10+ Year Old Account

Muttering the spell

As we all looking forward to see the new models for your vanilla races, questions were flowing in my head what will they change. Only appearance or more?
    Here is what I thought - Blizz could add an optional function (like showing cloak and help in display interface) to enable characters mutter or say aloud his/her spell which is being cast. That would be awesome in PVE making game more real. Like in Lineage 2 game (if you know the game ofc). Every spell should have its specific muttering words to make game more attractive. Though it might be frustrating in pvp as long as player must concentrate on foe and listen to the partner (in skype, ventrillo etc.), but as it would be optional function they will always be able to turn it off.

Also imagine warriors roaring a Battle Cry on foe when he charges (not the /roar emote) and crying in middle of battle - dealing furious blows on enemy, after avoiding melee attacks or reflecting spells he would shout Taunting words to enemy, I think that would be great! Of course every class would have its own way to irritate enemy or cry battle shouts !

The last thing I would like to see is exquisite combat action. Playing wow with Vanilla races is so dull, they have 2-3 moves in combat, same move to dodge - parry, block, Charge, Blink, stealth... it is boring. So I thought game would introduce new fighting style for all new race models I like combat action in Rift game and GW2 they are cool.

What do you feel about that ? And What do you expect from new Vanilla race models ? :P

Deleted
    I foresee people who will say that
    a) less realism, more lewt
    b) that will take development time from raids/balance/dance studio
    c) you want GW2 - go play GW2
    d) just add more polygons, no need to make new anims

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Animations/VA aren't done by quests, raid design or model design teams.

GW2 doesn't have that, except for shouts and mantras. SHAKE IT FOR GREAT JUSTICE ON MY MARK! RETREAAAAT! Which, well... A nice loud roar when you do Battle Shout would be pretty cool.

Also, if they want to make the game look like not-terrible, they'll need to do some animation revamps. Human Male run is Mr McBlockstein, Orc Female looks like she has something occupying her back door...
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Which, well... A nice loud roar when you do Battle Shout would be pretty cool
    macro /roar to that, works nice??

WoW characters actually have surprisingly big range or voice acter /emotes, no one just uses them

REND FLESH WITH ME

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    As we all looking forward to see the new models for your vanilla races, questions were flowing in my head what will they change. Only appearance or more?
    Here is what I thought - Blizz could add an optional function (like showing cloak and help in display interface) to enable characters mutter or say aloud his/her spell which is being cast. That would be awesome in PVE making game more real. Like in Lineage 2 game (if you know the game ofc). Every spell should have its specific muttering words to make game more attractive. Though it might be frustrating in pvp as long as player must concentrate on foe and listen to the partner (in skype, ventrillo etc.), but as it would be optional function they will always be able to turn it off.

Also imagine warriors roaring a Battle Cry on foe when he charges (not the /roar emote) and crying in middle of battle - dealing furious blows on enemy, after avoiding melee attacks or reflecting spells he would shout Taunting words to enemy, I think that would be great! Of course every class would have its own way to irritate enemy or cry battle shouts !

The last thing I would like to see is exquisite combat action. Playing wow with Vanilla races is so dull, they have 2-3 moves in combat, same move to dodge - parry, block, Charge, Blink, stealth... it is boring. So I thought game would introduce new fighting style for all new race models I like combat action in Rift game and GW2 they are cool.

What do you feel about that ? And What do you expect from new Vanilla race models ? :P
    They ain't going to invest any more resources into an already dead horse.

I mean I just don't understand why people can't get it. WoW isn't going to change or implement anything new. They have been talking about new race models since WTLK and its been at work since then.

To pull of what you want requires a lot of additional resources which they practically ain't willing to commit to. I doubt the game engine would even support it.

And that bit of shouting and added feel to realism, I don't know which world you live in, but I honestly don't feel WoW an MMO any more. Something like roaring a Battle Cry isn't going to add any realism to the game, because Blizzard took everything and removed anything resembling realism in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Animations/VA aren't done by quests, raid design or model design teams.
    Suprisingly many people don't know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Why do you think people will want more Lewt ? Ones who have read the Books and know lore well, would like to see game to close to that awesome actions/battle as they are described in books.
    If blizz wants to be on the Lead in MMO category, they must try everything that would effect game improvement.
    No I just want to see my favorite game to be more attractive and improved. And if it is necessary to take some good things from other games, it must be done !
    Anims are better then polygons to be made in 1st place

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    They ain't going to invest any more resources into an already dead horse.

I mean I just don't understand why people can't get it. WoW isn't going to change or implement anything new. They have been talking about new race models since WTLK and its been at work since then.

To pull of what you want requires a lot of additional resources which they practically ain't willing to commit to. I doubt the game engine would even support it.

And that bit of shouting and added feel to realism, I don't know which world you live in, but I honestly don't feel WoW an MMO any more. Something like roaring a Battle Cry isn't going to add any realism to the game, because Blizzard took everything and removed anything resembling realism in the game.
    All I can say to you is this pic:

Animation crerw don't do the voices and VAs are expensive and sometimes hard to get hold of
    This would be independent of an animation revamp and probably isn't happening

Frankly, this would get old quick.

It's bad enough if a larper goes "Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!", i don't need to hear a shaman do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, this would get old quick.

It's bad enough if a larper goes "Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!", i don't need to hear a shaman do the same.
    Not lightning bolt! lightning bolt ! something player wont understand. Like in orcish or darnassian (the way alliance players see it ).

sure you'd get bored soon enough hearing lightning bolt ! or arcane missiles! Finest example would be warlocks muttering spells in demon language

Why do you think people will want more Lewt ? Ones who have read the Books and know lore well, would like to see game to close to that awesome actions/battle as they are described in books.

If blizz wants to be on the Lead in MMO category, they must try everything that would effect game improvement.

No I just want to see my favorite game to be more attractive and improved. And if it is necessary to take some good things from other games, it must be done !

Anims are better then polygons to be made in 1st place

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 03:22 PM ----------

All I can say to you is this pic:

Sure the game may not die, but its practically a dead horse on its last journey at this point of time. The only reason I played WoW until recently was cause of my shitty computer couldn't handle any other game besides WoW. And I played WoW on the lowest settings. That would tell you everything you need to know about my computer. And I can guarantee you that there are more out there that play WoW for the same exact reason. I mean why would I play WoW when there are some amazingly simply amazingly awesome RPGs out there?

However, this isn't a "WoW is dead thread". My point was simply, if he wanted to add realism to the game, it isn't going to feel any real. Blizzard has removed anything and everything resembling realism. I know that I don't and never played WoW for its realism or cause its an "RPG".

Not lightning bolt! lightning bolt ! something player wont understand. Like in orcish or darnassian (the way alliance players see it ).

sure you'd get bored soon enough hearing lightning bolt ! or arcane missiles! Finest example would be warlocks muttering spells in demon language
    That'd be pretty annoying. Keep it limited to buttons that you only press occasionally; CDs and such. Blizzard likes to have audio cues in PvE, so PvP audio cues makes sense too.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-02-25 at 03:54 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine this to work in some situations. But I would certainly disable this is any sort of environment where I play with more people. It's NOISE. There's way too much noise already when killing stuff.

Also, when you're spamming your spells, it'll probably kill you to keep getting told some gibberish that translates to "I'm casting Riptide! Healing Wave! Healing Wave! Unleash Elements! Healing Rain! Ascendance! Chain Heal! blahblahblah!"

It's a really nice thought. But in reality it would just get very annoying very quickly, and I'd probably switch it off right after having cast a few spells on myself or at a target dummy.

"Arcane Blast" "Arcane Blast" "Arcane Blast" "Arcane Blast" "Arcane Blast" "Arcane Blast" "Scorch" "Arcane Blast" "Scorch" "Arcane Blast" "Arcane Missiles" "Arcane Blast"

No thanks, the error speech is bad enough, especially for spammy classes, like rogue.

Edit: If you really want it bad enough, you can add in your own sounds that would replace current ones. I remove the worgen sniff and my water elemental sounds that way.

Edit#2: It looks like there is an addon that will do this for yourself - Get Over Here
    Last edited by Promark; 2013-02-25 at 04:41 PM. Reason: possible to do for yourself
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so