The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Build a office PC

Basically I'm going to build a PC for work. I will mostly be using it to pay transactions etc and a storage PC..

AMD A-Series A6-5400K
    Socket- FM2, Dual Core, 3.6Ghz, 65W, 1MB, Radeon HD7540D, Black Edition

ASUS F2A55-M LK, Socket-FM2
    m-ATX, A55, DDR3, 1xG2-PCIe-x16, VGA, DVI, UEFI

Seagate Momentus® Thin 250GB
    SATA 3Gb/s, 16MB, 7200RPM, 2.5", 7mm height

Fractal Design Core 1000 Mini Tower
    Vifter: 1x 120mm Front, 2x USB 2.0, mATX, mITX

Corsair CX 430W PSU
    ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Standard. 1x 6+2pin PCIe, 4x SATA, 3x Molex

Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 2GB CL9 x2
    (9-9-9-27), 240pin

Totalt: 2.475,00

Here's the PC. Price is around 500 USDs, ofcourse this is norway so it's more expensiver.. I understand this is not a strong PC. Just something that can handle internet work. Would this work for what it's supposed to be used to? No gaming at all!

Don't build, buy from Dell. You'll get dirt-cheap monitor and windows license that way on the side with low end office computer.

Or if you have monitor and windows already and/or will build it anyway on your own, get 60GB SSD instead of HDD. It's same price but, you need practically zero discspace for web terminal and will make very low spec desktop feel like a rocket.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Sure it will work. Just about any PC today is going to be able to handle basic office and internet tasks with ease. You could probably even build what you need for much less than that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    Sure it will work. Just about any PC today is going to be able to handle basic office and internet tasks with ease. You could probably even build what you need for much less than that.
    Not possible. I went for the cheapest possible! Maybe 25 bucks, but that's not a big deal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't build, buy from Dell. You'll get dirt-cheap monitor and windows license that way on the side with low end office computer.

Or if you have monitor and windows already and/or will build it anyway on your own, get 60GB SSD instead of HDD. It's same price but, you need practically zero discspace for web terminal and will make very low spec desktop feel like a rocket.

Yeah, good idea with the SSD! I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor and speakers. Windows 7 Ultimate license is aswell bought. I doubt dell sells them for that cheap in Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Yeah, good idea with the SSD! I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor and speakers. Windows 7 Ultimate license is aswell bought. I doubt dell sells them for that cheap in Norway.
    Office computers without graphics card are relatively cheap because you get basically 'free' windows and monitor. But yeah, in your case you're on the right track. AMD's FM2 processor + SSD will probably give best value for money for web terminal.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Office computers without graphics card are relatively cheap because you get basically 'free' windows and monitor. But yeah, in your case you're on the right track. AMD's FM2 processor + SSD will probably give best value for money for web terminal.
    I'll give it a shot. thanks

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Bit more expensive than I thought since it comes with linux not windows. But it is i3 at least.
    Trolling should be.