Thread: Idea for DKs.

Idea for DKs.

Glyph of the Empowered Undead

Before I explain what the glyph is or what it does, I will say that in order for the glyph to be implemented, the 5.2 DK damage buffs will need to be reverted and their damage as it is now would need to be nerfed slightly. A lot of people will flame me for this topic but it's just an idea and I'd like to know your thoughts on the glyph and whole idea.

So basically, DK defensive isn't that strong, once AMS is down, you're in trouble and once you've walled (IBF) it's pretty much gameover. AMZ is something you have to talent for so I'm not sure what to make of that. I took a look at the defensive CDs of some other classes and also offensive CDs of some classes and came up with this.

Army of the Dead useable in arena. The glyph will make Army of the Dead instant, increase each ghouls damage by X% but reduce the number of ghouls to 5. It'll also act the same as Mirror Images, dropping you from everyone's current target the same as Mirror Images. Now you can see why their damage would need to be nerfed because we all know DKs are extremely strong on the offensive right now but are too weak when getting focused.

Main inspiration for this glyph is Mirror Images and obviously stampede or "zoo". Just thought I'd mention that before anybody says that instant Army of the Dead is stupidly over-powered.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Sevaara; 2013-02-25 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Glyph of the Empowered Undead

Before I explain what the glyph is or what it does, I will say that in order for the glyph to be implemented, the 5.2 DK damage buffs will need to be reverted and their damage as it is now would need to be nerfed slightly. A lot of people will flame me for this topic but it's just an idea and I'd like to know your thoughts on the glyph and whole idea.

So basically, DK defensive isn't that strong, once AMS is down, you're in trouble and once you've walled (IBF) it's pretty much gameover. AMZ is something you have to talent for so I'm not sure what to make of that. I took a look at the defensive CDs of some other classes and also offensive CDs of some classes and came up with this.

Army of the Dead useable in arena. The glyph will make Army of the Dead instant, increase each ghouls damage by X% but reduce the number of ghouls to 5. It'll also act the same as Mirror Images, dropping you from everyone's current target the same as Mirror Images. Now you can see why their damage would need to be nerfed because we all know DKs are extremely strong on the offensive right now but are too weak when getting focused.

Main inspiration for this glyph is Mirror Images and obviously stampede or "zoo". Just thought I'd mention that before anybody says that instant Army of the Dead is stupidly over-powered.

Discuss.
    hmmm. Well, tbh, what you just talked about implementing doesn't in anyway sound like a defensive CD tbh, it sounds like a 2 or 3m offensive CD that will cause a very little amount of damage output(like mirror images), or need to be cc'able i.e. Fear Bombed, but ghouls are undead so that would make that impossible.

Being that I play a warrior and rogue, you're right, DK's have SHIT defensives and I burn through them rather quickly. I dropped my PvP DK at the end of Wrath and have had no desire whatsoever to pick him back up because of this.

Having said that, one comp that I have faced a few times with my KFC team and my Rogue-Spriest-Rsham was Blood DK - HPal - Hpal, and have yet to beat them. Not sure if it's the same team but the comp is very peculiar and super hard to beat.

IMO, shitcan your Frost or UH spec your playing in arena, swap over to blood, and have fun with it. As for BG's, Frost still seems ok, but rather mundane.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2013-02-25 at 12:29 AM.

You would have to change it so that it reduced the damage of AotD and allowed it to be a purely defensive CD not one of these quasi-tactical ones which become a nightmare to balance (looking at you Bloodfear).

I don't exactly get how your Glyph even makes it any more defensive since I doubt Mages look at Mirror Images as a defensive CD in PvP. I can't say a Mage has ever baffled me with it and I'm not exactly prone to looking at the details when I'm PvPing.

Sorry I just don't get what this is meant to achieve.

While I think that this would be a cool offensive ability for DK, as a defencive? ...eh... not so much. While Image and Stampede + feign are good for dropping the mage / boomy (Symbiosis) and hunter as targets once You retarget them, all you have to do is waste an AoE cc to get their pets off of you, or in a mage's case, not care. That's really only a good defencive CD if you're planning to make you target turtle by combining it with damage procs, and even then they'll still probably burn you down if their healer isn't controlled.

Basically: Okay offencive ability (Better if you're undead), but only good as a defencive for about 1-3 globals.

Deleted
    I got an idea, remove the class.