Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    It's actually a new type, one of two being introduced in X & Y. It's a light type.
    I would like to see the source for that, until now it has only been a theory, we have no proof that that's actually going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    It's actually a new type, one of two being introduced in X & Y. It's a light type.
    Let me guess, your dad works for Nintendo?

Deleted
    It's so easy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge stretch here and going off what I saw from the trailer. If X and Y are supposed to be a theme probably based around DNA and so a male/female thing for plot I'm guessing that the two legendaries are of the classification of Creation Power Pokemon.

We have the god of Pokemon universe Arceus who created everything after hatching out of the egg from a previous chaotic universe. Who were the parents? In this case I would like to believe that if we're getting another round of creation stories for this generation then Nintendo could introduce the X and Y legendaries as being the re-created parents of Arceus or the original parents. (Assuming Arceus requires parents) Perhaps the X/Y legendaries are the reason for a sex difference if there is any between certain Pokemon and so they formed each sex to look as they wanted them to look like.

Other things noted about Arceus is that he is every single type currently in the game and if they want to will probably create more type plates for Arceus to hold. We can only catch him (I'll just refer to it as a him) as a normal type but we know that's for balance and how the game data works but that would mean that in reality or how it would actually work is that he is only 1/17th (or how many other type there can be) of full strength. We also know that in the case of the three watchers Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina they can be recreated should a trainer ever catch them so that they can still do their duties to watch over space, time, and anti-matter.

He likely created Mew as a way to hold or to be the common ancestor to all past, current, and future Pokemon. We know Mew can learn every HM and TM in game so that all holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Huge stretch here and going off what I saw from the trailer. If X and Y are supposed to be a theme probably based around DNA and so a male/female thing for plot I'm guessing that the two legendaries are of the classification of Creation Power Pokemon.
    As soon as I saw it was X/Y I thought of DNA as well.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I really hope you're wrong. I can't even reember the last time I saw a female eevee. (I know that 12.5% isn't THAT rare, but I don't have any luck at all when it comes to rng))
    Wait is any random Pokemon's chance to be female 12.5% or is that just for Eevee?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wait is any random Pokemon's chance to be female 12.5% or is that just for Eevee?
    I'm not sure if it applies to a majority (obviously a few exceptions that come to mind) but I thought it was generally true yes. Any random evolution barring obvious exceptions where female is weighted by observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Most are 50/50, but some are special with their gender ratios.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

most pokemon are 50/50 gender ratio. there are some exceptions both ways. eevee is a higher chance of being male and a grotto eevee is actually less than 1% chnce of being female. all starter pokemon except for in yellow are in the catagory of 12% chance of a female. there are very few that have that reversed. the pokemon with a higher female chance that i know of are skitty/delcatty, gothita and its 3 forms and vulpux/ninetails...beleive it or not mr.mime can be female. and unfortunatly there are male gardevoirs in the game.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    most pokemon are 50/50 gender ratio. there are some exceptions both ways. eevee is a higher chance of being male and a grotto eevee is actually less than 1% chnce of being female. all starter pokemon except for in yellow are in the catagory of 12% chance of a female. there are very few that have that reversed. the pokemon with a higher female chance that i know of are skitty/delcatty, gothita and its 3 forms and vulpux/ninetails...beleive it or not mr.mime can be female. and unfortunatly there are male gardevoirs in the game.
    The best one is still Azurill and Marill. 75% of Azurill are female, but Marill has a 50/50 gender ratio, so 1/3 of all Azurills grow a dick when they evolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best one is still Azurill and Marill. 75% of Azurill are female, but Marill has a 50/50 gender ratio, so 1/3 of all Azurills grow a dick when they evolve.
    Lol. It doesn't work like that.

What's more likely is that 75% of all female Azurills die before they evolve. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Lol. It doesn't work like that.
    That's exactly how it works. One third of all female Azurills turn Male when they evolve.

That's exactly how it works. One third of all female Azurills turn Male when they evolve.
    There's a 0% chance that your Pokémon changes gender when evolving, it can't happen. The fact that there's a bigger percentage of meeting a female Azurill than meeting a female Marill in the wild doesn't really mean anything other than female Azurill are probably much easier to catch for a hungry Mightyena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    There's a 0% chance that your Pokémon changes gender when evolving, it can't happen. The fact that there's a bigger percentage of meeting a female Azurill than meeting a female Marill in the wild doesn't really mean anything other than female Azurill are probably much easier to catch for a hungry Mightyena.
    Wrong. The only pokemon fit for consumption (by people and pokemon) is magikarp.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Azurill is currently the only Pokémon which does not evolve based on gender whose gender ratio does not match that of its evolved forms, being female 75% of the time while Marill and Azumarill are female only 50% of the time. Due to this, one of every three female Azurill evolve into a male Marill (whether or not this will happen is determined by the hidden personality value). It is unknown if this is an error in programming or if it was intentional to reference real-world animals that change gender under specific conditions.
    Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Azurill

10+ Year Old Account

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Wrong. The only pokemon fit for consumption (by people and pokemon) is magikarp.
    Basculin sure tastes good according to its very own Pokédex data.

Well, damn, nice one Game Freak.

Deleted
    I only accept Pokemon up to 3rd generation due to nostalgia and art!

OTHERS DON'T EXIST!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I only accept Pokemon up to 3rd generation due to nostalgia and art!

OTHERS DON'T EXIST!
    Translation: "I am a hipster because I only like old things."