Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quentin! Oh yeah baby! I picked Flight, but glad to be wrong on this choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashkar View Post
    Agreed, another brilliant character. It's still frustrating that Leo wasn't even acknowledged for playing Candie; so perfectly greasy and uncomfortable.
    Yeah Oscar hates the shit out of Leo.

Edit: And go Katniss! Or Jessica. Or Riva. And Argo. And Daniel. And since we know Stephen's going to win, fuck it; go Ang Lee just to go against the grain!
    Last edited by King Shark; 2013-02-25 at 04:32 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The only categories I have a feeling about are:

Best Film : Django Unchained
    Best Actress : Naomi Watts for "The Impossible"

Other than those, no strong feelings about who should win what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Yeah Oscar hates the shit out of Leo.

Edit: And go Katniss! Or Jessica. Or Riva. And Argo. And Daniel. And since we know Stephen's going to win, fuck it; go Ang Lee just to go against the grain!
    Not entirely sure Spielburg is a shoe in, Ang Lee has been tipped by many to take this one.

Daniel Day Lewis and Anne Hathaway are the only real "Just give them the award let them use the extra time on their speech instead" entries.

Edit: Well there you go.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dang, Stephen got robbed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    David Niven was a classic, but yes in the modern era Billy Crystal is just a brilliant host. Personally I'd love to see someone like Robin Williams give it a shot, I can't help but think he'd be perfect.
    If they have him back, he'll do better. He's been pretty nervous all night - this is a new venue for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If they have him back, he'll do better. He's been pretty nervous all night - this is a new venue for him.
    Honestly I don't think he's been bad at all tonight, if anything I've enjoyed it. He's not stuffy and pretentious, nor is he trying too hard to get himself over with ill fitting humour.

There's people waiting to rip him just because he's known for crude humour and mainstream entertainment that goes against the stereotypical "Tux and gown" setting that is the AA's.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think he's been bad at all tonight, if anything I've enjoyed it. He's not stuffy and pretentious, nor is he trying too hard to get himself over with ill fitting humour.

There's people waiting to rip him just because he's known for crude humour and mainstream entertainment that goes against the stereotypical "Tux and gown" setting that is the AA's.
    Oh, I agree - I've enjoyed him tonight completely. Much fresher than some of the other long-time hosts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Early on he had a few jokes that just fell flat; especially in the first hour. But after the first hour he got better and less and less bad jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what he said about Rihanna because all my friends keep posting about it but no one will take the time to tell me what Seth said.

Ofc Jennifer falls up the steps.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Does anyone know what he said about Rihanna because all my friends keep posting about it but no one will take the time to tell me what Seth said.
    Chris Brown and Rihanna consider "bloody and violent "Django Unchained" "a date movie""

http://todayentertainment.today.com/...r-opening?lite

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact Michelle Obama televised this, rather than appear on stage?

And suddenly the Oscars are over shadowed by every news network focusing on how Michelle Obama cut her bangs.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact Michelle Obama televised this, rather than appear on stage?
    I wouldn't want to taint my flesh by appearing live at the Oscars, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Chris Brown and Rihanna consider "bloody and violent "Django Unchained" "a date movie""

http://todayentertainment.today.com/...r-opening?lite
    HAH. Crap that's funny and I'm a terrible person.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bet the Secret Service asked her not to show live - security would have been awful for everyone.

My favorite joke of the night.

'Django' is a movie where a woman is subjected to violence, or as we call it, a Chris Brown and Rihanna date movie.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2756480.html

Deleted
    Stopped respecting Oscars when Depp didn´t win for fear and loathing, Oldman didn´t win for Dracula and Titanic beat Starship troopers for best special effects. it´s nothing but a pad on the back club for latte drinking old men.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't watch it, just one useless PR jippo but from what I've read it was perfectly bland just like it should be
    The hosts, the performances were okey but nothing more than that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.