Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Before anyone gets too excited, it is still possible to get this on a level 80 with Ulduar iLevel Gear. The Title is also account wide, so it is more likely that they killed it on an 80 Alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Before anyone gets too excited, it is still possible to get this on a level 80 with Ulduar iLevel Gear. The Title is also account wide, so it is more likely that they killed it on an 80 Alt.
    I got it on a 90 toon. So yeah. I don't see the problem tho since you can already get it at 80 like you said. If they remove it from us. Might as well remove it from anyone that got it after wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I got it on a 90 toon. So yeah. I don't see the problem tho since you can already get it at 80 like you said. If they remove it from us. Might as well remove it from anyone that got it after wotlk
    Using an exploit to obtain the achievement is nothing like people doing it legitimately ...

Using an exploit to obtain the achievement is nothing like people doing it legitimately ...

Still. They removed http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4080 (Same idea as heard) but didn't remove this. It could count as a exploit that we're able to still get it.

Legitimately.
    >Using Mastery
    >Using Cata Flasks = +300 main stat, more than like 5 pieces of gear at level 80.
    >Using Cata pots twice in a fight = +2000 main stat for 25 seconds. Which is a ridiculous amount for a level 80.
    >Add on that Herald was a joke of a fight as it was, the hardest part was farming gear.
    >Add on also that you don't have a 1 hour time limit to attempt it in anymore.

As for those saying 6 seconds is tough, it might be like 7-8 seconds, but a group with 10 90s all DPS spec popping CDs with lust should make it easy, my mage did like 100k damage, and this H Pally did the same and the group my mage was in still got it. (Level 85 mage).
    You can't see it on my mage's armory because I did it as a level 80 during Cata, which for reference, was super easy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 06:28 PM ----------

Still. They removed http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4080 (Same idea as heard) but didn't remove this. It could count as a exploit that we're able to still get it.
    That was really only removed because it doesn't function without the attempt system.
    Although on servers that haven't got it, you can still get Grand Crusader title without the attempt system.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Legitimately.
    >Using Mastery
    >Using Cata Flasks = +300 main stat, more than like 5 pieces of gear at level 80.
    >Using Cata pots twice in a fight = +2000 main stat for 25 seconds. Which is a ridiculous amount for a level 80.
    >Add on that Herald was a joke of a fight as it was, the hardest part was farming gear.
    >Add on also that you don't have a 1 hour time limit to attempt it in anymore.

As for those saying 6 seconds is tough, it might be like 7-8 seconds, but a group with 10 90s all DPS spec popping CDs with lust should make it easy, my mage did like 100k damage, and this H Pally did the same and the group my mage was in still got it. (Level 85 mage).
    You can't see it on my mage's armory because I did it as a level 80 during Cata, which for reference, was super easy.[COLOR="red"]
    Herald may still be a joke, but the requirements of the commitment have changed. During current content it was pretty tough, albeit easy enough with a good team. Now, you need to have a level 80 at Ulduar iLevel Gear, which takes some time to get a whole team together to do this. The commitments may have changed, but overall the requirements have not.

Also, listing a series of in-game features as an excuse to exploit an achievement doesn't denounce the fact that this is exactly that, exploiting.

This makes no sense. Blizzard removed that achievement entirely, but left Herald of the Titans in so that people could continue to go back, at level 80 in Ulduar Gear and defeat Algalon. What you've done is bypass the requirements of the achievement, and that is exploiting.

I hope it is removed from your account.

No, it most certainly couldn't. That is an unfathomably stupid suggestion.

There are videos on Twinkinfo.com of 3 level 80's doing Herald, if they were to strip people from this achievement, it should be right back to the pre-Cata patch in late WotLK. I got it then (3.0) and I don't feel like it was earned, anyone who got it since then are kidding themselves saying they earned it, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    hope people who've used this exploit get's their title removed

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    There are videos on Twinkinfo.com of 3 level 80's doing Herald, if they were to strip people from this achievement, it should be right back to the pre-Cata patch in late WotLK. I got it then (3.0) and I don't feel like it was earned, anyone who got it since then are kidding themselves saying they earned it, rofl.
    Your opinion on the matter doesn't make a difference at all. Whether you think people earned it after Wrath is not the problem here, not what the thread is about. Blizzard, with their game made a decision to leave in Heralds of the Titans, fact. Now, bypassing the means of achieving that title and still getting it is using exploits.

If you think Blizzard should've removed it years ago, take that up with them. That isn't the matter here.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha that's an amazing flaw in the achievement system ^^
    I wonder if this is something that's easely fixed
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to put in challenge modes of the old raids... and have that be gettable in there for 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    This only works in US
    Can anyone confirm it did not work for him on EU server ?

The achievement displays the same way on my hunter main in armory, and I got the achievement "legitimately" about a week and a half ago on my 80 rogue. Does anyone have any actual meaningful proof of this working?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    The achievement displays the same way on my hunter main in armory, and I got the achievement "legitimately" about a week and a half ago on my 80 rogue. Does anyone have any actual meaningful proof of this working?

According to the OP and wowprogress, none of the 2 characters linked have a lvl 80 reroll, so I guess i'ts true..

Needs confimation for EU server though :>

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    I'd like them to put in challenge modes of the old raids... and have that be gettable in there for 90s.
    this is a very good idea,
    but they will not, cos that means WORK.

Your opinion on the matter doesn't make a difference at all. Whether you think people earned it after Wrath is not the problem here, not what the thread is about. Blizzard, with their game made a decision to leave in Heralds of the Titans, fact. Now, bypassing the means of achieving that title and still getting it is using exploits.

If you think Blizzard should've removed it years ago, take that up with them. That isn't the matter here.
    Blizzard left a glitchy achievement detection system in the game for years. The fact that people are able to bypass it is Blizzard's fault. If you have any issues, take it up with them.

i would like to know if works on eu aswell

Just attempted it, and it did not work in the US