Poll: Does Throne of Thunder look great or just another lame raid?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Post Does Throne of Thunder look great or just another lame raid? Poll it!

As the title indicates, does throne of thunder look like a great raid or will it just be another lame raid like Dragon soul.? Personally, i like trolls..but i hope they dont over do it.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2013-02-27 at 03:36 PM.

That's really just opinion.

You also missed out on... like... actually making a poll.

Fight design looks great though, as does the dungeon itself. Quite glad the whole instance isn't just trolls, particularly excited about the Halls of Flesh Shaping wing of the instance personally.

But I suspect you're looking for a specific answer in this, and mine's not it.

Deleted
    Poll added.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The entire patch looks awesome-sauce.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The entire patch looks awesome-sauce.
    Especially the raid. And the Lei Shen encounter beats just every single fight that is now in WoW

Deleted
    how does ptr version look? i dont do ptr

Shaping up to be a contender with ICC and Ulduar in terms of epic-ness.
    Trash (and enough of it) that is interesting and not a "fall over" pointless boring shit filled hallway between bosses.
    Bosses with alot of new mechanics (or atleast new combinations of the old standard mechanics)
    Great new raid and boss designs, only boss that looks simmilar to others are the heroic only one and he's a Titan so that makes sense.
    Gear looks amazing and while the sheer ammount of gear available is going to make it a complete pain in the ass to get best in slot it makes you able to get damn near perfect item combinations.

Bad things?
    Well on PTR some boss mechanics are extremely punishing if you fail them, think spirit kings x10.
    There's a clear disadvantage to be melee or bring melee to your raids except on maybe 3 bosses. DKs are better because of their sick strong aoe as frost.
    Drop balance, there's simply too much gear around which clearly is going to make 10man suffer more than 25man but still.. the heroic only boss has 25+ items that ONLY he can drop. Then there's the weapon drops issue.
    Agi 1handers (dps): 5
    Agi 2handers (dps + tank): 2
    Ranged (agi): 3
    Str 1h (tank + dps): 4
    Str 2h (tank + dps): 2
    Int 1handers (heal + dps): 6 (includes 1 fist and 1 wand) - There's 5 offhands to go with 1handed, 2 spirit shields and 3 offhand int items
    Int 2handers (heal + dps): 3 (all staves)

If you look some casters will have 6-7 different options of weapons next tier, making it insanely easy to get caster weapon upgrades.
    Let's count caster + healer classes! Paladins, Shamans, Priests, Warlocks, Mages, Monks and Druids, 7 classes / 5 healers + 5 dps specs. 10 different specs that want 9 different weapons. That basicly means blizzard went full retard and made a item specific for every single fucking spec since healers are gonna go for the 3 weapons with spirit on them. WHAT THE FUCK!
    As Ret, arms or TG warrior you have 2 options, same with DK tanks and 2h dks.
    tanking and melee dps druids and monk tanks share 2 weapon choices.
    Hunters have 3 choices, THREE.

Feels stupid that 2/3 of all the bosses next tier is gonna drop a caster wep of some kind, some even drop 2 caster weps... so stupid I don't know where to begin..
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-02-27 at 04:08 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It's absolutely not at all comparable to Dragon Soul; the fact that it's almost double the number of bosses, a far bigger instance, is actually all new zones and mostly new boss models puts it in a completely different category.

Was compared to Ulduar but contains trolls. I do not like trolls. Thus I'm not really interested, even though to me Ulduar was the best raid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    It's absolutely not at all comparable to Dragon Soul; the fact that it's almost double the number of bosses, a far bigger instance, is actually all new zones and mostly new boss models puts it in a completely different category.
    it's actually only got 5 more bosses, one of them is heroic only.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Was compared to Ulduar but contains trolls. I do not like trolls. Thus I'm not really interested, even though to me Ulduar was the best raid so far.
    There's more to it than just trolls. And if you don't like trolls, this raid should be amazing to you, because you get to slaughter trolls. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    IF there is not a troll dungeon and/or raid then its not an expansion. Also how was DS lame. As some one who never got to do DS? I really wan't too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I voted based off my initial impressions. It's hard to know before it has gone live and you've not invested time in it yet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    IF there is not a troll dungeon and/or raid then its not an expansion. Also how was DS lame. As some one who never got to do DS? I really wan't too.
    From personal experience, the boss mechanics were lame, the bosses themselves were lame, the RP was disgusting as well as the voice acting, the raid was too short and DW was an incredibly disappointing final boss.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-27 at 04:20 PM.

I've deliberately kept away from most of the videos, notes and updates. I did a lot on the MoP Beta and while I've still enjoyed a lot of what this expansion has to offer, it has somewhat ruined that new and exciting feeling.

If what others are saying, including Blizzard, about this being the new Ulduar Tier, then I want as much of it as possible to be exciting, new and a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    And if you don't like trolls, this raid should be amazing to you, because you get to slaughter trolls. :P
    That IS a fair point. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    it's actually only got 5 more bosses, one of them is heroic only.
    Right, I had Firelands boss count in my head for some reason. Still, a good amount more bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    The instance and most of the bosses are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    There's like 3 troll bosses.

Anyway, I think it looks great. Time will tell, of course...

It depends

Several bosses are just random beasties and while a few names can be recognized (Frost King Malakk, Mar'li, Jinrohk) it lacks a bit of notoriety.

I'm hoping for some characterful minibosses in the trash like that Val'kyr in ICC...but havent heard of any so prolly not....so it sounds a bit meh