Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    And so I have an advantage of multidotting which SP's are really good at.
    Pretty sure of the multi dotters we are the weakest, this may be changing in 5.2, but as of now I'm pretty sure we get out cleaved
    Sig by Safhira

eventhough we have an advantage of multidotting compared to the classes that can't, we are still worse than other multidot specs. (i'm talking about live atm)

and our st damage sucks as well.

personally, i waited patiently up until some point, and then i saw how clueless the devs are.

calling it "crying like babies" after all the reasonable math and theorycrafting that has been done in multiple threads is actually the same attitude of ignorance that GC has.

I'm not really worried about our multidotting capabilities, we got 4.1% buff on our dots, we get an usefull Set bonus compared to the really weak T14 one, and affli lock got nerfed by 3.5% on their dots so it will be pretty close (at least we're not gonna be sat on thoses fights).

What I fear is that our blatant weakness stay the same, we are good when we can get 60%+ uptime on Twist of Fate, we are meh when we can't, and I really don't like our performances being tied to a single talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    I'm not really worried about our multidotting capabilities, we got 4.1% buff on our dots, we get an usefull Set bonus compared to the really weak T14 one, and affli lock got nerfed by 3.5% on their dots so it will be pretty close (at least we're not gonna be sat on thoses fights).

What I fear is that our blatant weakness stay the same, we are good when we can get 60%+ uptime on Twist of Fate, we are meh when we can't, and I really don't like our performances being tied to a single talent.

The set bonuses are garbage because the have yet to actually fix shadowy apparations to be a useful mechanic in 5.2. Right now they are as useless and broken as they are on live.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    The set bonuses are garbage because the have yet to actually fix shadowy apparations to be a useful mechanic in 5.2. Right now they are as useless and broken as they are on live.
    Raise your hand if you think they will fix SAs by the 5th! Or the 12th, cause it's likely to be pushed back.

Speaking of shadowy apps, forgive the noob question but can someone explain the way they work with logs?

I have noticed that the damage from SA does not show up on recount, world of logs, whatever else. Is the damage still somehow being counted or is it not considered at all?

Deleted
    afaik its counted as pet damage? Might be wrong tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    shows up on skada
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    "Psyfiend belonging to an individual Priest will no longer cast Psychic Horror on the same target twice." This makes me so sad. =(

By the way, has anyone tryed the new insanity in 1v1 (from Shadow poin of view)?

Quote Originally Posted by Harukaa View Post
    "Psyfiend belonging to an individual Priest will no longer cast Psychic Horror on the same target twice." This makes me so sad. =(

By the way, has anyone tryed the new insanity in 1v1 (from Shadow poin of view)?

double psyfiend fears were strong BUT this change isnt so bad if psyfiend doesnt go afk after 1 fear...

i.e. currently he spams fear on 1 target mostly. but sometimes does nothing...

with the new change if he casts 1 fear then goes afk till de spawn ima be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    afaik its counted as pet damage? Might be wrong tho.
    And..youre not. SAs are accounted in ur total damage, but u need to set your recount to show pet damage separately to know how much they do.

Someone on HowToPriest asked if I could put together a Haste Breakpoint Chart for the T14 4P bonus. Thus, here it is (sans LMG):

Full original blog post.

I didn't include the LMG because if you've got that, you probably aren't running around inside raids with the T14 4P equipped.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tested the new Power Word: Solace on the PTR as Holy. It's actually very nice, and will be a particularly interesting choice for PvP and possibly some damage modifier PvE fights. I did a video of it here: http://youtu.be/ZwjN6gvGQsg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Tested the new Power Word: Solace on the PTR as Holy. It's actually very nice, and will be a particularly interesting choice for PvP
    I'm curious, what did you expect to find? The mechanics are well known and are no great mystery.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Holy mastery procs on each tick of the DoT was not published or well-known. Whether that interests you or not makes no difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    The fact that Holy mastery procs on each tick of the DoT was not published or well-known. Whether that interests you or not makes no difference to me.
    Fair enough. I had visions of a dude dropping acorns from a tree, and watching them fall with a smug look, saying: It is as I predicted...

5.2 just puts me in a terrible, terrible mood. Also, it's probably a bug, but a trivial one.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-02-27 at 06:21 AM.

I wouldn't be so sure, Venaliter. Atonement heals, whether single burst, or DoT from Holy Fire, were each triggered as a single instance heal, they could find new targets on each tick, and each tick applied Yor'sahj's ugly "DO NOT HEAL" debuff.

I wouldn't put it off as a bug, considering that Solace is built off of Holy Fire, and it was already intended to use this functionality.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Just to clarify if im missing something.
    After everything they did
    -PW:I(1orbs DP)
    -DP doing more dot dmg less burst
    -Mindblast getting buffed (with DP change would have helped with the high pvp burst)
    -10% on PI
    -5% Shadowform

They only thing Shadows get is the 5% plus dmg, which is a 4% dmg increase cause it doesnt affect mindbender/fiend. And they reverted the rest and only a 5% dmg buff while PI is active.
    I thought with most of the changes SP was in good place even after the PW:I fix. But now you get only get a 4% buff plus a set bonus with a mechanic that is not reliable and you may actually lose dps cause the SA hits the mob doenst increase VT and it drops or you refresh and see SA refreshing the dot the same second. Then they nerfed movement cause the glyph of mindspike is gone, if you have that 100%crit trinket you cant spam SW:P if you have a 100% crit SWP on the target and now due to less SP sclaing on MB than before DI looses a bit too, and if you have the trinked you only get 100% crit on dots for 1 normal duration and then crit resets to normal on dots while druids can have lucky rng and affl wl can have two dots with 100% crit for the whole fight.

So instead of buffing the class they nerfed:
    -movement
    -a trinket which would have seperated good and bad sps
    -MB SP scaling.

IF you change to troll you will can raid 8/12 bosses cause of they racial the rest you have to wait till your guild has everything on farm
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-02-27 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    So instead of buffing the class they nerfed:
    -movement
    -a trinket which would have seperated good and bad sps
    -MB SP scaling.
    Those are the pve-nerfs. They also nerfed pvp ALOT by gimping heals, making dispersion unusable while locked from shadow school,
    Phantasm no longer makes you untargetable and the psyfiend wont fear the same target twice.

I think their goal is to effectivelly remove shadow priest from both pve and pvp. Perhaps they will succeed. Lets see

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Those are the pve-nerfs. They also nerfed pvp ALOT by gimping heals, making dispersion unusable while locked from shadow school,
    Phantasm no longer makes you untargetable and the psyfiend wont fear the same target twice.

I think their goal is to effectivelly remove shadow priest from both pve and pvp. Perhaps they will succeed. Lets see
    lol. Gc's recent explanation about ww monks sub rogues and enhance shamans give me a clue actually.. Shadow priests might be doomed to suck because they are easy to play.