Challenge Mode Gearing: Gear Sheets / Tools

Out of curiosity, has anyone put any work into compiling a "BIS" gear set for attempting Challenge Modes in various Specs? Or does anyone know if any tools exist which would let me say, run my existing character through it to see what their stats would look like after a Challenge Mode dungeon scaled them down to the "baseline"?

I remember someone mentioning the idea of collecting a challenge mode set, comprised mostly / entirely of Ilevel 463 gear, because then you know you wont have to deal with scaling maths to make sure you have the proper stat caps / breakpoints and stuff.

socket/socketbonus and set bonus are not lowered down. so basicly full tierset and gemmed ofc. and then any item at or above 463 with the 2 best stats on it for your spec.

set bonuses are disabled.

I thought there was some wierd stuff with the way they scaled hit / spirit that had an effect on the scaling.

Also, wouldnt scaling potentially mess up things like Haste breakpoints (Ie, if your unscaled set just makes the haste breakpoint for +1 dot / hot tick, scaling it down to 463 would put you under).

Deleted
    Yup, you don't get to keep your haste. Afaik, the only stats you get to keep are hit and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    set bonuses are disabled.
    really? darn when i tryed it they worked like a charm...

Deleted
    1. Gear - supposedly everything above gets downgraded to 463, however... higher ilvls don't seem to get downgraded equally and so higher ilvls do actually give more ilvls after downscaling - but it's by a very small amount so barely worth it
    2. Sha gems get disabled - bugger but the extra quest gem slot doesn't, but this takes a bloody age to get from that 6000 valour questline. So for weapon's, a Sha with an extra meta gem slot is best - but other than that, the normal Sha with 500 gem is only as good as any weapon with the same dps/stat bonus.
    3. Tier sets bonus gets disabled so tier gloves without a gem slot become less useful than than non-tier epic gloves with a slot.
    4. Some raid gear (legs and waist) has 2 gem slots rather than 1 - if you have these pieces and get an ilvl upgrade with 1 slot SAVE THE OLD PIECES!

For instance Legguards of Failing Purification from LFR would be better than a normal tier leg piece because gems don't get de-levelled.

However saying all that - communication, knowing your class, timing interrupts and all that jazz make so much difference than any gear you might pick up. Even more importantly, finding 4 other people like this who are happy to put in the hours with you.

1) Get the highest ilvl piece with Hit and/or expertise. Bonus points for more sockets.
    2) Hit/Exp cap.
    3) Then get Crit, then probably Stamina. Could also go Mastery.
    4) Use Stam flask.
    5) Definitely have at least 1 Stam trinket available.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    1) Get the highest ilvl piece with Hit and/or expertise. Bonus points for more sockets.
    2) Hit/Exp cap.
    3) Then get Crit, then probably Stamina. Could also go Mastery.
    4) Use Stam flask.
    5) Definitely have at least 1 Stam trinket available.
    Wasnt particularly looking at just feral, but thanks for the info.

So Spirit / Hit are unaffected by the scaling? So getting the highest ilevel pieces with spirit / hit on them for boomkin would allow you to squeese a bit of extra item points for hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    So Spirit / Hit are unaffected by the scaling? So getting the highest ilevel pieces with spirit / hit on them for boomkin would allow you to squeese a bit of extra item points for hit?
    No. Instead of taking those points away, it takes more away from other secondary stats to make up for it.

think of it as; they scale everything down to 463, then do a little 'reforging' to make sure you're hit capped (assuming you were capped outside the dungeon).

for boomkin, i would say go for spirit/crit, hit/crit or haste/crit pieces with max sockets. then hit cap. then decide if you want to try maintain some haste cap after the scaling, and work out what you need, or just go max crit.

i don't know if mastery stacking is any good. i've heard the idea being thrown around, but i've not tried it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    socket/socketbonus and set bonus are not lowered down. so basicly full tierset and gemmed ofc. and then any item at or above 463 with the 2 best stats on it for your spec.
    setbonus of tiers do NOT work in CM
    what does work

gems and enchants nothing more food flasks etc to but not tier parts

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    No. Instead of taking those points away, it takes more away from other secondary stats to make up for it.
    think of it as; they scale everything down to 463, then do a little 'reforging' to make sure you're hit capped (assuming you were capped outside the dungeon).
    These two statements are incorrect. Entering a challenge mode dungeon scales down mastery, haste, crit, and spirit. Hit, expertise, and spirit for caster hybrids are completely untouched.

Ex:

Outside of challenge mode:
    ilvl 463 item: 500 hit, 500 crit
    ilvl 522 item: 1000 hit, 1000 crit.

Inside of challenge mode:
    ilvl 463 item: 500 hit, 500 crit
    ilvl 522 item: 1000 hit, 500 crit

---

The bis gear for challenge modes (for dps) would be basically the bis raiding gear for each tier, with small modifications:

a.) This tier for example, you'd use offset gloves for a socket, the mogushan belt for an extra socket as well, and perhaps some other offset pieces for better secondary stats.

b.) An applicable darkmoon trinket is likely bis for every class (maybe not warriors.)

That being said, there's probably less than a 5% difference between a fully rigged bis set vs a full ilvl 463 set including the darkmoon trinket.

The bis gear for tanks would be an optimal threat set. The bis gear for healers would treat spirit as having a value of roughly 0 and reforging and gemming straight dps throughput. Yes, dps.