That's one of the major issues I have with GW2, lots of armors have clipping issues with other armors (and weapons but I'm kind on that part) or simply don't have a general "flow".

I recreated this set but when you're not in fighting position there's just so many jagged pieces that it's off putting. The biggest problem is that the issues are obvious but easily fixed...

Er, isn't that the heritage armor? That's not really an accurate comparison either. None of my GW2 level 1s look like that. :P Tera's starting armor is dull as Hell too, but by the time you're level 10 you're usually wearing something spiffy. Comparatively by level 10 in GW2 you're either still wearing the same thing or remarkably something worse.

Deleted
    About Tera and GW2 armor.. I don't think you can really compare them since styles are so different.

My thief(GW2) and slayer(Tera). Both medium armor users and are around level 10-15 on the pictures.

I didn't play human with medium armor on Tera, but I assume this would be the same armor on human

I do not have heavy armor user on GW2 but I think the Tera's heavy armor was just too ridiculous. My heavy armor berserker at starter island ~lvl5-7

Castanics are a bad comparison though since literally everything they wear is designed for maximum hoochiness. Having said that, I always liked the chain mail lingerie. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Castanics are a bad comparison though since literally everything they wear is designed for maximum hoochiness. Having said that, I always liked the chain mail lingerie. :P
    Every female in TERA is designed or hoochiness.

Deleted
    Tera armor attack on GW2 thread. ._. These are the armors you can preview when you create toon. Should be low, mid and high level armors:
    Heavy:

Medium:

Light:

I would have liked to dye some of those but the dye system wasn't quite nice (dyes last max 7 days, min 24h). So most of the time you were running what you got... yes even that hot pink miniskirt. -_-" It was once of the reason I could not roll High elf (other being that weird idle animation Fencers mentioned earlier)

As soon as I can figure out what the hell I am wearing on my feet in Guild Wars 2 I'll post more screens. Till then the puzzle as to whether I am wearing long soggy socks, thigh boots with a feathered diaper or clogs that go to the knee is unresolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game look fun but since they don't have any free trial. I won't buy a game if i can't try it before you know..
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Deleted
    Just got the game! becoz well had so money and i like 2 play games:S so why not buy this one right? =) any1 know of a good server(EU)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    As soon as I can figure out what the hell I am wearing on my feet in Guild Wars 2 I'll post more screens. Till then the puzzle as to whether I am wearing long soggy socks, thigh boots with a feathered diaper or clogs that go to the knee is unresolved.
    How about boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Axore View Post
    Just got the game! becoz well had so money and i like 2 play games:S so why not buy this one right? =) any1 know of a good server(EU)?
    I am at Gandara. It is ok english speaking server. We are tier 3 at WvW (WvW = world versus world = server vs server vs server). It is week long pvp match between 3 servers. More here.

Live rankings here: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    How about boots?
    Do they come with a cowboy hat and a tickets to the rodeo?

I'll be sure to match them with the diaper dress.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-25 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    Do they come with a cowboy hat and a tickets to the rodeo?

I'll be sure to match them with the diaper dress.
    Oh the horror. Don't link that dress. D: I have seen so many light armor wearers running around with it. It isn't really outfit for swamps, mountains and places filled with zombies... or war.

My thief has outfit for boots

Well, CM wasn't as bad as AC, but it still wasn't particularly enjoyable. I guess I've been spoiled by the fact that in every other MMO I've played it's not common for people to wipe/die multiple times on content that's not at max level (and many times on non-bosses at that). It felt like we were doing heroics for the first time with no tank and no healer. :P

We still have 2 more to go for the stupid monthly. I'm thinking Twilight Arbor (at least someone said it's "easy") and not sure about the other. I'd like to do Honor of the Waves for the story, but I think my bf just got the mail for that (his highest is 74?), so he's barely entry level.

Are you really dying all over the place? Might be some really bad luck with groups.

Or do you think, perhaps, the more action game nature of GW2 is causing you to stumble in dungeons?

I mean no offense. I just find it odd that you seem to be having such a rough go at it. Esp. since so many players in the game are now old salts w/r/t GW2 dungeons these days.

It's a fair comparison. One can take any GW2 and Tera armor set and compare the hideousness of the former.

Level 1 GW2 on my PC: http://i.imgur.com/EaIT02a.jpg

Level 1 Tera on my PC: http://i.imgur.com/Jh8hHL1.jpg

Still not sure if I am wearing socks that come up to my crotch in GW2...
    worth noting the gw2 char is wearing her heritage light armor (ie some skin you get through gw1 Hall of Monuments) which is not the standard starter gear.
    would still prefer gw2 mostly anyways but well.

Well, CM wasn't as bad as AC, but it still wasn't particularly enjoyable. I guess I've been spoiled by the fact that in every other MMO I've played it's not common for people to wipe/die multiple times on content that's not at max level (and many times on non-bosses at that). It felt like we were doing heroics for the first time with no tank and no healer. :P

We still have 2 more to go for the stupid monthly. I'm thinking Twilight Arbor (at least someone said it's "easy") and not sure about the other. I'd like to do Honor of the Waves for the story, but I think my bf just got the mail for that (his highest is 74?), so he's barely entry level.
    As Fencers said, you must be quite unlucky. The vast majority of dungeons I join go very smoothly.
    Although I have to say AC/CM/TA story modes make me die inside every time, they're so bad. Especially TA story, holy raptor jesus it's awful. It's like they were intentionally designed to scare away new players with their awfulness.

HotW story and CoF story were ok, the super-nerfed Arah story is like watching a movie, and I actually loved CoE/SE story modes.

Are you really dying all over the place? Might be some really bad luck with groups.

Or do you think, perhaps, the more action game nature of GW2 is causing you to stumble in dungeons?

I mean no offense. I just find it odd that you seem to be having such a rough go at it. Esp. since so many players in the game are now old salts w/r/t GW2 dungeons these days.
    Yes, yes we are. I made the mistake, apparently, of doing AC Story with my GS/Rifle 'zerk warrior and I spent more time face down in the dirt than actually playing. In fact, by the time we were done every piece of gear I had was damaged and at least 3 pieces were outright broken. I finally ended up switching to rifle full time in an attempt to curb the amount of deaths. My bf fared a little better on his thief, but he also stayed with shortbow the whole time and used his stealths liberally.

CM Story & Exp. P2 weren't as bad, but I say that because I decided to take my 30 vitality/30 toughness elementalist with me. Ranged and very hard to kill. Since I was the most durable one there I spent quite a lot of time helping people up from downed state. My bf on his ranger decided to reenact my warrior's failures though. He had to fully replace his gear afterwards. :P

I doubt it's the action nature of the game, it's more not knowing WTF is happening. Despite warning every group ahead of time that it was the first time for at least two people in the party no one offered any assistance other than to point out when we were doing something wrong (like the keg barrels in CM P2), which automatically made half of the bosses a "surprise". Our first of many wipes in AC Story was in the first room with all the caskets. All we were told is, "Don't interact with anything." Next thing I know a champion's running around one-shotting everyone. Yeah, thanks for the heads up there.

Maybe we have been unlucky, but except for Arah Story (where interestingly enough we were all first timers) they have all been terrible experiences. I'm probably going to swear off dungeons forever now, especially since I wasn't that keen on doing them in the first place. :P I didn't expect anything in GW2 to be harder than what I've done in WoW, Rift, or Tera, but it has been so, so much worse. It definitely put me back on the "bring back the trinity" bandwagon for dungeons at least.

had a few terrible pugs since launch, and most of the time, this usually were groups where people had no clue about what to do and barely even used their auto-attack and moving around without giving a damn about what was going on, occasionaly aggroing some adds or simply not bothering rezing anyone.

while i did try to be patient at first, i just stopped wasting my time when facing such pugs and usually leave by the 15mn mark when that happens.

bads are just bad one may say, no matter how overall easy the game is.

Yes, yes we are. <snip>
    Not sure what to tell ya, honestly. I personally don't find any of the dungeons difficult. Would be at a loss to explain any mechanics of the fights because there seemingly are none.

"This boss does aoe, dodge out of it. If he chases you kite him away..." <- like virtually every fight in the game, imo.

I play Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer and Guardian almost exclusively in melee. Think my Ranger's total deaths is like 38 total since the lifetime of the game. Warrior is like 60 or something last I checked, Guardian like 8.

What I am getting at is that most damage is mitigated by constant movement in GW2. It's just like an Dark Souls-- stick and move, stick and move. If you are not moving you are dead usually.

Will take your word for it that you are well versed and seasoned in twitch / action based gameplay. Could very well be the groups you are running with expect a certain level of familiarity with the dungeons. Ignoring your, "Hi, I'm new" messages. So it can only be the groups if what you say is true.

Sorry you are having an unpleasant experience.

Just finished HotW Story and it was also 'easy' (except for Lani), also with a group of all first timers. So, out of 5 dungeon runs (yes, finally got that damned monthly done) the results were: 2 of the highest level dungeons, all noobs, easy/best runs, 3 of the lowest level dungeons, players w/previous experience (except bf & I), difficult/terrible runs.