Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

NPC sharing will be griefed to high hell

See someone tag a rare mob, tap it once to give it 50% more health, sit back & watch.

Paranoid.

Nothing to see here.

Edit: on a side note, i now have another way to piss of Draenei Males. Thank you OP.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-02-25 at 04:19 AM.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i lol'd scratching my head when i read that too.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

But then you would delay your OWN reward as well as his... whats the point?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I think he's claiming people will do it just to make people's life harder. People that already have the gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This presumes that you have intent to receive the reward. Griefers don't want rewards, they want to grief.

Which is silly because rarespawns drop nice things most of the time and you can use word of mouth to exile someone from the community oh no wait there's no server community anymore. LET'S RUN THIS THREAD RIGHT OFF THE TRACK
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go, this will be a great thread. I sometimes wonder what kind of people you are, or who you interact with, so much complaining about ''griefers'', I wonder if these are the same people that complaing on the forums about someone camping thier alts. Please for love of freaking god, atleast see how this works and have a bit of faith in people before goin ape shit. Thanks. By the way, I dont care if that is the case, this is much better than haveing to camp a rare because I need to tap it before someone else, I dont care what anyone says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paranoid kids. This is just like when Blizzard announced Cata would let people fly in Azeroth. "Aw noes! Peoples is going to keep flying over low lvl zoens killing teh lowbeis! GG Blizzerd, you done killd WoW again!"

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one's killing wow over this lol But fighting rarespawns, for anyone silly enough to attempt that now, will be quite a comedic process.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Paranoid kids. This is just like when Blizzard announced Cata would let people fly in Azeroth. "Aw noes! Peoples is going to keep flying over low lvl zoens killing teh lowbeis! GG Blizzerd, you done killd WoW again!"
    Jimmies werent meant to be as rustled as yours are

Deleted
    You just gave me a fantastic idea !

What's the point of "Rare" when you and 70 of your friends can all go and hit it and get the loot?

I'll never understand why people complain about mob tagging in the first place. I Suppose it may be due to my lack of ADD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    You just gave me a fantastic idea !
    Yeah, this option had really not occurred to me until I noticed this thread.

I am glad something like this exists. It really is a nice change besides the very minimal people that will be griefers about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man , i can already see this, making 40man raids just to poke rare and increase its hp to boss lvl , then sit back and watch xD looks like fun events for streamers to do ^^

It probably caps at 5 players
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

And right now you can grief people by pulling the mob before they can and not inviting them into your group.

The only thing that's changed is that it's harder for griefers to screw you over. It might be easier for them to be annoying, but it'll be harder for them to completely screw you over. It's a win as far as I'm concerned.

@Goldfingaz: Because rare loot isn't valuable because it's rare... unless you have horrible self-esteem and are obsessed with what other people think of you. Also, because this is an MMO, and any mechanic which encourages you to view your faction mates as competition and threats instead of allies is inherently detrimental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    And right now you can grief people by pulling the mob before they can and not inviting them into your group.
    How is this griefing lol?

People ALREADY do this to shared tagged quest mobs. I doubt they're trying to wipe me, but I can't tell you how many times I've been beating up on some 1M-ish quest mob and had some asshole mage ice lance it, then go back to his other tagged mobs while I finish off the quest mob that now has another 300K or so health. It's bullshit and it ought to be reportable as griefing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This presumes that you have intent to receive the reward. Griefers don't want rewards, they want to grief.

Which is silly because rarespawns drop nice things most of the time and you can use word of mouth to exile someone from the community oh no wait there's no server community anymore. LET'S RUN THIS THREAD RIGHT OFF THE TRACK
    The reward is watching someone die to a quest mob that should be two, three, four or five manned.

Just like in lfr where I can do something else while someone farms loot for me.