Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is EU RMAH gold dead?

Hello, I have 5 million gold up on RMAH, and they just came back unsold. Have any of you guys sold gold lately?

There's over 35.000.000.000 euros worth of gold on the RMAH, chances that yours will sell are abysmal.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    I don't think this is exceptionally true for the RMAH, but even the gold auction house appears quite dead.

I have put up auctions for a total of 100 million, and nothing is selling for weeks now. I guess it can be accounted to the small amount of active players?
    Maybe you'll need to wait for patch 1.07, when some people will return to try out new features?

Deleted
    GAH isn't dead, I bought 4 mil on rmah the 22nd, then I've flipped some items, so that I've earned around 15 mil gold, and now I want to earn some money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    There's over 35.000.000.000 euros worth of gold on the RMAH, chances that yours will sell are abysmal.
    If there's that much gold available, chances are it's not worth anywhere near 35 billion euro in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskyandrei View Post
    If there's that much gold available, chances are it's not worth anywhere near 35 billion euro in the first place.
    It's worth what people will pay for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It's worth what people will pay for it
    ...and people aren't, isn't that the point?

Gold has been seriously devalued at this point in the game. For 20million, people can be running MP6 and shit like that. There's simply no reason to spend much real money on the gear. Even players who are genuinely bad at it that I know are at least farming MP1 or the like.

Due to that, the general market has broken down and the value of gold has collapsed, given the raw numbers of items now available. The only items that are still quite difficult to get are ultra rare legendaries and people are well aware that they don't really need anything like that any more.

Despite people still spouting nonsense about having to buy your way into higher difficulty levels, it's just simply not true. A single run through Normal/Nightmare will give you enough gold to hit the the Gold AH and have your gear prepped for Inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Hello, I have 5 million gold up on RMAH, and they just came back unsold. Have any of you guys sold gold lately?
    Try to put those gold at 0.25 cent/m and wait a few hours, i bet you will sell it for sure.

I dont find it dead, I just think people prefere spending gold rather than spending money. Just my opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by afhald View Post
    Try to put those gold at 0.25 cent/m and wait a few hours, i bet you will sell it for sure.
    Is that even possible?

Last I checked (6 months ago or so), minimum price possible was 25 cent per 100k gold ~ 2,5€ per 1M gold. You're talking about one 1000th of that price..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    god I hope so, worst thing in Diablo 3. I would get rid of normal AH aswell in expansion.

Deleted
    Well unofficial sites sell gold for about 12 cents/million after a quick google search
    So no wonder the 25 cent/mil gold doesn't sell.

If you were to spend euros on the game anyway, i'd figure you'd rather have double then half.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Is that even possible?

Last I checked (6 months ago or so), minimum price possible was 25 cent per 100k gold ~ 2,5€ per 1M gold. You're talking about one 1000th of that price..
    Gold is now .25 / 1mil minimum. Please be stupid somewhere else.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-27 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Gold is now .25 / 1mil minimum. Please be stupid somewhere else.
    0,25 cent and 0,25€ is still a huge margin, and still too high price for most people to be interrested in buying gold..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    god I hope so, worst thing in Diablo 3. I would get rid of normal AH aswell in expansion.
    Im sorry?? get rid of the normal AH as well? you crazy back to ppl scamming and conning ppl for every penny they have I asume is what you are looking forward to then. I for one can not see anything good about normal trading unless its between friends AH makes it simple and above all SAFE to trade with other players, and as a added bonus you don´t have to search for hours for player who want to buy the gear but let the AH do it for you while you PLAY the game. Overall getting rid of the normal AH would be a big blow to the game in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Im sorry?? get rid of the normal AH as well? you crazy back to ppl scamming and conning ppl for every penny they have I asume is what you are looking forward to then. I for one can not see anything good about normal trading unless its between friends AH makes it simple and above all SAFE to trade with other players, and as a added bonus you don´t have to search for hours for player who want to buy the gear but let the AH do it for you while you PLAY the game. Overall getting rid of the normal AH would be a big blow to the game in general.
    Except that normal trading would make items more valuable than gold, which could turn this game into an item hunting game again like it's predecessors instead of the gold farming game it is now. It's a matter of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Except that normal trading would make items more valuable than gold, which could turn this game into an item hunting game again like it's predecessors instead of the gold farming game it is now. It's a matter of perspective.
    That's not true. It would just encourage third party auction houses. Like the websites that used to sell items and make listings for fees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    That's not true. It would just encourage third party auction houses. Like the websites that used to sell items and make listings for fees.
    but it would be used only by really really small percentage of playerbase and not ruining game for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    but it would be used only by really really small percentage of playerbase and not ruining game for everyone.
    Do we really have to go back into how the AH is a completely optional feature? The people that don't want to use it... just don't. It's really that simple. The fact that people do use and will go out of their way to use sites that offer similar services points to it being more than a "really small percentage" I had a flick through some of these sites earlier and there's collectively tens of thousands of dollars worth of items/currency on the few I went through. If it was such an unused feature, such sites wouldn't exist. Surprisingly to me, sites are still stocking Diablo 2 items even.

Just look at Path of Exile at the moment - sites that sell items/currency are thriving on it and there are numerous forums just packed out with wts/trade threads. Because trying to trade in game can be quite tedious, unless you're only looking for a specific item. The trade channel in the game spins by at a rate of knots during mid-peak hours. And despite that, a vast amount of people just vendor gear, simply because trying to pick out what they want isn't easy or accessible.