Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If you had a lot of gold...

If you had a lot of gold (i.e. 500k +), what would you invest for profit? I.e. are there markets that only ppl with lots of gold can get in and make a decent profit off?

Deleted
    There isnt a niche market that only the "millionaires" can get into really. Unless you are one a VERY high pop realm and can flip TCG loot items. But even that is a risky game to play considering alot of the items are botted and crashed in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TCG items/mounts is indeed probably the only thing that comes to mind. Having gold mostly just means you have a number of professions leveled and (can) have a hand in all the major markets. You won't be stuck for gold buying materials in bulk, or sitting on 10-12 DMC decks waiting to be turned into trinkets at the faire. It's that bulk, and lack of risk to your daily doings that's what's different between someone with a lot of gold and someone without a copper on him, not so much which markets you have available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't invest in anything unless it was the very start of an expansion, or a major patch is coming up. I'd probably splurge on the BMAH.
    Currently Procrastinating

Just wait for corrupted ashbringer, you will be waiting a looooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    If you had a lot of gold (i.e. 500k +), what would you invest for profit? I.e. are there markets that only ppl with lots of gold can get in and make a decent profit off?

500k? that's not much. I have close to that amount now and I still feel broke. I can't buy mounts because if I did i'd have no gold left. Yes, there is a market for people who have the gold on my server. I think a mil would be a better for your question for investing in profit. lvl some alts and do your farms everyday. I'm doing 5 farms a day atm and making bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flipping eng mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made 220k gold in one morning just from buying a "normal" spectral tiger mount for 200k and flipping it for 420k. Still have a Swift Spectral waiting for me whenever I turn my account back on. Buying expensive items and posting them for even more is probably the best thing about having that amount of gold. It's definitely the quickest way to make an enormous amount fast.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Im sitting on 850k gold on Auchindoun and 3 Million on sylvanas. I got some tcg mounts/pets but I'm a Scrooge with my gold. No matter how much I got I refuse to spend it.

Really, once you pass your first goldcap its hard to see yourself under 900k :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Im sitting on 850k gold on Auchindoun and 3 Million on sylvanas. I got some tcg mounts/pets but I'm a Scrooge with my gold. No matter how much I got I refuse to spend it.

I wonder how would such players feel in real life if the internet was switched off permanently, say by some big CME from the Sun .

10+ Year Old Account
    i would employ minions to do my bidding

Deleted
    A lot of people stay rich by not spending it. It also depends on which server you are on becaise its a lot easier to make big amounts depending on the server.
    I tend to buy stock to cover me against fluctuations. If I see cheap stuff I know I will use later then I buy it , even if its 2-4 months down the line.

Deleted
    Yeah, the server can make a massive difference. On a low pop server you can completely control only a few markets with maybe only a single char. Where on larger server, you need to have you hand in many markets to keep the gold coming in if one market spikes or crashes for a while.

Deleted
    I've had 500k gold or more but I just gave a randomly number to friends when they needed. I LOVED to farm and do AH so it was easy for me to gather gold compared to all my lazy friends. Never really had a thing to invest as such but it was fun to buy out stuff and make a new price on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    I've had 500k gold or more but I just gave a randomly number to friends when they needed. I LOVED to farm and do AH so it was easy for me to gather gold compared to all my lazy friends. Never really had a thing to invest as such but it was fun to buy out stuff and make a new price on it.
    Please be my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    500k is rich? I play casually and have amassed a little over 2 million on one server. All the while, I buy all the stupid vanity items I can.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a rather hard time making gold, at least any sizable amount. Have an even harder time keeping it lol. Granted, if I hadn't gotten sucked into 80-85 twinking recently, I'd probably be on my way to gold cap.

I have found though, that in the grand scheme of things, it's not hard making gold. I started a new character on a random server, and just AH'ing almost anything I picked up, I managed to make a little over 50k just from the AH by the time I reached 85 (was back in cata). That's not counting what you make from vendoring crap along the way, quest rewards, instance drops, etc. I made a bank toon to handle all AH transactions, so I could keep track of exactly what I made.

It always boggled my mind that, with 12 or 13 level 90s now, I am perpetually broke when I managed to make that much gold with just ONE character. You'd think I'd be rolling in gold now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post

I am so with you. I bought two Spectral Tigers at the end of last xpac, I felt so broke at (about) 900k.

Though I used to turn almost every crap into gold in Cata, I find it hard to stay rich in MoP. While it was easy to make 5.000+ G day by day, this isn´t the case now. Everything is too cheap and people seem to need less stuff.
    Dailies are almost as efficient with the chance for Motes of Harmony or other rare drops. The "neccessary" stuff in MoP (like crafting the daily cloth, the daily gem, the daily scroll, win 1 bg, do 1 lfr, grind 1 factions daily quests) eats so much time that I rarely visit the auction house at all nowadays.

So, no matter how rich you are - it doesn´t seem to help. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I wonder how would such players feel in real life if the internet was switched off permanently, say by some big CME from the Sun .
    I'm curious about where you think your real money is stored.