Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.

Just my 2 cents. Your thoughts?
    Your option 1 seems to be the most likely to me too.... it would open a lot of content for players. Being able to run old stuff at current levels is something a lot of players would like to do I think. Would be nice to see it happen to dungeons and raids....

Caverns of time to your favorite expansion. Step through the portal and suddenly be back at level 60 with awful stat allocation and terrible talent trees.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    It says NEW content. Not old scaled/revamped/whatever.
    For Blizzard words like NEW and SOON don't really have the same meaning as to the rest of the world.

Challenge Mode: Old 5-mans and/or raids.
    They're not scaling the 5-mans up, they're scaling you down. Era-appropriate appearance on new Challenge Mode gear for each expansion's 5-man and/or raid sets upon gold completion.

Really, that's it?
    Yes, that's it. Challenge Modes fill a challenging content gap that players will eventually seek. Add appropriate rewards (titles, achievements, mounts, xmog gear that could include legendary look-alikes) to each expansion and you have a plethora of content people will chase. Yes, all of that is new content. It's new content because it's never been done before and the rewards are brand new.
    Last edited by treehumper; 2013-03-01 at 02:27 PM.

I think many of you guys dont realize what exaclty was said. its new content. not revamped old content or a ability to change faction, cross-faction/cross-server anything or whatever. its content, not a new system, method, or revamping. its NEW

^yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Player housing is never coming to WoW. Ever. MoP was entirely about getting people out of cities into the world. Player housing would get players out of the world, out of cities, into a prison cell they can decorate with crap.

Player housing... desirable if everyone played on like 10 servers, instead of the 246 sparsely populated ones. We have.

Old instance scaling is never coming either.

As for what secret feature, I'm gonna go with a hybrid of Challenge modes and Brawlers guild. Kind of like brawlers guild with a group and a large number of random bosses based on past content.
    News flash , your farm is basically player housing, all they need to do now is make it so people your grouped with end up in the same phasing there ^^ they will expand on this is my guess.

ontopic:
    Classic AV battleground , nah not going to happen :'(
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2013-03-01 at 02:33 PM.

My above post also fulfills the requirements to bring the Character Creation screen Tier 1 recolors into the game as a Challenge Mode reward. Think about it, it's the best way to get people back in the old world when not leveling AND you'd be able to do it with alts, if you so chose, since they're scaling down and not up.

I don't know, but I would do that consistently, especially in a harder Challenge Mode setting.

......they could always split up random ruins for players to control, they rebuild parts of it, then every couple of hours we have a giant battle to control said fortress or take over another one in the style of war on emperium.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it's anything to do with old raids, old LFR's or anything we have atm since they can't really be called 'new content'.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.4:

Introducing Collectible Hairstyles and Ink!
    After years of careful research and focus groups, the Goblin BarberShops have now opened a Tattoo Parlor in their venues. Additionally, there will now be a random selection of daily quests available in the Barber and Tattoo shops that will send the player to one of 300 potential locations (these can be raids, dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas or even locations in the open world itself!) where they will be tasked with finding and defeating special quest NPCs that will allow them to scalp their hair and take it back to the barber for study -- unlocking brand new hairstyles for the player character. Likewise, Tattoo dailies will require you to find examples of cultural inking and photograph it with the all new "Gx32000b Ink Preserver" camera. Turning in these photos will unlock all new Tattoo options for the player to show off their hardcore nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by anjerith View Post
    patch 5.4:

introducing collectible hairstyles and ink!
    after years of careful research and focus groups, the goblin barbershops have now opened a tattoo parlor in their venues. Additionally, there will now be a random selection of daily quests available in the barber and tattoo shops that will send the player to one of 300 potential locations (these can be raids, dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas or even locations in the open world itself!) where they will be tasked with finding and defeating special quest npcs that will allow them to scalp their hair and take it back to the barber for study -- unlocking brand new hairstyles for the player character. Likewise, tattoo dailies will require you to find examples of cultural inking and photograph it with the all new "gx32000b ink preserver" camera. Turning in these photos will unlock all new tattoo options for the player to show off their hardcore nature.
    My name is Mister T and I am a Night Elf MOHAWK!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.
    I would love to see this. But I don't believe that Blizzard can do it "right". Even if they gave it their best shot, some fights would still turn out childishly easy, others insanely hard, due to mechanics changes since Vanilla. It would still be a good overall feature and I'd still run the crap out of Scaled Ulduar.

2. Random Raid Finder. This may not be the feature they're talking about, but will probably be introduced in 5.3. Keep the older MoP raids alive, while giving players extra valor for completing a random raid.
    I honestly think this is a fairly likely addition, but this "unannounced feature" was supposed to be a big giant fun thing, and RRF would not fit that description.

3. Some kind of user created content. Highly unlikely, but had to put it here just in case. I hate to say player housing, because I don't think that fits w/ wow and devs have stated many times they don't like the idea, but something similar is probably to be expected. I honestly thing they are slowly testing the waters for this with sunsong ranch.
    I don't want this.

User-created content, to me, signifies the death of the game. This is what you do to a game when you're done playing it "for real". Highly-restricted situations (decorate your own ranch) would be about as far as they'd go. But "build your own dungeon" might as well be "we give up" as far as I'm concerned.

So of your examples, I think #1 is the most likely. #2 will probably happen eventually.

If I had to guess myself as to a major fun "feature" that gives a lot of new content the last patch...I'd guess...boats WAIT HEAR ME OUT!

Imagine the following:
    -- you are allowed to spend scaling amounts of money in a giant gold sink to buy a boat of varying sizes and, therefore, number of passengers (party/raid).
    -- you are allowed to spend even more money adding things to your boat, such as a food vendor, repair guy, goblin firework launchers or pods of dolphins that follow you.
    -- the devs could create a random island/harbor creation system and use it to make Scenario-like mini-dungeons with monster difficulty based on number of players on your boat when it lands. Randomized monster types combined with randomized geography could make for an enormous number of options.
    -- treasure maps could drop in random lockboxes that, if carried by the ship's captain, add chests to the random isle.
    -- ship-to-ship PvP combat. Avast, ye mateys, Alliance off the starboard bow! Move that jalopy or we'll...well you get the idea.
    -- an obvious lead-in to the South Seas expansion pack.
    -- and the option to chase down the giant squid that f#&$ing ate Neptulon!

It could work! Really!

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    This was my first thought too. Not just to challenge modes though, and maybe automatic item scaling so if a group of 90's queue for Wailing Caverns all the loot will be tuned to 90, as well as the mobs.
    Exactly. You will que for a random legacy dungeon.. when the que pops, everyone will be set to the appropriate level and have gear scaled to that level. The reward drops will be the same, so purely for transmorg.

We have a lot of hints so far. GC said that a lot of people will go ´no big deal´ when it is announced. This is certainly true in the case above as anyone not wanting transmorg gear or not wanting to run ´useless´ dungeons will probably not be that excited about it. The other BIG hint just now is that the new feature will open up a lot of content... The only way that can happen is if it is old content.

It is simply a combination of the new pvp queing system for leveling characters ( everyone gets set to a specific level) combined with challenge mods. I think the only question mark (at least in my mind) is if this will work as a random queue system ala battlegrounds, of if players will have to pre-form groups ala challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treehumper View Post
    My name is Mister T and I am a Night Elf MOHAWK!
    That would be Hogger, see how awesome this system is?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    then every couple of hours we have a giant battle to control said fortress or take over another one in the style of war on emperium.
    Kudos for mentioning WoE, it made clicking on this thread worth it. I could definitely get behind an idea in this vein.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking Blizzard here, revamps are also considered new Not saying it can't be 100% new stuff, but not saying it's guaranteed to be either :')
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Interesting....how did you get my name on that quote?
    Did you edit your post?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

None of the OP's suggestions except user created content is actually "new content." So I would disagree. If I had to guess it might be housing. Considering how the farm stuff came along, would be just a matter of picking one or more locations in Azeroth to be phased for housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    We have a lot of hints so far. GC said that a lot of people will go ´no big deal´ when it is announced. This is certainly true in the case above as anyone not wanting transmorg gear or not wanting to run ´useless´ dungeons will probably not be that excited about it. The other BIG hint just now is that the new feature will open up a lot of content... The only way that can happen is if it is old content.
    Ok two is not "a lot of hints," and neither of those things are even remotely relatable. Also, the 'only way [a lot of new content] can happen is if it is old content' is a big, fat joke. Are you serious? We aren't getting a lot of new content in 5.2 that isn't just recycled old content?

>.<
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-03-01 at 03:02 PM.

Onyxia in Wotlk was also new content, as well as Zul Gurub, Zul Aman etc. That's why it's going to be old dungeon scaling.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The grand opening of the Gallywix Pleasure Palace.
    oh please let this happen!