Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    How should we config ShaOfFearAssist?
    Use dread spray vr its better.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Okay, had our first 2,5h on Sha yesterday. Our very first attempt was the best one, where the first group got back from the plattform in time (while we used all CDs on pull), all other tries where pretty bad, since we had to make adjustments to the ShaAssist settings and get used to it. Am I mistaken, or is the haste buff supposed to last for the whole lockout (what if you prolong it the next week?), or up to a soft reset of the instance?

Currently we arent really sure if we want to use a different setup to get to P2 the first time. Killing Terror Spawns is often mentioned in guides or in threads like this, but I've yet to see a progressing guild on Sha HC to use this tactic (probably not all of them fraps P1 wipes, lol). Well, while I topped DPS on most of the pulls along with our fire mage and affli lock, the shadow, balance druid and retri seemed far behind.
    Lei's Hope does not last the entire lockout. It goes away when the instance soft resets or when it times out. We tried keeping the buff during progression by having someone afk in the instance, but it went away after ~8 hours. Once you get it a few times, you should be able to get it in 1-2 attempts every night.

If you're talking a different setup to get Lei's Hope as far as swapping people, that's up to you, but everyone in the raid should be playing their optimal single target spec, then swapping to their AoE spec for p2 when you have the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Krachaboras View Post
    DreadSprayVR is 20 times better. Our guild tried both and we have had many issues with ShaOfFearAssist.

Make sure you assign jobs to people also IE: whichever tank is on the main platform should be calling out the Breath cooldown, have a person assigned to calling out the Dreadspray cooldown also on each platform, someone calling out 70% on boss so people can save the procs for the boss during p2. Make sure some ranged classes go outside of the safezone for Breath from Sha so the main safe area for Breath isn't cluttered and they can just move back into the safe area right before Breath hits. That should help out healers more than anyone which will keep people from slowly getting lower and lower HP throughout the fight from Sha Bolts.

Use single target specs for p1 until you get to p2 the first time and use all of your CDs on the platforms to help out. it took us a few good hours while learning it to safely get past that dps threshold to be able to return to the main platform in time for the next group to get Cackled. Once you get Lei's Hope everyone should switch to their AOE specs and just zerg the boss down in p1 while making sure people dodge the bad stuff (refer back to ranged getting out of the safe zone while Breath isn't active).

If you have any other questions about the encounter or any class specific questions feel free to hit me up @ pryda#1175

Deleted
    Best try for this evening was 67% (without the buff, obvsly) and people got ported a 4th time. We didnt kill the Terror Spawns, I used my CDs on the Pandas (FE, Asc, SL, Potion) and made 7-8m just like our Affli and Arcane. Fire mage was at 6-7 and the Shadow & Warrior lacked behidn with 5-6m. Something went wrong with the logs this evening ~

Our setup this evening was

Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

Elemental
    Affli
    Fire mage
    Arcane mage
    Shadow
    Fury Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Krachaboras View Post
    this is 100% a matter of opinion, because, conversely, our guild found Sha Assist to be a lot easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    this is 100% a matter of opinion, because, conversely, our guild found Sha Assist to be a lot easier to use.
    the problem with Sha assist is you can get gibbed late alot. It does not go through its full rotation when he death blossoms while dread spraying so the last green cannot be trusted if you get 1 after death blossom.

Deleted
    Best try for this evening was 67% (without the buff, obvsly) and people got ported a 4th time. We didnt kill the Terror Spawns, I used my CDs on the Pandas (FE, Asc, SL, Potion) and made 7-8m just like our Affli and Arcane. Fire mage was at 6-7 and the Shadow & Warrior lacked behidn with 5-6m. Something went wrong with the logs this evening ~

Our setup this evening was

Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

Elemental
    Affli
    Fire mage
    Arcane mage
    Shadow
    Fury Warrior
    you sure you aren't just forgetting that logs/combat meters don't record dmg from the other group when you're on platforms and vice versa?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    you sure you aren't just forgetting that logs/combat meters don't record dmg from the other group when you're on platforms and vice versa?
    I'm just looking at the people's damage on the Panda who were ported along with me. I guess numbers are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    the problem with Sha assist is you can get gibbed late alot. It does not go through its full rotation when he death blossoms while dread spraying so the last green cannot be trusted if you get 1 after death blossom.
    Easily avoidable by just going back to the very first position after Death Blossom (which becomes second nature and don't need to rely on the addon I've found). A matter of opinion though, I've found ShaOfFearAssist perfect for my needs, as I'm sure others have found addons they prefer. Hence why I mentioned an addon like ShaOfFearAssist.

Deleted
    We're hitting a brickwall with this boss, had steady progress on all 15 HC bosses and downed them after 1 max. 2 days of progress. After 3 days and 67 wipes (many of them caused by lack of DPS on Pandas, some Dread Spray fails and some rare heals) we still didnt hit P2 with various different setups (no perfect setups), and the best try was 68% befor everyone died with (in my opinion) our worst setup:

Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest - he was Disc and not Holy, my fault

Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Elemental
    Shadow
    Shadow

We ignored the adds and switched between using CDs on pull and keeping them for the Pandas (for the spec, who had 3min+ CDs atleast).
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-02-15 at 06:05 PM.

We're hitting a brickwall with this boss, had steady progress on all 15 HC bosses and downed them after 1 max. 2 days of progress. After 3 days and 67 wipes (many of them caused by lack of DPS on Pandas, some Dread Spray fails and some rare heals) we still didnt hit P2 with various different setups (no perfect setups), and the best try was 68% befor everyone died with (in my opinion) our worst setup:

Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest

Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Elemental
    Shadow
    Shadow

We ignored the adds and switched between using CDs on pull and keeping them for the Pandas (for the spec, who had 3min+ CDs atleast).
    Priest should be disc. Since smiteing in p1 and on platforms is strong and in p2 he should basically be smiting 80%+ of the fight. our disc priest did 27k hps and our holy paly 41k on our first kill tonight. p2 there is almost no healing outside short bursts.

Deleted
    he was Disc and not Holy, my fault

Deleted
    Now we are close to a kill 6% left so how can we improve our raid dps?
    1 Add dots
    2 Adds Shadow/Dots
    3 Adds Shadow/Moonkin
    4 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter
    5 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter/Affli/Arcane
    6 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter/Affli/Arcane/DK
    any thoughts about this?any other hints to improve our dps?

Managing adds better will probably help. We have everyone cleaving on the adds when 2+ are up, putting full focus when 5+ up. Make sure adds aren't being over DPS'd early and you're killing them once Sha submerges. Make sure they're able to be cleaved by tanks (so ball throwers are in a position where the add path is in range).

Also while the passes should be VERY quick to break huddle, once everyone is free and last person is about to throw back to healers, they can hold the ball until the adds are close (lets adds get to group quicker without the pause when throwing). Lastly, make sure group doesn't panic and is consistent when low. Can lust Zerg at 5% and ignore if a new wave is coming.

Deleted
    Killed it last night and we got alot of improvements after we did the following things;

Find the centre
    Yes, i dont mean we didnt do that to begin with, but we moved it a few more time to get it withint a 1-2yds room of error, where before we'd "gues" and keep it there. (Our healer on that spot didnt complain....) The faster the adds are grouped the better, makes a huge difference on the add killing. We only used our Third "light" guy when adds got a bit fucked and needed to be stacked at other times our healers would ping pong it, keeping adds on the boss all the time to maximise dps.

Set up 3 markers
    One for centre, One for the other healer, in our case this is a straight line (from East to West, boss Spawns @ North) ideally running straight through the boss. And the last marker is where the tank tries to stand. We pull him there instantly and keep him positioned there. In order to minimise movement tanks would move to the "boss" position when he submerged. This makes sure he never emerges where the tank normally stands (which is annoying as fuck to position him for again).

Delay the transition
    Our DPS would transition right before the third platform is "back". We started delaying it so the third platform returned so they have ~15 seconds of the buff while in the sha phase. This is when we instantly Lusted so lust is up after the 12th submerge.

Peeling DPS of for the add(s)
    Adds - 1 - One multi dotter dots once, then ignores it. You can prolly ignore it completely
    Adds - 2 - All multidotters dot them (we had a boomkin/lock & shadowpriest)
    Adds - 3 - Multidotters + cleave
    Adds - 4 - Peeled our Fury warrior off and put him on adds (combined with the above). Multidotters (boomkin didnt since he feels his AOE is kinda shit) Dot and then AOE
    Adds - 5 - Peeled our Enh shaman off and put him on adds (combined with the above)
    Adds - 6 - Everyone on adds.
    Adds - 7 - Never got 7 ourselves, we killed it on the 2nd wave of 6. Should be ignoring here lusting.

Plan out cooldowns from 5 adds onwards
    We had cooldowns planned from the moment we had 5 adds up, basically the tanks and one healer should never get huddle, meaning they can REACT to the huddle with cooldowns. Our fury warrior for example can't since he could be Huddled. What i'd do is if he submerged i'd say "If Huddle is first Player XXXX uses Aura mastery" (he uses Huddle first or Second) if it wasn't first "It's huddle second, in 5 seconds. Fury warrior pops RC + Banner @ ~3 seconds".

Edit: i'm reading your affli lock goes on adds SUPER late, while they're the kings of the multidot and should be the undisputed #1 on your meters. Our lock is on the adds from moment #1, starting with mulitdots. Ending up multidotting and then Seeding for AOE damage when there are 4 adds + the boss (5 targets).

Also arcane should be your best single target DPSer i imagen, i'd put him on adds last, DK earlier (although he should be spreading his dots and howling anyhow...)
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-02-26 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    Now we are close to a kill 6% left so how can we improve our raid dps?
    1 Add dots
    2 Adds Shadow/Dots
    3 Adds Shadow/Moonkin
    4 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter
    5 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter/Affli/Arcane
    6 Adds Shadow/Moonkin/Hunter/Affli/Arcane/DK
    any thoughts about this?any other hints to improve our dps?

Frost DK's lose next to no single target dps is they HB off the adds. Put him in earlier and make sure he has either a mouseover HB macro or one that just targets dread spawns. This should help raid dps a lot as DK's are like the #2 class for AoE'ing the dread spawns.

Is it just me, or do Sha's normal thrashes hit incredibly hard in Phase 2? I noticed each swing was hitting me for around 100k more than was happening in P1.. I didn't realize he got a damage buff or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    Is it just me, or do Sha's normal thrashes hit incredibly hard in Phase 2? I noticed each swing was hitting me for around 100k more than was happening in P1.. I didn't realize he got a damage buff or something.
    He doesn't gain any damage increase, maybe you dropped mitigation somewhere along the line?

So odd.. that must be the case then somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    He doesn't gain any damage increase, maybe you dropped mitigation somewhere along the line?
    Or maybe he's noticing that he no longer gains the damage reduction from being inside the light wall in P1. If I recall correct, it gives him a passive damage reduction, just for standing in there (along with everyone else who are in the cone).