotation for since I'm only lvl 77 on mine

Yeah, you'd think they would try to make the warriors a bit more engaging.

It's interesting in that when looking at what class balancing they are going to look at, I don't see warriors mentioned. Right now they are looking at Elementalists and Rangers. But this is in regards to sPVP, which I'm sure warriors are in a worse state than they are in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, despite my earlier rantings, I'm fine with this if it just remains for speed clears (although I would like to see some variations other than 4 bezerk warriors and 1 mesmer for a CoF clear). If it starts to creep into all of the game, then we will have problems.
    Think it would only be a design problem if 4 zerk/1 mez were the only comp able to speed clear. Though I haven't seen that to be the case.

Hell, I have a full zerk set but often run FOTM/Dungeons in MF gear. Because it's just a pain in the ass to swap gear due to Anet's terrible UI. Doesn't seem to have much impact on the speed or efficacy of the run.

The perception that 4 zerk/1 mez is the only viable comp may be ture. But that's like, imaginary.

sPvP wise warriors are pretty balanced, the issue is that they are being outclassed by elementalists and guardians. Rangers need an all round buff.
    I was doing some free tourneys earlier and my group of randoms had 5thieves. The other team decided to bring 3rangers "since they're good against thieves" those rangers got slaughtered since trap rangers really aren't a threat for thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

The perception that 4 zerk/1 mez is the only viable comp may be ture. But that's like, imaginary.
    perception is often more powerful than reality though

I just watched a State of the Game where Jon Peters and John Sharp were talking about SPVP Wars, Eles and trap Rangers. The consuses was that Eles were to utility-y [shut up, go with it] and Warriors were almost perfectly balanced.

Don't PVP myself so don't have much to say about that aspect of Warriors. However, in PVE I do find Warriors to be the most complete and well designed class in the game. Gold medal to that design team- the Warrior is near perfect.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 04:30 PM ----------

perception is often more powerful than reality though
    I guess that is true to a certain extent. Though there is the negative of correcting for those faulty perceptions to detriment of like everyone.

Billy Butthurt is not what you balance around.

The discussion about nerfing elementalists wounds me a bit as it is my favorite profession. I'll get over it but nobody likes to have their class nerfed. I do hope they split the skills between pvp and pve though, as I don't think they need to be touched in pve.

Deleted
    The discussion about nerfing elementalists wounds me a bit as it is my favorite profession. I'll get over it but nobody likes to have their class nerfed. I do hope they split the skills between pvp and pve though, as I don't think they need to be touched in pve.
    i know that in a old patch they also just did abilty x=nerfed for 30% in pvp(i think it was the thief backstab abilty or something). so they probably do it that way again =)!

Okay. AC Story was not easy. We wiped so many times and people are telling me that's the easiest dungeon in the game? Wow. I have no business EVER setting foot in a dungeon again if that's the case. What sucks is I still have 4 more to do for this stupid monthly achievement and as bad as AC/S was I'm not all that inclined to continue.

AC story is supposed to be one of the harder story dungeons, Lane. I have done only two dungeons, Ascalonian Catacombs and Caudecus's Manor, and CM was much easier.

AC story is not that hard.

You can duo it...

OMG, Arah Story waaaaay easier than AC. Which is messed up considering it's the last dungeon vs. the first. :P

Also, despite my immense dislike of all things dragon I do have to admit Zhaitan's model/design is pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Okay. AC Story was not easy. We wiped so many times and people are telling me that's the easiest dungeon in the game? Wow. I have no business EVER setting foot in a dungeon again if that's the case. What sucks is I still have 4 more to do for this stupid monthly achievement and as bad as AC/S was I'm not all that inclined to continue.
    AC story was harder than AC explorable in my eyes lol! That might have been because at the time when I did it, I was still kind of a noob though.

Don't forget that arah's been nerfed quite a couple of times now.
    Also downscaling is more penelasing than it used to be so first-timers might struggle a bit more.

Deleted
    I am slightly obligated to be like, "agree to disagree". However, Rift is fairly hideous looking and World of Warcraft looks like baby vomit after they accidentally eat a box of crayons.

Pretty hard for me to agree to disagree when GW2 equivalent light armor compared to the design excellence of Tera is like this, literally:

Erm, yea.
    Uhm yes, quite unfair isn't it? Choosing a horrible color combo, one of the ugliest armors ingame and that screenshot of GW2 looks like it was taken on a lower gfx setting.

Lets see a comparison with a GW2 human or Norn female with roughly the same proportions like the Tera character (without the rediculous breasts) with the GFX on Ultra, in a world environment, with the Feathered or Masquarade set with a matching color combo, headpiece /off.

There will still be a difference, but it isnt as extreme as those 2 screenshots show.

If you want to hate on armor, hate on heavy.
    Its all bloody chain and scale! Thats not heavy armor, heavy armor starts at splint according to D&D regulations.
    To rub even more salt in the wound, it all looks broken and "worn" for the first 25 levels too.../sigh
    The first set that I got my hands on that actually looked cool is the barbaric set, and after that the cultural T3 of the Norn and the armageddon karma stuff. The rest looks like crap.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-25 at 09:54 AM. Reason: when you quote, you dont need all the image. quote is not reply.

It's a fair comparison. One can take any GW2 and Tera armor set and compare the hideousness of the former.

Level 1 GW2 on my PC: http://i.imgur.com/EaIT02a.jpg

Level 1 Tera on my PC: http://i.imgur.com/Jh8hHL1.jpg

Still not sure if I am wearing socks that come up to my crotch in GW2...
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-25 at 09:56 AM.

I highly prefer the GW2 "armor" in those last two pics. I don't really care for dresses/trench coats so that's probably the reason.

It's a fair comparison. One can take any GW2 and Tera armor set and compare the hideousness of the former.

GW2 looks way better there in my opinion. Tera have some armor and weapon designs that's really nice, but I much more prefer the world and graphics in GW2.

Deleted

This is a better comparison.

The girl in GW2 has a nice dress imo, and still looks like it could be worn during every day life in a medieval- early romantic period.
    The one from the Tera screen looks more like she is ready to go to a party on summers saturday night, I prefer the GW2 look.

Armor should look pleasing to the eye because in a third person game, you will be seeing a lot of it, all the time, and you want others to look up to you, and I think GW2 in comparison to games like Rift, AoC and FF11 does a nice job of that.
    Tera...Well it looks nice, for a while. But to me, there just is to much nudity, hey Im a guy who enjoys a bit of cleavage, legs and behinds, but the women in Tera belong in a nightclub or the corner of the street.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ofc so everyone has a different opinion.

Im pretty sure Arenanet is designing a whole new line of gear looks as we speak, its an evolving MMO so Im sure we will begin seeing some crazy and cool stuff in the months to come.