Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.
    Don't generalize people who just do LFR and mainly plays the game by themselves. I have done nothing but LFR and I don't see everyone as a robot or not real people and guess what, a lot of people feel this way. Kinda hard for robots or real people to say hi, ask for food buffs and argue with each other and call everyone noobs. Kinda hard for a robots and not real people to get upset at someone who needs on a green. The VERY fact that a person gets booted from a LFR shows that you are dealing with real people. In the end, no matter how much a person views this game as a single player game, they deal with real life people for as long as they are in the game.

So why should you be upset with an ignorant player? Why should you care so much about the act of needing on such an insignificant thing such as a green that you have to go to lengths to boot them from raid?
    What lengths? Clicking a player's name and clicking kick takes a few seconds. Some people care cause they don't want to play in their eyes with a jerk. They don't want to play with a player that takes advantage of others who roll greed cause it is the "right" thing to do. They certainly take advantage of me rolling greed, but I don't feel strongly enough to initiate a vote kick. I feel like it is a greedy move, but whatever.
    Me as a player, acknowledging that there are 24 other people there, CAN STILL SHRUG OFF THIS BEHAVIOR, because guess what, IT IS INSIGNIFICANT. It is petty behavior, that of a child who causes an uproar about silly, trivial things.
    It is the ACT of doing needing on something that has value and a green has a little value. It is the act to some that the person needing is taking advantage of others. To others don't really care if it is a green or not, but they felt cheated out of getting that roll cause they believe that in their mind they did the "right thing" be rolling greed and see someone rolling need. To you, you look at it as insignificant cause of the value of the item, but to a lot of people, it isn't about the value per say but the act itself.

This is not real life, no matter how much you want it to be. No matter how much you want to escape from real life, and pretend that a game is your new life.. Reality check: its not. Treat the game like a game. Treat it what it is, and dont let the actions of other random people on the internet affect you in such a way to destroy your fun for the night.
    True, but it doesn't give you a green light to be a jerk. Would you be really ok with a person who needs a trinket they obviously don't need and isn't a enchanter over a player who is freshly a 90 who obviously needs it? Would you be ok with a person for the entire expansion ganks the same single player for almost hours on end on a pvp realm essentially making it almost impossible to do anything? It is within the rules of the game. You think it is ok if a person tricks another by selling a item "cheaply" on trade compared to AH, only to find out that the person who listed the item in AH is the same person as in trade? I believe there isn't a rule against that. Basically to you, it is ok to be a jerk in game as long as it is within the rules as long as that jerk is having fun at other peoples' expense right? Let me guess you are gonna say those people should grow up right? Do you advocate being a jerk IRL as long as it is not breaking the law? In the end, most of the avatars you see have people behind them and that peoples' actions within the game can affect them, why because we're human. There was a reason why there were black lists back in the day before LFD.

Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.
    No, not that isn't how it is like. People who boot others for needing is like people getting upset that is it generally assumed everyone will walk for ice cream instead of run to it. That someone ran for ice cream, beat them to it, and took all the ice cream cause there isn't any rules against running. Those people got upset that the runner broke a unwritten rule. Is it those peoples' fault for having that unwritten rule in mind, yea, but then again it is kind of a unwritten rule in life to try not to be a jerk, how stupid of them to carry a such a rule into the game, every man for themselves right?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-02-25 at 11:31 PM.

In honor of this thread, I'm going to start just voting to kick anyone I see needing a green or lockbox. I won't say anything in chat, just vote to kick. Would be awesome if the community got to the point where green-needers were kicked without anyone saying anything.

Man, there are some greedy people here lol. Its a green, who cares. I dont even pay attention to any of the loot that goes about. Gold is over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.

Actually it's more like knocking the ice cream cone out of the hand of the little twat who flicked dirt in yours. I'll gladly vote kick someone who's needing on greens. It's not a big deal but it's certainly an asshole move and why should I put up with an asshole when potentially dealing with them is as easy as a right and a left click?

Also can you avoid using the cop out argument "it's a game"? Speaking of people acting like a child it really is the lowest level of argumentative form when discussing anything in a game. Fact is yes it's just a game, but monopoly isn't fun either if some asshole keeps flicking your pieces across the room and stealing your money when you get up to go to the bathroom. I do find it funny that while yes the act is insignificant you're still trying to justify it.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

we booted someone during the love boss for needing on a tigerseye.

I will boot you for needing on a green. Why??? because you're a scrub. that is all

Who cares it's LFR

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    In honor of this thread, I'm going to start just voting to kick anyone I see needing a green or lockbox. I won't say anything in chat, just vote to kick. Would be awesome if the community got to the point where green-needers were kicked without anyone saying anything.
    You can roll need on a lockbox too, so why kick people for needing on it? You've just as much opportunity to win it as they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    People needing on greens could just be needing for d/e, taking away the actual d/e rolls other players make.

Quote Originally Posted by Petur View Post
    Man, there are some greedy people here lol. Its a green, who cares. I dont even pay attention to any of the loot that goes about. Gold is over rated.
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. How can people be greedy when they roll greed instead of need? I never understood how people think like this.

You've been crying louder than anyone else on this thread.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow just to see how many more posts you've made on this topic than you think is extremely trivial.
    Actually he is "crying" a lot like the OP in this thread who has been suddenly very much absent... and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You can roll need on a lockbox too, so why kick people for needing on it? You've just as much opportunity to win it as they do.
    From now on, I'm going to pass on all greens/lockboxes in LFR as well. It's not about the gold you could get from the item, it's about encouraging the community to act like a community again and punish douchebag behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. How can people be greedy when they roll greed instead of need? I never understood how people think like this.
    I say that because someone hits need, and the people freak out and kick him. If they werent greedy, that wouldnt have bothered them in the least. For all they know it was a mistake, but they get their panties in a bunch and go right for the kick. Everyone thinks differently, fella.

The right thing to do is click greed on an item you don't need be it a lock box or a green. There shouldn't be a single person in an LFR that Needs a green, and nobody Needs a lockbox.
    I have vote kicked people for needing on them both, and my thinking is that if you Need on this item you are being a greedy bastard and screwing all the people that tried to do the right thing because you are selfish.
    This is something Blizz should look at and remove the Need option from LFR because it just causes drama.

If that drastic of an action is whats needed to teach people that selfish actions are not going to be tolerated, fine. Some idiot needed a blue BoE staff in a LFR last night. He wasn't kicked, but I'd have said yes just to try to get the point across to him.

I have to wonder if the "YOU ARE NEEDING. THIS ITEM IS NOW SOULBOUND." warning meant anything to him. On the AH, that was a 2k+ staff. Vendor? About 50g. So, was the 50g that big if a deal? Guess so.

i agree with the kicking. saw one dude need on the 450 ilvl lvl 85 blue mace.. this mace alone on some servers is worth 15,000g on the ah.. he screwed himself and our party outta it with his greedy attitude... to npc it for 35g.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i agree with the kicking. saw one dude need on the 450 ilvl lvl 85 blue mace.. this mace alone on some servers is worth 15,000g on the ah.. he screwed himself and our party outta it with his greedy attitude... to npc it for 35g.
    Guess that guaranteed 35 gold was worth more than a 20% shot at 15000 gold. Someone must be an absolutely lousy gambler.

I've seen a couple world drop epics drop in LFR already, and of course someone always needs it. I always try to check to see if they actually went to someone who NEEDED it, and so far they have, at least.

I don't make a fuss over it generally, but when I see someone needing greens, I just quietly hit the vote to kick button and if enough people agree with me, they're gone. If not, oh well.

If people wouldn't put up with rotten behavior, including being a dick in 5-mans and needing on the boss blues just because they can, even though they have better, maybe less people would do it. If being an asshole always equaled getting kicked, maybe they'd act better. I don't care if you're the tank, healer, or the #1 l33t dps, don't be a dick. I don't mind giving up a couple minutes of my time.

Heh, that reminds me of a dungeon run I had a couple months ago though. Some world epic dropped, a ring or something. Healer hadn't chosen yet, tank is yelling at him, "DON'T BE BAD, GREED" and just spamming it and saying some other things. Healer rolled greed, even though it was an upgrade for him, and lost. Went to one of the other dps. As we're clearing to the next boss, they start arguing. It's getting pretty heated. Someone called someone else a baby or some such. I even said something at this point, something like, "I think both of you should grow up." The fight continued. At this point I voted to kick the tank, he seemed to be the one acting the "worst", with the cursing and slurs. Besides, he was so busy arguing with the healer that he wasn't doing a good job at tanking at this point either. He ends up getting kicked. The two other DPS leave shortly after. Seems they were BOTH guildies of his. They didn't even look to see who they were kicking and kicked their own guild member that they queued with. (Which also explains why he was so adamant the healer roll greed, with the three of them there they effectively had triple the odds of getting that world epic.) The healer apologized afterwards and said the guy was whispering him as well as the stuff being said in /party chat. In pops a new tank and 2 new dps, clear the rest of the place without incident. Asshole gets kicked, we get a good laugh at his guildmates stupidity. Too bad they got that world drop though.

Everyone is so damn impatient nowadays though, they'd rather deal with people acting like asshats than lose a whole sixty seconds waiting for a replacement.
    Last edited by ihateyouall; 2013-02-27 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    I don't make a fuss over it generally, but when I see someone needing greens, I just quietly hit the vote to kick button and if enough people agree with me, they're gone. If not, oh well.

If people wouldn't put up with rotten behavior, including being a dick in 5-mans and needing on the boss blues just because they can, even though they have better, maybe less people would do it. If being an asshole always equaled getting kicked, maybe they'd act better. I don't care if you're the tank, healer, or the #1 l33t dps, don't be a dick. I don't mind giving up a couple minutes of my time.

Heh, that reminds me of a dungeon run I had a couple months ago though. Some world epic dropped, a ring or something. Healer hadn't chosen yet, tank is yelling at him, "DON'T BE BAD, GREED" and just spamming it and saying some other things. Healer rolled greed, even though it was an upgrade for him, and lost. Went to one of the other dps. As we're clearing to the next boss, they start arguing. It's getting pretty heated. Someone called someone else a baby or some such. I even said something at this point, something like, "I think both of you should grow up." The fight continued. At this point I voted to kick the tank, he seemed to be the one acting the "worst", with the cursing and slurs. Besides, he was so busy arguing with the healer that he wasn't doing a good job at tanking at this point either. He ends up getting kicked. The two other DPS leave shortly after. Seems they were BOTH guildies of his. They didn't even look to see who they were kicking and kicked their own guild member that they queued with. (Which also explains why he was so adamant the healer roll greed, with the three of them there they effectively had triple the odds of getting that world epic.) The healer apologized afterwards and said the guy was whispering him as well as the stuff being said in /party chat. In pops a new tank and 2 new dps, clear the rest of the place without incident. Asshole gets kicked, we get a good laugh at his guildmates stupidity. Too bad they got that world drop though.

Everyone is so damn impatient nowadays though, they'd rather deal with people acting like asshats than lose a whole sixty seconds waiting for a replacement.
    So you quietly are a dick to the person right back by acting in such manner?

This is the behavior that I dont understand from people. What does it hurt you that you didnt get a lousy 25g? (at best) Why flame and troll a person just because they happened to use the game mechanics to their advantage when you could have very well done the same?

I guess I would just be the bigger man in that situation and shrug it off my shoulders.. Seems there are a whooooooooole lot of whiny babies out there that will go to any extreme if they dont get their way (by vote kicking other players trying to play and have fun themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by Petur View Post
    I say that because someone hits need, and the people freak out and kick him. If they werent greedy, that wouldnt have bothered them in the least. For all they know it was a mistake, but they get their panties in a bunch and go right for the kick. Everyone thinks differently, fella.
    If they were truly greedy they would just press need. How can someone be greedy and always hit greed? Could it simply be they weren't greedy, but didn't like the fact they were taken advantage of?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-02-27 at 12:07 PM.

From now on, I'm going to pass on all greens/lockboxes in LFR as well. It's not about the gold you could get from the item, it's about encouraging the community to act like a community again and punish douchebag behavior.
    But your complaint is completely invalid considering everyone in the raid can roll need for a lockbox. In this context, there's no such thing as being greedy because everyone has the same opportunity to win it. To me, it seems you're just upset because you rolled greed instead, naively assuming no one would roll need for it.