The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    A quick note, the issue of "is EDI the Normandy" was resolved in game FYI.
    Nope it wasn't, it ended in a demagogic dead end.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Which is why I named my Talon Deeaz. XD

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 01:20 AM ----------

Honestly, I'm only sad this is the end of Shepard because I'ma miss Jennifer Hale's amazing voice acting. XD
    Yeah Jen Hale was the main reason why I preferred FemShep ever since my first ME1 character. She is amazing and to be fair Mark Meer is great too but I prefer Hale.

Jennifer Hale is Shepard and will ever be Shepard for me

BTW: It was nice to hear her again in HALO 4 where she voiced Sarah Palmer (another great female Character) and I hope that she does a lot of VOs in future games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I hope that she does a lot of VOs in future games.
    I'm sure she will. The chick is everywhere. lol Seems not only BioWare recognizes her greatness.

I'm almost willing to bet that she's going to be in ME4 as well, just probably not the main character but perhaps a support character (like Bastilla) or *shock* as the antagonist!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm almost willing to bet that she's going to be in ME4 as well, just probably not the main character but perhaps a support character (like Bastilla) or *shock* as the antagonist!
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I've noticed BioWare seems to have a pool of voice actors they like to pull from, because you see a lot of the same names through various games from them. Plus, in Jennifer Hale's case, her voice is so versatile that she can fill a massive variety of rolls (compare GW2's Sylvari female PC to FemShep for instance).

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiplayer

Hey guys, I just renewed my XBox Live membership after getting an urge to play some ME3 Multiplayer. I have not touched it since release, so I am woefully ignorant of all the changes and new classes. Advice would be much appreciated.

Currently I DL'd all the new MP DLC and got the new Geth Juggernaut in a free pack. So that's a start.

When I last played, I used the Quarian Engineer the most. My arsenal probably sucks by today's standards...I use a Vindicator V and a Carnifax I. Not impressive, and I seem to do virtually no damage to enemies.

I queued up for a couple of matches last night and seemed to be in a near constant state of death. I just couldn't kill enemies and couldn't take much more abuse. Have the older classes been nerfed or are the newer classes much more durable?

Lastly, I notice there are a lot more equipment crates out there. If I want to get more Classes and Bad Ass Weapons, which crates should I focus on?

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Multiplayer

Hey guys, I just renewed my XBox Live membership after getting an urge to play some ME3 Multiplayer. I have not touched it since release, so I am woefully ignorant of all the changes and new classes. Advice would be much appreciated.

Currently I DL'd all the new MP DLC and got the new Geth Juggernaut in a free pack. So that's a start.

When I last played, I used the Quarian Engineer the most. My arsenal probably sucks by today's standards...I use a Vindicator V and a Carnifax I. Not impressive, and I seem to do virtually no damage to enemies.

I queued up for a couple of matches last night and seemed to be in a near constant state of death. I just couldn't kill enemies and couldn't take much more abuse. Have the older classes been nerfed or are the newer classes much more durable?

Lastly, I notice there are a lot more equipment crates out there. If I want to get more Classes and Bad Ass Weapons, which crates should I focus on?

Thanks for the info!
    I generally get Reserves packs for characters and... I think they're called Arsenal packs? For weapons.

As for nerfs, I'm not sure. I haven't really been keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Nope it wasn't, it ended in a demagogic dead end.
    It was resolved. EDI explained her position the others had their say it ended. You can youtube the clip if you wish. Shep says that EDI can feel/see with the ship and its part of her body. EDI and one of the engineers agree.

That to me is resolved.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yeah Jen Hale was the main reason why I preferred FemShep ever since my first ME1 character. She is amazing and to be fair Mark Meer is great too but I prefer Hale.

Jennifer Hale is Shepard and will ever be Shepard for me

BTW: It was nice to hear her again in HALO 4 where she voiced Sarah Palmer (another great female Character) and I hope that she does a lot of VOs in future games.
    Heretic.

Bro shep or go home! My mates who are male play female sheps. I just can't do it. Bro sheps the one saving the universe, if I was female shep i'd just be fawning over Garrus 24/7. At least as Bro shep we can get drunk at the bar and off to fight collectors

Heretic.

Bro shep or go home! My mates who are male play female sheps. I just can't do it. Bro sheps the one saving the universe, if I was female shep i'd just be fawning over Garrus 24/7. At least as Bro shep we can get drunk at the bar and off to fight collectors
    Pshhh my FemShep and Garrus get drunk at the bar and fight Collectors/Reapers/Cerberus/whateverelseisstupidenoughtogetinourway while she fawns over Kaidan 24/7.

Deleted
    Pshhh my FemShep and Garrus get drunk at the bar and fight Collectors/Reapers/Cerberus/whateverelseisstupidenoughtogetinourway while she fawns over Kaidan 24/7.
    My FemShep drinks everyone bar Wrex under the table She even drinks Ryncol and goes off fighting the collectors while other puny humans would have died after drinking it.

FemShep is tha BEAST ... seriously

You're the lowest of the low! :P

My Bro shep shits out sunbeams. (full paragon) Then gets drunk with Garrus and James (I dont mind james hes aight) then gets tucked into bed by Tali. He is also being taught dance lessons by Legion. Since they all survived the events of ME3 despite biowares mass trolling!

I have never saved Kaidan, Maybe I might do it as i'm growing tired of ashe.....

Multiplayer

Thanks for the info!
    Quarian Engineer is a powerful kit, just that Sentry Turret is enough to decimate the enemy. If your gear is low, I'd suggest you stick to Veteran Packs and get your silver gear to good levels. Phaeston and Tempest are both good weapons for power based classes and can easily make you pull your own weight and then some in gold matches. (Tempest X is really a caster's best friend before your get Hurricane or Punisher to decent levels.)

The new packs are for those who had their rewards skew in towards one end or the other. If you lack a lot of characters, go for reserves. If you lack weapons, go for Arsenal.

Know that both of those packs are shit and can drop weapon attachments and gear. (Seriously, first day of Reckoning, I open 2 reserves packs to get new character cards, I get barrels and batarian gauntlets instead. Oh, but they did open 2 blue human soldier character cards so who am I to argue huh?)

If you want balanced growth, Premium Spectre Packs are still the best ones to UNLOCK stuff. (Reserve and Arsenal tend to rank up the ones who are already unlocked in my experience.)

Overall, Veteran until you get good enough to breeze through Gold. (Turian Sentinel is also a good class for Gold, who can deal with every type of defenses out there.) Then, get a few (About 5) Premium Spectre packs to get your unlocks going. Pick Wep or Char, then switch accordingly. You can ofc say fuck it and keep on with PSP's.

As for your "near constant state of death" I assume you werent high enough level with an Engineer. Quarians aren't the most durable but then again there is only Turian Saboteur and Vorcha Hunter who are durable as Engineers.

Good luck out there, it is nice to find fresh blood for this forum. (Gravath keeps on fluctuating our numbers here.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I have never saved Kaidan, Maybe I might do it as i'm growing tired of ashe.....
    I grew tired of Ash before we even left Eden Prime. XD

I grew tired of Ash before we even left Eden Prime. XD
    Shes annoying. Tried having her as a love interest.... I went straight back to Tali. Infact FORGET anything I said about mass effect 3 rubbish ending.

THE REAL CRIME, was the photoshop on talis face. I wanted an in game model hell even if it was JUST where she turns round on rannoch with out a mask THAT would be enough for me. DAMN YOU BIOWARE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    -Snip-
    Thanks for the info, that's just what I wanted to know about the reward packs. You are right about the Engineer being low level, I apparently had just promoted before I quit because my Engineer was at level 6 when I played a few matches. But I also set my difficulty to Silver, so it should not have been as tough as it was. The Collectors just generally gave me a hard time.

I'll focus on the Veteran packs for now and see what happens. The Turian Sentinel sounds cool, but are Vanguard still the bees knees? I alternated between Quarian Engineer and Human Vanguard last year.

I also saw a slot for "Gear" in the buff section. I don't recall seeing that one before, what is that all about?

I also saw a slot for "Gear" in the buff section. I don't recall seeing that one before, what is that all about?
    Gear are buff items that aren't consumed. You equip one and you'll gain its bonus while in a match, but unlike other equipment items, they aren't consumed for that match. Once you have one, you have it for good.

They usually give buffs like +x% Tech Damage and +x% Pistol Damage, or +x% shields and +x% melee damage. My current character uses a Commando Package II which gives +6% to Biotic and Pistol damage.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was resolved. EDI explained her position the others had their say it ended. You can youtube the clip if you wish. Shep says that EDI can feel/see with the ship and its part of her body. EDI and one of the engineers agree.

That to me is resolved.
    You should youtube it.
    EDI doesn't explain anything - she agrees with both sides and then troll them all.
    She agrees that she is only a part of a ship that pilots it.
    She agrees that she is integrated into a ship and simple core transfer is not enough to transfer her to the other ship (that doesn't imply that is impossible - she will just have to be integrated into the new ship systems)
    It doesn't matter what you choose to say as Shepard because you can say it both ways.
    And EDI replies to you the same way anyway, by trolling everyone with:
    "Are we more than the sum of our thoughts" - or something like that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    "Are we more than the sum of our thoughts" - or something like that.
    "Are we more than our thoughts?" and then Donnelly was like "/tableflip I'm done with this!"

But, yes, EDI will agree with both Donnelly and Adams. She agrees that the Normandy was space-worthy before she was installed (as Donnelly points out), and also agrees that there are processes that contribute to her self-awareness spread throughout the ship (as Adams points out).

"Are we more than our thoughts?" and then Donnelly was like "/tableflip I'm done with this!"

But, yes, EDI will agree with both Donnelly and Adams. She agrees that the Normandy was space-worthy before she was installed (as Donnelly points out), and also agrees that there are processes that contribute to her self-awareness spread throughout the ship (as Adams points out).
    I agree. I think that issue was largely resolved or at the very least a "you decide if she is the Normandy or just a part of it".

It reminds me of DATA from star trek. Where starfleet deems him being worth a look at replicating. This raises the question of whether he is alive and counted as a person. With EDI it is the same sort of issue, what constitutes a life form? Is she merely a component? etc.

For me She is now the normandy, she originally was just an AI shackled into the core mainframe and now she interfaces with the ship almost entirely. Seeing/feeling what the ship does. The AI body she gets doesnt house her entirely though, so thats a tool for her to use but I imagine if you chose the synthesis ending she would be entirely transferred into that body I would imagine as if its the "final" evolution of all life I can't imagine why she would be housed in the ship still if this was the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear are buff items that aren't consumed. You equip one and you'll gain its bonus while in a match, but unlike other equipment items, they aren't consumed for that match. Once you have one, you have it for good.

They usually give buffs like +x% Tech Damage and +x% Pistol Damage, or +x% shields and +x% melee damage. My current character uses a Commando Package II which gives +6% to Biotic and Pistol damage.
    That's awesome. I need to get some of those.