Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    god this gearing thing is confusing as hell

finally got my pala to 90 (got gloves of sha at like 88 and said to myself "can't waste that" ^^)
    I enjoy tanking a lot more than I thought I would, tried it when mop came out and the whole thing juts felt clunky and bad, but trying it again like a week ago it finaly clicked

so I got to 90 and like said, the whole gearing thing is strange to say the least, I mostly want to just do some lfr and dungeons, so nothing crazy, my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BDa/advanced

like you see atm I have some weird mish of dps and tanking gear, trying to go for mostly haste
    have about 5k haste now and I think the rotation feels good, doesn't feel slow, should I go for hit/exp more from now on? do I maybe need more HP? done all of LFR and it feelt okay, will at the pull got me down to like 10 or 15%, mostly because I missed a CS and judgement, so I couldn't get my shield up
    hard cap exp? I guess that's close to impossible at this gear level
    In before Firefly says "GID".

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Just follow the stat priority as it's written.

Hit cap > hard exp > haste

Haste comes AFTER getting hit and exp sorted. Get those sorted and then begin getting haste. The haste will not benefit you anywhere near as much without having those caps. A priority is simple, don't over complicate it. Get hit and exp capped and then get haste, don't try and do it all at once.

However, as you're only doing dungeons and LFR I wouldn't bother with 15% exp, I'd only go to 7.5% exp as it's not needed. But still, hit and exp before all else and then get haste, don't try and do both at once because you won't get anywhere fast and you'll confuse yourself and not achieve as much as you could. So start replacing your gems and get hit/exp started and prioritise them, I see you've reforged out of hit into haste - reverse that. First things first.

Edit: If you can't hit those caps cos of your gear being too low then don't give up and get haste, stick with it until you get better gear and make up the last little bit. The whole reason we do the hit/exp thing is so things like your situation on Will doesn't occur as that's the biggest threat we have
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-25 at 06:31 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    What this man said.

Or, 600 haste, 600 hit, 600 expertise seems like a perfectly fine tradeoff for 950 mastery?

@Enosh, replace that Vial of Dragonsblood (burns my eyes) with a Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket found very cheap on the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    However, as you're only doing dungeons and LFR I wouldn't bother with 15% exp, I'd only go to 7.5% exp as it's not needed. But still, hit and exp before all else and then get haste, don't try and do both at once because you won't get anywhere fast and you'll confuse yourself and not achieve as much as you could. So start replacing your gems and get hit/exp started and prioritise them, I see you've reforged out of hit into haste - reverse that. First things first.

Edit: If you can't hit those caps cos of your gear being too low then don't give up and get haste, stick with it until you get better gear and make up the last little bit. The whole reason we do the hit/exp thing is so things like your situation on Will doesn't occur as that's the biggest threat we have
    For someone doing 5 mans and LFR, there is nothing wrong with going haste>hit>exp.
    (not saying it is right either)

The damage output is not really high enough to justify the "If I miss a spell at the wrong time im dead" argument, and haste priority will actually generate more holy power. Hit and exp will add more dps though.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-25 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Need to petition mods to change his name to GhostIronDragonfly33, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Need to petition mods to change his name to GhostIronDragonfly33, IMO.
    Then my avatar wouldn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Then my avatar wouldn't work
    I think we can remedy that with some good, old-fashioned MSPaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I think we can remedy that with some good, old-fashioned MSPaint.

Fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    help
    thanks for that, will do that as soon as I get back online ^^

What this man said.

Or, 600 haste, 600 hit, 600 expertise seems like a perfectly fine tradeoff for 950 mastery?

@Enosh, replace that Vial of Dragonsblood (burns my eyes) with a Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket found very cheap on the auction house.
    funny was wondering that myself, the gid with those sockets is what I used, just got the vial and was wondering if the tradeoff is worth it, guess I got my answer ^^

Fixed?
    I want to rep this SO HARD!!!

Deleted
    thanks for that, will do that as soon as I get back online ^^

funny was wondering that myself, the gid with those sockets is what I used, just got the vial and was wondering if the tradeoff is worth it, guess I got my answer ^^
    You are trading 1800 secondary stats for 950. People stare themselves blind at item levels, if you look at the actual stats it is not the hardest item comparison really.

You are trading 1800 secondary stats for 950. People stare themselves blind at item levels, if you look at the actual stats it is not the hardest item comparison really.
    Don't forget the hidden item level added to all trinkets that aren't Ghost Iron Dragonling, the special passive that stops your combat text filling with Immune every time the raid is topped off <.<

Deleted
    hey, I need some pro addons for pala tank thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dimnes View Post
    hey, I need some pro addons for pala tank thanks
    Tiny Plates: Threat Plates
    Weak Auras or some other debuff/buff tracker
    DBM (duh)
    Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    DBM (duh)
    Omen
    Add a scrolling combat text to that so that the screen isn't full of numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    GIDfly sounds like some kind of insult.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

There are "gadflies", a colloquial name for horse flies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    DBM (duh)
    Omen
    Great picks.

The following are more optional but I also like:
    GTFO - it tells you when you are standing in fire (MoP seems to love randomly putting bad stuff under tanks).
    STA - simple taunt announce; helps distinguish between losing threat naturally and a pug co-tank taunting off you (also detects all those growling pets)
    Absorb bar - shows you how the remaining absorb from sacred shield
    Vengeance status - knowing your vengeance is high can be useful for timing some dps CDs (and taunting Gara'jal as OT to get half the MTs vengeance)
    Recount - I don't look at it during fights, but if you die in a raid, it's useful for understanding why you died
    Pallypower - not really needed now, but still useful for checking everyone has the blessing you are responsible for
    QuickMark - a bar with raid mob markers; useful for quickly putting a skull etc on mobs

Deleted
    I would also set up powerauras or similar to display when your ghost iron dragonling procs.

Jokes aside, other than the addons others mentioned. I would like to add,

I much prefer BW over DBM as a tank, I think the options on what to disable and what to superemphasize (not sure if DBM got similar now, havent used dbm since wrath) makes BW much better to use a tank.

But as others said, some kind of

threatplate
    debuff/buff tracker
    boss mod
    threat meter
    recount/WoL
    scrolling battle text

and you are pretty much good to go. I prefer MSBT as scrolling battle text.

TellMeWhen is a very useful buff/debuff/timer addon that I use for all of my CDs. If you are in a leadership role, Hermes is pretty usefull for raid CD callouts. Tracks time of any raid cds you want. Recount or skada for death logs, healing, dmg etc. Mostly a personal preference thing.

While we're on the subject of addons for prot (which is hopefully not off topic), can anyone recommend a good HP bar addon? Im using stock hp bar right now, but I'd like something a bit chunkier that could maybe change colors as my hp drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    TellMeWhen is a very useful buff/debuff/timer addon that I use for all of my CDs. If you are in a leadership role, Hermes is pretty usefull for raid CD callouts. Tracks time of any raid cds you want. Recount or skada for death logs, healing, dmg etc. Mostly a personal preference thing.

While we're on the subject of addons for prot (which is hopefully not off topic), can anyone recommend a good HP bar addon? Im using stock hp bar right now, but I'd like something a bit chunkier that could maybe change colors as my hp drops.
    You can do pretty much anything with a HP bar using IceHud. Requires a bit of setting up but if you wanna take the time it is great.