10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the 49ers sending usurped former starters to Kansas City is tradition
    Yeah, but future hall-of-famer versus Alex Smith. I just like the fact that not a few days before, they were all "nope, we're not getting rid of him. Stop asking".

Maybe Jerry Jones should read this. Paints a good picture of when he went wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could it be that, expecting his looming end, Al Davis started channeling his soul into Jerry Jones at some point and is now actually inhabiting his soul in a futile attempt to keep being in charge of a football team and making crappy decisions beyond his naturel life span? My guess is if this is so he's probably even right now looking to start moving his soul on to a new place, cause Jerry is getting on in years too. Let's just watch out for owners that suddenly start spending their draftpicks on speedy guys taken way above their draft value

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, but future hall-of-famer versus Alex Smith. I just like the fact that not a few days before, they were all "nope, we're not getting rid of him. Stop asking".
    neither of them lost a Superbowl, they've got that in common

Brady signed an extension for 3 years / 9 mill

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...cording-source

Most selfless contract ever? Dude halved his own salary when he could have legitimately asked for a raise.

10+ Year Old Account
    neither of them lost a Superbowl, they've got that in common
    Zing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post

Most selfless contract ever? Dude halved his own salary when he could have legitimately asked for a raise.
    Yeah, but he's not the only who's done it lately. Well, maybe in football. I think I remember Lebron or Dwayne Wade losing some money to stay under cap or something in the NBA.

Zing.

Yeah, but he's not the only who's done it lately. Well, maybe in football. I think I remember Lebron or Dwayne Wade losing some money to stay under cap or something in the NBA.
    They took like 2 mill less. Brady's taking 9 mill less than his original salary and 11-16 mill less than he could actually get paid.

Brees is making 20 mill a year right now for reference.

10+ Year Old Account

considering the Pats tend to cut everybody over 32 and he knows how ruthless they are, maybe he hopes they'll keep Welker now

considering the Pats tend to cut everybody over 32 and he knows how ruthless they are, maybe he hopes they'll keep Welker now
    Yeah this is definitely so they can keep Welker. Welker + Hernandez + Gronk is a fucking dream lineup for any QB to be throwing to and 9 mill per year is almost exactly what Welker is gonna be asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is definitely so they can keep Welker. Welker + Hernandez + Gronk is a fucking dream lineup for any QB to be throwing to and 9 mill per year is almost exactly what Welker is gonna be asking for.
    I thought they were getting rid of Welker, or is that just what the media keeps saying?

I thought they were getting rid of Welker, or is that just what the media keeps saying?
    I believe that the front office wanted to let him walk because his price tag would have been too high. This contract extension may force them to reconsider.

Brilliant move IMO. Brady was lobbying hard for Welker to come back in interviews after the AFC Championship loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Brady just went up another notch in my respect for him, that is classy. Shows how damn eager he is to get another ring too.

I think the money will indeed be used to sign Welker. I was pretty much thinking the front office would let him walk cause old + probably expensive, but if this keeps him in the house, that's cool. Welker is my 3rd favourite Pat, after Brady and Wilfork. I still remember his press conference a few years ago, with all the feet references whne that Rex Ryan story about the foot fetish had come out, that was pretty damn funny.

Should let them keep Aqib Talib too, and they'd still have like 10-15 mill in cap space to sign (hopefully defensive) free agents. Big W for a team that was already pretty damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eli should take an even bigger pay cut and outdo him again

That would be awesome if this starts a competitive streak of starting QBs taking less and less money just to outdo each other.

Watch Flacco be like "fuck it, I'm better than Brady, give me 7 mill a year!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco doesn't have Brady's endorsement money

So what? He's better than Brady. He should take less money.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco doesn't have Brady's endorsement money
    True but as great as Brady is he doesn't have the endorsement's like the Manning brothers,Brees, and now even RG3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    True but as great as Brady is he doesn't have the endorsement's like the Manning brothers,Brees, and now even RG3.
    I'm still pretty sure he's not sweatin' the cash. I know, I know, if you have money, you want more. But these people can't possibly say they NEED the money. But there's nothing wrong with wanting more, IF your organization can handle the payment. Players preach about wanting rings, some of them go far and above to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised no one has mentioned the supposed price for the Alex Smith trade.

Looks like the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick this year and a conditional pick next year. Read that it's no lower than a 3rd rounder but could also be a 2nd rounder (assuming depending on his performance).

Yikes. That seems crazy expensive for a guy that looked like he could potentially get cut. lol
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    34th overall pick is one that can get swapped, along with something else, to move into the back end of the first round pretty easily, so either the 49ers could jump up to grab somebody at the end of the round, or take their time and make a good pick near the beginning of day 2

and this is indicative of the lack of talent teams are seeing in this draft, they'd rather have the 2005 #1 overall than spend the 2013 #1 overall on a QB

it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to spend your #1 and #2 picks on the QB position when you have as many needs as KC, so if they go through with this trade I don't really know who they'll tab at #1, Joekel?
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-02-27 at 09:50 PM.