15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It makes you wonder if it's the same people doing this every single time or if it's a new batch of inexperienced hopefuls every single time. You'd think people would learn after the first burn to be more cautious.
    Never been hyped for an MMO other than WoW like 10 years ago.

Im ready for the burn. It'll burn so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Now I get it everyone has opinions on the game and probably think this is the best place to share it, but honestly do you guys really think Zeni Max Online and Bethesda are going to be stopping here any time soon?

If there is something you don't like and something you think should be changed wouldn't it be wise or logical to post on their forums?
    If my opinion is widespread enough that something would actually be done about it, then there's already someone on the official forums speaking the words I'd say. And if there's no one saying those things over there, then my opinion is obviously not relevant enough to be considered anyway so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It makes you wonder if it's the same people doing this every single time or if it's a new batch of inexperienced hopefuls every single time. You'd think people would learn after the first burn to be more cautious.
    I remember voicing my concerns about space combat on the main forums in swtor before launch... A lot of the people that told me "its a minigame. stfu" and "lol go back to wow" or "obv bioware knows space combat better than you" left shortly after launch. And the poll... Oh god... The poll. I didn't enjoy being right.

Now they are going to fix it... in 2014.

I really hope that bethesda is watching this closely and forces the game to fit the actual players of the game, not the tourists.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You would be surprised how many developers check secondary communities to avoid the group think that forms on official forums. They, hopefully, know that they need to here more than just "WE LOVE YOU. YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG EVER." and official forums aren't usually the best place for that till after the hype dies.
    ESO forums on the Bethsoft boards are plenty full of negative nancy's. If you read some of the earliest threads, TES fans nearly had a riot over their beloved single player franchise being turned into an MMO. It wasn't pretty. There are still plenty of posts that complain about things. OMG the faction lock threads... *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    ESO forums on the Bethsoft boards are plenty full of negative nancy's. If you read some of the earliest threads, TES fans nearly had a riot over their beloved single player franchise being turned into an MMO. It wasn't pretty. There are still plenty of posts that complain about things. OMG the faction lock threads... *shudders*
    I imagine they were afraid of it being a TES skin for a eq/wow/rift eske game. Which... from everything I have read here, was a well founded fear.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Sort of curious, with 2/4 of the zones being explorable and questable per 1 character, will the world be large enough? Is there a big focus on the middle part of the world?
    I hope so :/ I really hope it doesn't significantly reduce the player's interest.
    Raaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Sort of curious, with 2/4 of the zones being explorable and questable per 1 character, will the world be large enough? Is there a big focus on the middle part of the world?
    I hope so :/ I really hope it doesn't significantly reduce the player's interest.
    It saddens me I can't explore everywhere as 1 faction. I only ever play Nords and Dark Elves in TES games. All the other races bore or disgust me. Sucks that we literally HAVE to play 3 different characters on 3 Different factions to max level to experience the entire world in the game.

It is going to make keeping friends/Guilds annoying if you are constantly splitting time between 3, and is just going to encourage people to not want to main a character if they want to explore meaning Guild representation is going to be skewed and horribly annoying.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

In the gameplay video zenimax released, the spell effects looked terrible. I think they should keep the effects like it was in skyrim, instead of making exaggerated ugly effects. The melee swing effect looked so bad in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    It saddens me I can't explore everywhere as 1 faction. I only ever play Nords and Dark Elves in TES games. All the other races bore or disgust me. Sucks that we literally HAVE to play 3 different characters on 3 Different factions to max level to experience the entire world in the game.

It is going to make keeping friends/Guilds annoying if you are constantly splitting time between 3, and is just going to encourage people to not want to main a character if they want to explore meaning Guild representation is going to be skewed and horribly annoying.
    This is actually my biggest concern with this game. A concern I hope they will correct somewhere down the line. It kind of breaks immersion for me personally if I am restricted in an open world. Other than that I think the game looks promising from what I have seen. I hope to see further details so that I can come with well founded constructive criticism once the beta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    In the gameplay video zenimax released, the spell effects looked terrible. I think they should keep the effects like it was in skyrim, instead of making exaggerated ugly effects. The melee swing effect looked so bad in the video.
    That video was pre-alpha, I'm sure it will look different.

I imagine they were afraid of it being a TES skin for a eq/wow/rift eske game. Which... from everything I have read here, was a well founded fear.
    This thread is full of misinformation and guessing. Listen to some podcasts or read the development FAQ on Tamriel Foundry, it doesn't sound like another SWTOR disaster.
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2013-02-26 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    I still have hopes that they reconsider making it playable in first person as well :/ I think it's fairly huge that they announced they won't be supporting it. I guess I could suck it up and still play the game if it's the only disappointment but I've seen it before with previous hyped MMOs and even with WoW expansion packs.

They advertise it as revolutionary and list all the features and improvements and how the new game will be different and then one by one scrap them during development or reduce them to something token and gimmicky and in the end release "yet another WoW clone". I'm not saying WoW is a bad game, on the contrary, it already fills that niche. So if I want to pay a "WoW" game, I'll play WoW and if I get bored of WoW, a similar clone is the last thing I'd want to play. Tinfoil hat or not but I'm half expecting another news along the lines of "we have decided to introduce action bars and auto-targeting after all".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    This thread is full of misinformation and guessing. Listen to some podcasts or read the development FAQ on Tamriel Foundry, it doesn't sound like another SWTOR disaster.
    Where in these podcasts do you get that impression? Sure, only time will tell, but blind optimism in the MMO world is always a mistake. From the Podcasts, I hear a lot of strange wording that makes it seem different from your classic action bar MMO but never actually delivers as to "why." Sure the combat will be a little different, but let's be honest. You can't ride one feature to GreatMMOville. The combat in AoC was pretty amazing and it still flopped like a dead tuna. Plenty of other mistakes made sure of that.

TESO seems to have that sort of trend going for it, just like many of us saw with SWTOR, regardless of the messiah-esque claims fanboys were making based on nothing. Many of the paths they've decided to take regarding things like factions and world PVP just make one stop and go "... who the hell is that even for?" Personally, that's a warning sign.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I still have hopes that they reconsider making it playable in first person as well :/ I think it's fairly huge that they announced they won't be supporting it.\
    Really don't mean to sound all Negative Nancy here, but the game isn't really Elder Scrolls 6,7,8,etc. It's just another MMO that happens to be themed around Elder Scrolls. It's not going to shatter any expectations, even if it does turn out to be a solid title.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

You would be surprised how many developers check secondary communities to avoid the group think that forms on official forums. They, hopefully, know that they need to here more than just "WE LOVE YOU. YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG EVER." and official forums aren't usually the best place for that till after the hype dies.
    If Blizz doesn't check these forums, it's safe to bet that Bethesda doesn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    If Blizz doesn't check these forums, it's safe to bet that Bethesda doesn't either.
    More than once it's been clarified that Blizz does look at MMO-C from time to time.

But anyway, I don't post here because I expect Bethesda's going to read my shit. I post here because official forums and dedicated fansites (as MMO-C can be at times in regards to WoW, which is why I hate the WoW side of this forum) are filled with people who left their brains at the log-in page.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I know for a fact that Blizzard does; they have a CS rep that lurks WoW General Discussion answering any CS-related questions. I know someone from Funcom peeks into the TSW thread every once in a while too. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that other game companies check in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I know for a fact that Blizzard does; they have a CS rep that lurks WoW General Discussion answering any CS-related questions. I know someone from Funcom peeks into the TSW thread every once in a while too. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that other game companies check in as well.
    Not to mention multiple Rift devs who have poked their heads in the Rift forums a few times, and a Rift CM who is around and posts from time to time as well.

MMOC is kinda a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Really don't mean to sound all Negative Nancy here, but the game isn't really Elder Scrolls 6,7,8,etc. It's just another MMO that happens to be themed around Elder Scrolls. It's not going to shatter any expectations, even if it does turn out to be a solid title.
    This here is the problem in a lot of people. Both in this thread, and official forums - a lot of people assume that this MMO "must be" like skyrim, a continuation in Single-Player games. They do not realize that this isn't being even developed by the same people who created the SP games. Which is kinda sad, because what mostly these people yell about is that this game doesn't feel like single-player...
    It's just as silly if people complained that World of Warcraft doesn't feel like Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    This here is the problem in a lot of people. Both in this thread, and official forums - a lot of people assume that this MMO "must be" like skyrim, a continuation in Single-Player games. They do not realize that this isn't being even developed by the same people who created the SP games. Which is kinda sad, because what mostly these people yell about is that this game doesn't feel like single-player...
    It's just as silly if people complained that World of Warcraft doesn't feel like Warcraft III.

No it isn't, the Elder Scrolls games are RPGs by default, if they truly wanted, they could easily turn them into an MMO, without giving in to the so called genre and make a generic wow clone with a few differences.

MMORPG is simply an RPG with a lot of people.
    Has they gone Sandbox instead of Themepark, it would almost be identical to Elder Scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    No it isn't, the Elder Scrolls games are RPGs by default, if they truly wanted, they could easily turn them into an MMO, without giving in to the so called genre and make a generic wow clone with a few differences.

MMORPG is simply an RPG with a lot of people.
    Has they gone Sandbox instead of Themepark, it would almost be identical to Elder Scrolls.
    The analogy is right. People do not understand this is an MMO, they strife to complain that it's far from the SP. But that IS how it's supposed to be. Bethesda will continue developing SP games, and Zenimax will be keeping up the online game. I don't see -any- reason to think of this like TES6,7,8 etc.
    So you're saying you want Skyrim-multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    The analogy is right. People do not understand this is an MMO, they strife to complain that it's far from the SP. But that IS how it's supposed to be. Bethesda will continue developing SP games, and Zenimax will be keeping up the online game. I don't see -any- reason to think of this like TES6,7,8 etc.
    So you're saying you want Skyrim-multiplayer?
    No because that model wouldn't work, but imagine this...You were free to choose what factions to join, you could go anywhere in the world, you could get an instanced house, like in skyrim, pvp would depend on which faction you joined not on your race, the economy was entirely player controlled, you could use first person, combat was similar to skyrim except for the skill bar, you could find loot to decorate your house, the world would be alive as it was in Skyrim, quests would not exist, not directly. But instead, dynamic events would happen, such as a village being attacked by bandits and so on, and if you helped you would be rewarded, the plot would instead advance through dungeons, who would behave similar to wow, but the open world would essentially be a Sandbox, and then you could get jobs to earn money, or be a mercenary, or a thief, or a mugger etc.

That is how an TES MMO should have been, not Themepark, but Sandbox.
    Look at Star Wars Galaxies before the CU, it was a perfect example of a sandbox, no quests, free roam, player made economy, no levels but skills earned through combat, player made cities, etc.

Themepark MMOs are everywhere, and I am SO sick of em.
    Swtor, Rift, Guild Wars 2, Wow, LOTRO, etc. They are almost all copies and clones of each other.
    I wish more Sandbox ones would come out, and a TES MMO should definitely have been sandbox.

People have gotten the wrong idea that all MMOs have to be Themepark MMOs and Wow clones, but they DON'T!
    I blame WOW, the epitomy of Themepark boredom...Dailies, mindless grind quests, reputation grinds and so on.
    And in the end, you realize it mattered nothing, because you are just the nameless adventurer no matter what, and even all your progress will be wiped as soon as new expansion came out. Even the lore has been sacrificed for this morbid wheel of pain.

No, I do NOT like Wow, and what it did to this genre. The idea of thousands of players together, in a fictional world, is amazing.
    Yet it has turned into an abomination, a massive cash cow enticing players to complete mindnumbing tasks all day who means nothing in the end.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2013-02-28 at 11:51 AM.