Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    How do you figure? I wasn't talking specifically about these weapons either, it's usually the cop out (and yes, it IS a cop out) used when they bring anything back.
    What do you think their true motive is if they don't think there's any player interest in bringing this stuff back into the game?

God dammit. Every cool thing I have to make me special snowflake is slowly fading away. First it was them saying RBG titles give access to vanilla gear xmogs, now it's bringing back the retired BC weapons. WHAT'S NEXT, BRINGING BACK HAND OF ADAL and MY RED AMANI BEAR MOUNT?

...shit I jinxed it didn't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    What do you think their true motive is if they don't think there's any player interest in bringing this stuff back into the game?
    They want to put out 'new' content without actually having to -make- the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    So, since blizzard is bringing back removed items, youre assuming they are going to start rehashing raids?

Are you taking crazy pills?
    I LOL'd. GGWP.

They want to put out 'new' content without actually having to -make- the content.
    Yet they have no problems making large amounts of new content. Like a whole continent filled with new artwork and designs. Yet, it's a cop out when they put some stuff in the game that players have asked for, repeatedly, over the past several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they have no problems making large amounts of new content. Like a whole continent filled with new artwork and designs. Yet, it's a cop out when they put some stuff in the game that players have asked for, repeatedly, over the past several years.
    You're limiting your reference point to just the BC Weapons.

Look at the big picture.

And obviously they're not going to have rehashed release content, that'd be piss-poor marketing.

You're limiting your reference point to just the BC Weapons.

Look at the big picture.

And obviously they're not going to have rehashed release content, that'd be piss-poor marketing.
    The "big picture", where anything we might have seen before, or in some vaguely related sense, is what counts as rehashed content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "big picture", where anything we might have seen before, or in some vaguely related sense, is what counts as rehashed content.
    Which is stuff we've seen before.

Popular opinion aside, a rehash is a rehash.

A rehash is something like Naxx or ZA, where nothing really changed. Going back to a place because it's relevant again, or having recurring enemies, are not the same thing. There are a lot of things that have been dealt with, but only on a temporary basis. So it makes sense that we would see them again, that's not what a rehash is. It's just a basic part of storytelling.

Deleted
    I think this thread is becoming a lil bit silly about 5 items out of I-don't-know-how-many with new art. Considering all the new art that has been developed for the new raid items, NPCs etc. probably we would simply have got nothing if not those ones.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-02-28 at 08:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    Why when people asked for them? ITs not been possible to make those weapons for quite a while now, and personally I would like them to have been either bop, or patterns still availbable to make them for other characters.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    But isnt those just "extra" content for patch? Dont see the big problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    cause it`s being done way too often
    It is fine to do so for 1 or two old things, like unstoppable force or dirke or ice barbed spear, whatever
    We should be moving forward not dwelling in the past
    Then don't use the old models?

Seriously, the mindset of people like you baffles me. "Things that have NO direct affect on me, but I don't like, should not be allowed to happen in the game." is something I see far too often on these forums.

The BS patterns - as far as I can tell - are all patterns that were removed from the game when weaponsmithing/armorsmithing was removed from blacksmithing. The weapons, in my and many other people's opinion, look freaking awesome, and its a shame that people wouldn't be allowed to get those models for transmog simply because they didn't happen to have weaponsmithing (and hammersmith for Stormherald, swordsmith for lionheart executioner, etc.) before it was removed from the game. Considering the fact that implementing this probably took very little effort (as the art was already created and in the game), I can't understand why people would be upset with them adding them.

It seems to me that you either simply want attention from people by posting a completely pointless "anti-whatever blizzard has done to wow lately" thread, or you truly cannot stand other people getting something that they will enjoy.

The fact that these weapons, transmogging, etc., etc., are in the game should not detract from your play experience, unless your narrow-minded view of how things must be in WoW is so twisted that you must condemn a large portion of the playerbase - that not only enjoys these things, but vehemently asks Blizzard for them - to playing the game that you, personally, think that WoW should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    But isnt those just "extra" content for patch? Dont see the big problem here.
    Ayup, it's a tiny little extra in a bloody massive patch. But hey, let's make a ruckus over it, like these forums always do.

I bet the OP is one of those people that complained how blizzard is wasting their precious development time on the Transmog when it could've been used to develop "real" content.

Seriously, flavor stuffs like these is what keeps the players coming for more.

I actually understand and respect the OPs point. I tend to agree with him.

Despite the bad raid boss models in DS, I enjoyed the hell out of DS. Despite no underwater raid, I've enjoyed transmog and Cataclysm. I still think Blizzard rehashes a lot of content, and it feels pretty lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..
    Well many people wanted old models items that were unobtanaible when the transmog options came out, and Blizz make those people happy (like me), BTW these is not like a great addition, is not like they gave those models to the new raid items or new valor/quest/reputation items, so i don't see a real reason to mad about

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Cop out
    To avoid fulfilling a commitment or responsibility; renege
    So no, it's not a cop out.

But people WERE asking for a continuance in the Troll-lore.
    People were asking them to update the old world.
    And people asked for old unobtainable models to be brought back into the game.

Yet no, according to the allknowing Conscious it's because they are too lazy to make new stuff.
    And when they do make new stuff, you probably have a seat reserved at front row to complain about it and claim how the 'old stuff was better'.
    I'm glad you took the time to go get the webster/wiktionary definition of cop out, but Zul'Aman and Naxxramas were rehashed cop outs, and that is just two examples, so you're still wrong. Just because some things were requested, doesn't mean others were, or were even implemented in a proper fashion.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-28 at 10:39 PM.

Blizzard been "desperate" for what... 4 years now? /sigh

Screw the definition of cop-out lets look up desperate. What makes you desperate raking in gobs of cash?

Community Manager: Many users have been requesting transmogs of old expansion patterns, weapon models to be specific.

Dev1: Ok, maybe we can get that in if we finish all this new content.

Dev2: I am about to finish touching up these hundred models I was assigned.

Dev Team Lead: Reports from upstairs are that our dwindling user base needs a bit of the reminder why they loved TBC so much.

Dev1: Oh Dear God! Attunements?

Dev2: I know! Moroes trash or farming soulshards?

Dev Team Lead: Ha Ha, No. Just the give them some old weapon models as patterns so they can make them for transmog. ...and check the forums after you announce it. /trollface

Dev Team Lead: (to Community Manager) I don't envy you.

Dev3: (sticks head in with foam sword) FOR THE SCRYERS!!!!

Dev Team Lead: (to Dev3) Get back in your Titan Hole, you creten. Don't come out unless you find Kaplan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm stoked they're giving us these weapons again, my DK could not get his hands on the plans in time but my main had them back in the day but since they were BoP, I could not simply make them for my DK. Cop out you say? No, that's just insanely stupid and you're crazy if you think 5.2 is a rehash patch, ITS ONLY A FEW WEAPONS! There's like what? 100+ unique armor/weapons in the raids, that's a lot of art! Then you have the recolors aswell AND all the unique NPC's and new questing hub, come on people stop with the rehash shit.

They're extras, they didn't have to implement them in this way, but they chose to because -gasp- THE COMMUNITY WANTED THEM BACK! Hard to believe there's BC players and individuals past BC that really wanted them back, isn't it? You know what Blizzard is doing right there? A selfless service to the Community because the request was so popular but they just didn't know when the right time to implement them was, I think their return in this manner is awesome and they couldn't have picked a better time and place to implement them.

You guys throwing out the words "cop out" and "rehash" need to seriously Google up the meaning of these sayings.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-28 at 11:54 PM.