When it comes to the H220, it falling behind that drastically speaks quite a few things to me, mostly that TTL might've screwed up mounting it and need to do that again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Does that not fuck with the balance of the blades?

You are a noob :P This shop has a few at stock https://www.4launch.nl/shop/product/...p/hardwareinfo
    Do not order from that site, worst customer service ever.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    If you don't fuck it up, then no. There are some measures of caution, but I'd generally be wary of it of course. I'd probably sooner just buy different fans, or get the black versions and plan around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    When it comes to the H220, it falling behind that drastically speaks quite a few things to me, mostly that TTL might've screwed up mounting it and need to do that again...
    He said he re-mounted it three times and got results within half a degree. That's well within the margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    He said he re-mounted it three times and got results within half a degree. That's well within the margin of error.
    Could've been an issue with his unit though, I know there has been a few reviews that hasn't been as impressive as what was first thought but I think most of them still have better numbers than TTL got.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Alrighty. I missed that part, somehow. I heard him say a lot of funny things, but not that part.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Could've been an issue with his unit though, I know there has been a few reviews that hasn't been as impressive as what was first thought but I think most of them still have better numbers than TTL got.
    You'd think that companies would pay extra attention to the units they send out to reviewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    honestly i don't really think it would, as long as you know how to paint, computer fans don't really spin fast enough nor are they heavy enough to suffer from balance issues from paint, i imagine that there is more variance in production than you would get from paint, if this was like the turbo in my car that can go up to 120k rpm, i'd be more worried

The tips of the blades of a 120mm fan at 1000rpm are only spinning at ~20 kph (14 mph). That isn't particularly fast at all, really. Any imperfections would probably be cancelled out by a gyroscopic effect. Any noise-dampening surface texturing that is covered by the paint would, however, possibly increase the noise level or marginally reduce the efficiency of the fan.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-26 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    saw this on reddit:

Battering Ram

You'd think that companies would pay extra attention to the units they send out to reviewers.
    USPS & UPS don't.

TTL reviewed it really bad. All the time whining about the length of the hoses and the noisy pump. Martin is just so much a better reviewer and he doesn't have anything else than to mention positive comments. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01/...cooling-kit/8/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    TTL reviewed it really bad. All the time whining about the length of the hoses and the noisy pump. Martin is just so much a better reviewer and he doesn't have anything else than to mention positive comments. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01/...cooling-kit/8/
    If he is mentioning all positive, then that could be a downfall too. TTL caters to the very nit-picky crowd, and that is why I like him so much. He'll go down to the most minute details that 99.9% of the rest of reviewers just skim right over.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Actually talking about the hoselength and the pump-noise is very relevant when you're dropping more than the price of an H100 on something that appears to perform worse.

The nail in the coffin, ie the price, could have been strongly alleviated by the product being fantastic for expansion, fantastic to mount, fantastic sound level and fantastic fans. However, it largely doesn't deliver all that well from what I see.

Did TTL ever try adding more parts to the loop? I think I just remember him shrugging it off as pointless or something.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Actually talking about the hoselength and the pump-noise is very relevant when you're dropping more than the price of an H100 on something that appears to perform worse.

The nail in the coffin, ie the price, could have been strongly alleviated by the product being fantastic for expansion, fantastic to mount, fantastic sound level and fantastic fans. However, it largely doesn't deliver all that well from what I see.
    http://youtu.be/aPfLKkyIJOI?t=13m41s

"Accurate pricing has come now 106pond blabla I'm giving it now a gold award" -_-

You're right about the hose lengths etc but most people buying this unit would mod the pump for better looks & different tubes or attach an additional rad. Noisy pump, I didn't hear anything. Have the H100i atm and the pump I can hear it from 2-3 meters..

Lately found this interesting video to remove the fps cap, really worth it to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Yiqib9I#at=522

http://youtu.be/aPfLKkyIJOI?t=13m41s

"Accurate pricing has come now 106pond blabla I'm giving it now a gold award" -_-
    Goodie. That solves a lot of things.

Goodie. That solves a lot of things.
    Don't you have the feeling the pump looks better without the cover? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, that does look pretty slick.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I RMA'd my Corsair H100 and asked if i could get the H100i back instead of a regular H100. I'd ofc pay some extra to match the price of a H100i, but this way i would've have to buy a 100i. Today i got my package from corsair back and it contained a H100i. Seems like corsair approved my request I just hope this wont have noise issues that i've heard other people have had. Got two NF-F12 from noctua that'll run the thing in a pull configuration.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ