10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it. It's an acknowledgement of the Leviathan as an ally, and who better for it to control than the already brain dead Collectors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Same here. I don't think I've ever had above 200k at any given point on MP. Plus I mainly play on silver and bronze so the credits come in much more slowly for me than for people who farm gold and platinum.
    I too play mostly on silver and occasionally on gold but silver gives like 34k per match which isn't that much to begin with

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I'm fine with it. It's an acknowledgement of the Leviathan as an ally, and who better for it to control than the already brain dead Collectors?
    You know wht I am asking myself is that it is an Awakened Collector and no Possessed one.

I really din't know what the difference is but we will see in his origins ingame

Deleted
    Anyone can tell ma what Packs I should focus on getting at the moment? I still need some Uncommons and I wanted to try to get all the Items other than the consumables.

If you want to check my Inventory: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/...ve&platform=pc

hope the question is not too noobish or anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Anyone can tell ma what Packs I should focus on getting at the moment? I still need some Uncommons and I wanted to try to get all the Items other than the consumables.

If you want to check my Inventory: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/...ve&platform=pc

hope the question is not too noobish or anything
    I personally prefer Veteran packs for uncommon weapons and other consumables.

Veteran is really your best choice to quickly max your uncommon weapons as one pack only costs 20k

You know what playing ME1 and ME2 again raised some questions I had.

It was never stated how the reapers in ME2 knew about the failure of sovereign. Since in game it was stated they would be trapped in dark space when the signal to summon them failed. So the question is did the reapers that were asleep get alerted by some sort of fail safe? Also if they were that far out in dark space how long do their reserves last. As surely they would have spent most of their energy just getting here as they have to lie dormant for a long period of time 50k years or so to conserve energy in the first place.

To me I would assume that if sovereign was destroyed and he could not send the signal to the other reapers to transport them here then they should have been asleep still and thus unaware of the events that have unfolded. So did sovereign alert the reapers earlier via some communications and then set about discovering why the signal to transport the reapers failed?

Ok so tin foil hat time and some feedback!

Assume for a moment that ME2 and ME3 did not happen like they did.

ME2 is now released it is revealed as far as we know the reaper invasion was stopped as they are now dormant in dark space and trapped there. Unless something can signal them and bring them here.

What would your plot be for mass effect 2/3 ?

Deleted

free gift pack once you installed Reckoning OMG I really like surprises !!

Also it was confirmed that this gift pack does not contain any UR

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Operate the lift, disable gravity? When did Shepard become an expert in controlling the Citadel? If she was able to that in a matter of minutes, don't you think other races (e.g. the Protheans) would have been able to find that same room in the millions of years they lived on the Citadel?
    Shepard doesn't need to be an expert - there's a Console that operates Citadel. I'm sure disabling gravity is in the settings menu.
    And no, other's couldn't do it before, because Shepard is the first to do it. It was the first time Crucible was completed and connected to the Citadel (Catalyst).
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Keeper tunnels of Keepers in the tunnels? I don't think Keepers would help Shepard, they don't even communicate with anyone. As for tunnels, I know nothing about tunnels, if that is what you mean. Either way, I don't think she'd miraculously find those tunnels because she needs them, while all those other races over millions of years did not.
    Tunnels were mentioned in previous games - they are basically the means for keepers to get around Citadel.
    In ME2 we learn that kids use them to play in. Which is dangerous.
    Shepard can kill Keepers if they are in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Shepard still has to do stuff because Shepard is the key to the reaction. Shepard having to do things doesn't make him the Catalyst.
    Shepard has to do something, because something has to be done and Starchild can not do it. Yes being a trigger is not equal to being a Catalyst - you got that right.
    So why would the Star Child being the Citadel require the Star child to do something? The Star child is part of the Citadel just like EDI is part of the Normandy. You can have the engineers have this very debate on board the Normandy if you walk in on their conversation.
    It doesn't that's my point. It is not needed for the whole process.
    And that debate has no right answer. Why are you bringing it up? I gave you an analogy about my PC being Windows 7. Work with it first. Here's another: is human and his home - the same thing? For the sake of argument assume that human can control his home telepathically and he is under home arrest, and his home is a space station. Just like Starchild and Citadel.
    The fact that EDI can be either in Normandy or in Sex Bot should be a clear indicator that she (her I in AI) is neither. She is located in Sickbay of Normandy, physically. Now imagine miniaturization has progressed and EDI can be placed in Sex Bot's Head, entirely. And while this Sex Bot is on the Normandy - EDI can control Normandy as well via special wireless interface - just like she controls Sex Bot on away missions right now. Is she a Sex Bot or Normandy? Both? Neither! She's EDI.
    Just like Starchild is NOT Citadel. It's AI.
    I know your logic is confusing. The Star child can only be the catalyst if he is the one to pull the trigger. But you bring sarcasm when I ask you if Shepard is the catalyst if he pulls the trigger. You can't have it both ways either the Catalyst pulls the trigger or it doesn't.
    My logic is only confusing if you fail at logic. Reverse logic rarely works if at all. Do not do it. It's a fallacy.
    I said that Starchild can only be a Catalyst if it is required to fire the crucible. Being a trigger is not that - anyone can be a trigger. Shepard can be a trigger - he is hardly the Catalyst - Anderson could do it in his stead.
    Starchild is not required to fire Crucible. Therefore it's not the Catalyst. Shepard is not required to fire Crucible. Someone's required to pull the trigger. That's how non-automated weapons are. But Catalyst is required to FINISH the weapon. Not just fire it - but to fire it properly - to complete its purpose. And Citadel is that Catalyst, not Starchild.

The Star Child is an interactive computer program. Just because he doesn't tell you what you want to hear doesn't make him any less of interactive.
    Do you fail logic on purpose? Yes, Starchild is kind of (because it's AI, not just a program, but OK) interactive computer program, but not every interactive computer program is Starchild!
    The problem is not what he says, the problem is his existence as AI, not as interactive computer program. Had it being VI...

It needs the Catalyst to stop the Reaper threat. It doesn't need the catalyst to fire properly. It can work just fine without the Catalyst. The energy it fires just wouldn't be amplified and wouldn't go very far. To say it can only fire properly with the Catalyst is saying that it is broken with out it. You aren't using properly correctly which is where the confusion is occurring.
    Dude, what is the purpose of Crucible? just to fire or to fire in a way that covers the whole Galaxy? That's the context you are missing. The purpose.
    To fulfill the purpose - to fire PROPERLY - Crucible needs Citadel.

No I'm not. I'm saying you aren't using the word properly correctly. If you want to insult yourself by all means go right ahead, but I'm not calling you stupid or implying it.
    Yes you are! Or you fail at words YOURSELF.

Adv. 1. properly - in the right manner; "please do your job properly!"; "if properly used - it will cover the whole galaxy";
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

We can all agree almost everyone hated the starchild. The horrible little bastard ruined that last 10mins of mass effect 3 more than the 3 primary colours did.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You know what playing ME1 and ME2 again raised some questions I had.

It was never stated how the reapers in ME2 knew about the failure of sovereign. Since in game it was stated they would be trapped in dark space when the signal to summon them failed. So the question is did the reapers that were asleep get alerted by some sort of fail safe? Also if they were that far out in dark space how long do their reserves last. As surely they would have spent most of their energy just getting here as they have to lie dormant for a long period of time 50k years or so to conserve energy in the first place.

To me I would assume that if sovereign was destroyed and he could not send the signal to the other reapers to transport them here then they should have been asleep still and thus unaware of the events that have unfolded. So did sovereign alert the reapers earlier via some communications and then set about discovering why the signal to transport the reapers failed?
    I don't think Sovereign's job was to wake up the other Reapers, but to periodically evaluate the organic species of the galaxy to determine when they were suitable for the harvest. Then, when he determined it was time, he was to signal the keepers to open the Citadel relay which would then allow the rest of the Reapers to travel through the relay and begin the cycle.

Though I do think the Reapers were able to stay in communication, as Harby knew an awful lot about Shepard to have never been told about her, I don't think the others would have been stuck in hibernation had Sovereign been destroyed as he was. Sovereign was able to wake itself up every so often to check on the evolution of the galaxy's species, so I have to assume the other Reapers are capable of the same. What they meant by "trapped in dark space" was they would be unable to take the shortcut of the Citadel relay, forcing them to manually travel from Dark Space to the nearest mass relay within the galaxy itself (which we came to know as the Alpha Relay, which Shepard destroyed).

As for the whole storing energy thing, we've seen a Reaper still active after a FAR longer period than 50,000 years. The derelict Reaper still had enough juice to maintain a mass effect field potent enough to keep itself from falling into the star, as well as engage kinetic barriers to trap the squad after what was believed to be at least 37 million years. I doubt 50,000 years would put much of a dent in their power reserves if that was the case.

Deleted
    Already got the Geth Juggernaut (Once), Talon Mercenary (3x), Cabal Vanguard (once) and the Infiltration Unit (once)

The Talon Mercenary was in the free gift pack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Already got the Geth Juggernaut (Once), Talon Mercenary (3x), Cabal Vanguard (once) and the Infiltration Unit (once)

The Talon Mercenary was in the free gift pack.
    And I can't even install it yet. Meanie. QQ

It's rather ironic that Xbox gets the DLC before PC does. You'd think with EA controlling Origin you'd see some efficiency

Unless of course, it's one of those timed console exclusives.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    And I can't even install it yet. Meanie. QQ
    I would love to play but just got to work again I quickly installed it in my lunch break and bought a few packs.

Ah well I am looking forward to test the Juggernaut and hopefully I will unlock the Collector

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It's rather ironic that Xbox gets the DLC before PC does. You'd think with EA controlling Origin you'd see some efficiency

Unless of course, it's one of those timed console exclusives.
    Nope no console exclusive XBOX does update their store independently so BW has no might over the release on xbox and ps3

They only control the PC uploads.

Whatever the reasoning, it's cruel. I guess it's the price we pay for being the far superior gaming platform. *shifty eyes, innocent look*

Deleted
    OMG now I know how I'm gonna roll my Juggernaut

First of all I name him OPTIMUS PRIME then I equip my fancy Geth Pulse Shotgun X (extra dmg with geth weapons and rock him in melee

Hex Shield:
    Spawn a geth energy barrier that blocks all fast-moving projectiles, including bullets.

Rank 1
    6.6 secounds recharge speed.
    Shield strenght is 2000.
    Have a 18 seconds durution.

Rank 2:
    Increase recharge speed by 25%. Landing on 5.52 seconds recharge speed.

Rank 3:
    Increase shield strenght by 20%. Landing on 2400 shields.

Rank 4:
    Pulse: Upon spawning, an electric pulse is emitted that does 400 damage in 3 meters radius.
    or
    Shield Strenght:
    Increase shield strenght by 30%. Landing on 3000 shields.

Rank 5:
    Shock: Enemies passing trough the shield are eletrified, taking 500 damage over 5 seconds. This effect can be detonated.
    or
    Durution: Increase durution by 100%. Landing on a total 36 seconds durution.

Rank 6:
    Damage Synergy: While active, generate additional energy for all your systems to increase damage by 10%.
    or
    Large Shield: Spawn a wider shield and increase shield strenght by 40%. Landing on 3200 shields or a total of 3800 if you took Shield Strenght on rank 4.

Siege Pulse:

Generates 3 electric charges that are stored in your platforms batteries. Use the power again to consume a charge to launch a long-range pulse that blast a massive area. Each shot has a chance of incapacitating unarmored enemies
    Highly effective against armor, shields, and barriers.

Rank 1:
    20 seconds recharge speed.
    600 damage.
    1.5 meters radius.
    35% knockdown chance.
    3 charges.

Rank 2:
    Increase recharge speed by 25%. Landing on 16.55 seconds rescharge speed.

Rank 3:
    Incrase damage by 20%. Landing on 720 damage.

Rank 4:
    Damage: Increase damage by 30%. Landing on 900 damage.
    or
    Radius:
    Increase impact radius by 60%. Landing on a 2.40 meters radius.

Rank 5:

Damage Protection: Each stored charge on your platform reduce all damage taken by 10%
    or
    Recharge Speed: Increase recharge speed by 40%. Landing on 12.97 seconds recharge speed.

Rank 6:
    Number of Shots: Increase the amount of shots fired by 1, and increase the chance of knocing down enemies by 15%. Landing on a total of 4 charges and a 50% chance to knock unarmored enemies down.
    or
    Resistance Damage:
    Increase damage done to armor, shields, and barriers by 60%.

Geth Turret:
    Exactly the same as the geth engineer have. More info on geth turret evolution tree can be found here: goo.gl/N2Xbe

Geth Juggernaut (passive):
    This advanced combat platform fine-tunes powers and weapons.
    More weapon damage.
    More weapon stability and spare ammunition.
    More strenght.

Rank 1:
    5% weapon damage bonus.
    25% weapon stability bonus.
    10% spare ammunation bonus.
    20 weight capacity bonus.

Rank 2:
    Increase weapon damage bonus by 5%. Landing on 10% weapon damage bonus.

Rank 3:
    Increase weapon stability bonus by 5%. Landing on 30% stablility bonus.
    Increase spare ammunition by 5%. Landing on 15% spare ammunition bonus.

Rank 4:
    Weapon Damage: Increase weapon damage bonus by 7.50%. Landing on 17.50% weapon damage bonus.
    or
    Damage & Capacity: Increase power damage and force by 10%.
    Increase weight capacity bonus by 20 points. Landing on 40 weight capacity bonus points.

Rank 5:

Power Damage: Increase power damage and force by 15%.
    or
    Stability & Ammo: Increase weapon stability bonus by 15%. Landing on 45% weapon stability bonus.
    Increase spare ammunition bonus by 15%. Landing on 30% spare ammunition bonus.

Rank 6:
    Weapon Weight: Decrease weight of all weapons by 20%
    or
    Weapon Damage:
    Increase weapon damage bonus by 10%. Landing on a 27.50% weapon damage bonus.
    Increase damage done with geth weapons with 5%.

Hardened Platform:
    Boost health, shields, melee damage, and shield regeneration in additional to upgrading shield draining and advanced squad tactics. Shield upgrade also increase the strenght of your Hex Shield.
    Your heavy melee drains energy from your target, restoring your shields.

Rank 1:
    20% Health & Shield bonus.
    15% Melee damage bonus.
    500 Shields restored per second.

Rank 2:
    Increase health and shield bonuses by 15%. Landing on 35% increased shield & health.
    Increase the shields restored by heavy melee by 15%. Landing on 575 shields restored per second.

Rank 3:
    Increase melee damage by 20%. Landing on 35% increased melee damage.

Rank 4:
    Melee Damage: Increase melee damage bonus by 30%. Landing on 65% increased melee damage.
    or
    Durability:
    Increase health and shield bonus by 20%. Landing on 55% increased shield and health.
    Increase the shields restored by heavy melee melee by 20%. Landing on 675 shields restored per second

Rank 5:
    Speed Boost: Increase movement speed by 15% for 10 seconds after an enemy is killed by a heavy melee.
    or
    Shield Recharge: Decrease shield-recharge delay by 15%.

Rank 6:
    Squad Command: All allies within 4 meters do 10% more damage. This bonus does not affect you.
    Increase melee damage by 30%. Landing on 65% melee damage bonus. (75% if you took melee on rank 4)
    or
    Power Transfer: Increase health and shield bonus by 75%. Landing on 130% increased health & shield bonus. Increase shields restored by heavy melee by 50%. Landing on 925 shields restored per second.
    Decrease all damage done by 15%

I don't think Sovereign's job was to wake up the other Reapers, but to periodically evaluate the organic species of the galaxy to determine when they were suitable for the harvest. Then, when he determined it was time, he was to signal the keepers to open the Citadel relay which would then allow the rest of the Reapers to travel through the relay and begin the cycle.

Though I do think the Reapers were able to stay in communication, as Harby knew an awful lot about Shepard to have never been told about her, I don't think the others would have been stuck in hibernation had Sovereign been destroyed as he was. Sovereign was able to wake itself up every so often to check on the evolution of the galaxy's species, so I have to assume the other Reapers are capable of the same. What they meant by "trapped in dark space" was they would be unable to take the shortcut of the Citadel relay, forcing them to manually travel from Dark Space to the nearest mass relay within the galaxy itself (which we came to know as the Alpha Relay, which Shepard destroyed).

As for the whole storing energy thing, we've seen a Reaper still active after a FAR longer period than 50,000 years. The derelict Reaper still had enough juice to maintain a mass effect field potent enough to keep itself from falling into the star, as well as engage kinetic barriers to trap the squad after what was believed to be at least 37 million years. I doubt 50,000 years would put much of a dent in their power reserves if that was the case.
    Some valid points I will admit.

The thing is to travel from dark space (it took roughly 2.6 years to reach our galaxy as they have been on the move since ME1) with out the relay takes up a lot of energy and they went dormant to conserve on energy. The dead reaper is an anomoly and all of its other functions save its indotrination device and its field were inactive. So it could have been operating on a minimal power draw for some time but its hard to gauge.

The issue here was that he never got to send the signal so how did they know it was time to come? Sovereign must have informed them of his plans prior to the battle.

The only thing im really unsure on is how far out were they. We don't know how fasts the FTL drives on reapers are and it taking them over 2 and a half years to get here when their drives are far superior to any of the races means it must have been VERY far. I think in ME1 it was a bit of a wrong usage of the word "trapped" in dark space as to be trapped would mean to not be able to escape! but its something I can over look

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue here was that he never got to send the signal so how did they know it was time to come? Sovereign must have informed them of his plans prior to the battle.
    When Saren took over the Citadel, I believe that is when Sovereign for the message to the other Reapers. It could have been before that as well. It was never that the Reapers needed the Citadel's Relay to come out of Dark Space, it was that a surprise assault on the central hub of the galaxy would disrupt all species as well as provide all the information they would need to harvest everything. A frontal assault against an organized galactic fleet would cause too many casualties, as evident by the events in ME3.

Some valid points I will admit.

The thing is to travel from dark space (it took roughly 2.6 years to reach our galaxy as they have been on the move since ME1) with out the relay takes up a lot of energy and they went dormant to conserve on energy. The dead reaper is an anomoly and all of its other functions save its indotrination device and its field were inactive. So it could have been operating on a minimal power draw for some time but its hard to gauge.

The only thing im really unsure on is how far out were they. We don't know how fasts the FTL drives on reapers are and it taking them over 2 and a half years to get here when their drives are far superior to any of the races means it must have been VERY far. I think in ME1 it was a bit of a wrong usage of the word "trapped" in dark space as to be trapped would mean to not be able to escape! but its something I can over look
    You're assuming they're totally dependent on the vanguard to know when it's time to harvest. I can't imagine they're completely blind to the goings on in the galaxy or even the amount of time that's passed while they've been out there. That said, I'm sure Sovereign would have been in constant contact with them given their technology, and the fact that Harbinger knew how much of a pest Shepard was. I doubt their only way of knowing it's time would have been the opening of the Citadel relay.

Based on some very rough number crunching I think the Reapers were about 21,900 LY outside of the galaxy. In 2.5 years they'd be able to travel about 27,300LY (this assumes 2.5 years at a constant speed of 30LY/24HR), but when you take into consideration that an extra six months was added on when Shepard destroyed the Alpha relay, and you're looking at more like 21,900LY.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-02-26 at 02:31 PM.

You're assuming they're totally dependent on the vanguard to know when it's time to harvest. I can't imagine they're completely blind to the goings on in the galaxy or even the amount of time that's passed while they've been out there. That said, I'm sure Sovereign would have been in constant contact with them given their technology, and the fact that Harbinger knew how much of a pest Shepard was. I doubt their only way of knowing it's time would have been the opening of the Citadel relay.

Based on some very rough number crunching I think the Reapers were about 21,900 LY. In 2.5 years they'd be able to travel about 27,300LY (this assumes 2.5 years at a constant speed of 30LY/24HR), but when you take into consideration that an extra six months was added on when Shepard destroyed the Alpha relay, and you're looking at more like 21,900LY.
    OFC i am assuming they are dependent on their vangaurd.

There would be _ZERO_ chance of them getting information otherwise unless they left someone behind. Other than sovereign we know they had the collectors. With out these vassal races/vanguards they would have been completely blind to whats going on in the galaxy. I was unsure of their FTL speeds but that looks roughly right on their time taken to get here and distance traveled im sure someone will correct if its wrong!

It was said they were vulnerable in dark space so one would have to assume they would be completely unaware of goings on around them as they would be in sleep mode. The whole reason for them hiding was so they were not found in this state and thus destroyed. As when powered down a reaper is at the mercy of any race with a rail gun. Unless they set their own internal alarm clocks to wake them selves up they would almost certainly wait for outside input. Since they have _never_ failed in their harvests before I would imagine that they would rely completely on their vaguard to alert them of when its time to dust off their ray guns as it were. But ofc they might well have had fail safes in the vent their vanguard fails to contact them.

I would imagine sovereign either contacted them via his own internal communications system much like the normandy 2s very own system can do real time communications regardless of distance. If he didn't then I assume it was when the citadel was on lock down and he managed to send the information on the full situation and wake the other reapers up.

As for a front up assault causing too many casualties, That is not a concern for them. Getting the Citadel on a suprise attack is how ever the main goal as it provides them with information on what worlds are on offer for harvesting you are 100% right on that one. That and cutting off the races using the Citadels access to the mass relay network.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-02-26 at 02:40 PM.

The codex says they're capable of traveling roughly 30LY in a 24 hour period, which is roughly double that of organic ships.

As I said, I'm sure the vanguard and the Reaper armada were in constant or near-constant communication. Would be a shitty vanguard indeed if he couldn't communicate with the rest of his posse. lol Though, I'm still not convinced the vanguard is their only way of knowing when the time to harvest has come. I would think they'd have figured something else out after that many goes of it.