Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm fairly new to playing MMOs and PC games in general. My gaming career has mainly been on the Playstation/Xbox/other consoles. So, just yesterday I decided to switch things up on GW2 and change from keyboard/mouse to 360 controller. I did my own custom map using Xpadder and I gotta say it actually plays pretty well. I was thinking it'd be awkward or hard to get everything I needed on it but its not bad. I have a few minor things I want to work on but once I get all that done I'll make a video as well and release my map that I use. Keep in mind that I was primarily used to playing FPS games on Xbox so the experience with that shows a bit on my map. I'll explain better once I create a video for it.

Deleted
    thnx for the link fencer.

will try this out later when i have free time. and a working controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    thnx for the link fencer.

will try this out later when i have free time. and a working controller.
    Dont give fencers any of the credit! Have you guys missed me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Dont give fencers any of the credit! Have you guys missed me?
    nah im giving her credit bcoz apparantly i was too lazy to search and she still helped me to this thread.
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2012-12-01 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah im giving her credit bcoz apparantly i was too lazy to search and she still helped me to this thread.
    Ahhh I see, okay lol well thanks to fencers then Get on it, using a controller with this game is incredibly comfortable.

Deleted
    tried it now. thnx for the video and profile. i had to change it a bit to suit myself but was very good (ground targetting a bit of a pain to get used to at first). except for mayb the camera speed.

anyway to increase it?

Deleted
    This is pc game if you want controller go play idiotic consoles games on xbox or ps3. PC is for mouse and keyboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    This is pc game if you want controller go play idiotic consoles games on xbox or ps3. PC is for mouse and keyboard.
    actually pc can have whatever input it can use, if u limit urself to mouse and keyboard then ur living in the dark ages.

might aswell not use stuff like microphone and whatnot aswell.

Deleted
    actually pc can have whatever input it can use, if u limit urself to mouse and keyboard then ur living in the dark ages.

might aswell not use stuff like microphone and whatnot aswell.
    Lol i was using joystick for flying games , wheel and pedals for racer games, microphone for multiplayer and co-op games in 90's but the reason i am against controller that it is for consoles so i say let it stay there and rot let it burn with the consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Lol i was using joystick for flying games , wheel and pedals for racer games, microphone for multiplayer and co-op games in 90's but the reason i am against controller that it is for consoles so i say let it stay there and rot let it burn with the consoles.
    Both your comments are undeserved of any response, its just an input device. Noone cares about your personal dislike of consoles.
    Exactly! -- <3 Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-05 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Ok first things first, I don't give a fuck how viable -anyone- thinks using a controller is nor how much better you can perform without one.

Now that that has been said, what would I need to download and do to run GW2 using a PS3 controller? And also would I be able to use that combat mode with it as well?

Thanks.
    Im going to have to investigate that now..I assume it works very similarly and shouldnt be an issue but I guess il have to trial it.

Xpadder / Game Pads: Combat Mode is the perfect solution for people who use gamepads. Simply select a button to be your Combat Mode "Toggle" key and away you go.
    From the official reddit post. Afaik the toggle key is tab by default so just find a key on xpadder to assign tab too.

Edit: Okay its installed and running, it realyl makes a big difference plays much nicer, im going to fine tune my x padder profile then re upload it.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-27 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to have to investigate that now..I assume it works very similarly and shouldnt be an issue but I guess il have to trial it.

From the official reddit post. Afaik the toggle key is tab by default so just find a key on xpadder to assign tab too.

Edit: Okay its installed and running, it realyl makes a big difference plays much nicer, im going to fine tune my x padder profile then re upload it.
    Would you mind editing the main post to include a link to the reddit post? I'd love to try this out!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It says removed =(
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

It's cause they use the viewhack which isn't tolerated by GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It says removed =(
    You were too slow. Should have shown up hours ago.

Diligence.