Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

"Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief."

"Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally he would be my choice for warchief if given the opportunity. I believe he is a strong, capable leader.

Plus I think people shouldn't get stuck up on the notion of Warcraft being about Orcs vs. Humans or the Horde being a race of barbarians and savages, along with the mantle of warchief being exclusive to an Orc. Though it has its roots in these types of warrior cultures the Horde has become so much more since then.
    Last edited by Silver-Fox; 2013-03-01 at 04:22 PM.

I think Blizzard wants to push him as a candidate for Warchief, but ultimately it will fall to someone a bit more...tribal to actually lead the Horde. Pretty much the only races that can pull it off are Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren. Mok'nathal probably could too but the only Mok'nathal of any real significance in the lore happens to be practically defined by a distrust of civilization and politics.

Personally I'm hoping Vol'jin becomes Warchief. Perhaps he'll help Lor'themar out of a tight spot, and Lor'themar will end up being the one to nominate Vol'jin for the position of Warchief. Thrall will subsequently endorse this nomination on the grounds that Vol'jin saw Garrosh for what he was before anyone else was willing to admit it. Lor'themar would then move on to become the Horde's de facto second in command.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not exactly hard confirmation though. Most of the Horde leaders (Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, Theron) have realistic shots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    Plus I think people shouldn't get stuck up on the notion of Warcraft being about Orcs vs. Humans or the Horde being a race of barbarians and savages, along with the mantle of warchief being exclusive to an Orc.
    I don't think as a business it's wise to throw away the core aspect of your video game. It's too big a risk for too small a reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I see it as just a great move to fire up the rumor mill. I expect even more Faction leaders to be dragged into the spotlight as potential successor.
    That's what I hope to happen, because that makes the whole situation exciting.
    Blizzard plays with the people's emotions. They toss out hints left and right, keeping us busy and occupied with the guessing game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think we have so many "potential future warchiefs" what were going to end up with none. They're either going to settle a council distributing the power more evenly or (fingers crossed) going to have some crazy ass civil war in the struggle for power. I bet the next expac's big theme will be the Horde's inner fighting to decide on a new ruler while Sylvanas enjoy her newfound freedom to wreck havoc while the Alliance's unity starts to shake with Jaina descending further into madness, contradicting Varian at every turn. Can't have the Alliance being too peaceful either after all.
    Last edited by Galbrei; 2013-03-01 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I think Blizzard wants to push him as a candidate for Warchief, but ultimately it will fall to someone a bit more...tribal to actually lead the Horde. Pretty much the only races that can pull it off are Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren. Mok'nathal probably could too but the only Mok'nathal of any real significance in the lore happens to be practically defined by a distrust of civilization and politics.

Personally I'm hoping Vol'jin becomes Warchief. Perhaps he'll help Lor'themar out of a tight spot, and Lor'themar will end up being the one to nominate Vol'jin for the position of Warchief. Thrall will subsequently endorse this nomination on the grounds that Vol'jin saw Garrosh for what he was before anyone else was willing to admit it. Lor'themar would then move on to become the Horde's de facto second in command.
    Its a tradition.
    Although i wouldn't mind another racial leader as Warchief, but i just can't see Lor'themar as Warchief material for the Horde.
    He's a great leader nonetheless, but i think Vol'Jin is far more suited to be the next Warchief.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting promoted from a regent to warchief of the horde... wait wut?

I would love to see Lor't in WC... It would be a big change, since orgrimmar will be destroyed and the horde needs to repair or move of Orgrimmar..
    Vol'jin is great and Baine is good as well.. i WANT Lor'themar as WC but I GUESS that Vol'jin woll take it... Btw, One of Alliance Leader shall go to the hell with Garrosh... Really hoping that'll be Variann (he sucks)

Now just replace Varian with Tyrande, and instead of humans vs orcs, we finally get night elves vs blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    Personally he would be my choice for warchief if given the opportunity. I believe he is a strong, capable leader.

Plus I think people shouldn't get stuck up on the notion of Warcraft being about Orcs vs. Humans or the Horde being a race of barbarians and savages, along with the mantle of warchief being exclusive to an Orc. Though it has its roots in these types of warrior cultures the Horde has become so much more since then.
    I agree, also i think Lorthemar is capable of being the Warchief because one he was part of the Alliance and then the Horde so he understand both faction very well, and he knows when is time for war and when is time for peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single interview with Blizzard about lore/story have had some sort of recognition/inquirie about Lor'Themar Theron and Blood Elves role within the Horde, look at WoW Insider's interview with Dave Kosak for example.

Blizzard should just give the fans what they want and delete all the other 5 Horde races, maybe replace them with BC-model Blood Elf, High Elf, Blood Elf with Red Eyes, Wretched and a new "Corrupted Female Draenei" race with twice as much waggle. The reality now is that players don't care/appreciate Orc story anymore, and if it's ugly, its apparently uninteresting.

Honestly, I question how much the phrase "orcs vs. humans" resonates to people, nearly 20 years later, playing World of Warcraft as an indispensable reason why they play that MUST be represented through faction leadership in a game that includes 11 playable races, one of which can play on either side. I think as rationalizations go for why Lor'themar can't be Warchief, it's not bad, but it also falls apart the second any of the same people might concede that Baine or Vol'jin would be suitable Warchiefs.

EDIT: And while Lor'themar isn't the King of Quel'thalas, nobody has a better claim to it than the last lawfully named Regent of the last scion of its only ever ruling dynasty. Sometimes rule passes in such ways; lines end.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2013-03-01 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have been following his development in 5.1, upcoming 5.2 and basicly on past books, you'd know that hes more than a capable leader, as a matter of fact, hes probably one of the most dedicated Leaders not only to his people, but to the Horde as a whole (see patch 5.2, wont say more). I dont really know who the Warchief is goin to be, and thats the idea Blizzard likes to keep people guessing and in suspense. Hes development doesn't really mean hes goin to be Warchief, it just means that they are trying to portrait him as a Strong and capable leader, which is obviously working, and in the process it keeps people guessing, which a huge part of what they want to acomplish.

Deleted
    Meh, Horde with a non-orc warchief is like Great Britain with a black queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's not exactly hard confirmation though. Most of the Horde leaders (Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, Theron) have realistic shots.
    What is this, American Idol? of course they've got everything planned out. how else could they have the foreshadowing and payoff and other rhetorical devices they've been using?

I'd love it if he did end up as warchief, but I'm not gonna cross my fingers.

Still, he'd get my vote! It'd be awesome to see the Horde with a different type of leader for once. Think of all the juicy conflict and cool new dynamics he'd bring over someone like Baine or the troll guy.

I dislike the idea of an Elf leading the Horde, they're too civilised and are basically the "odd one out" of the Horde. I prefer the Horde being brutal and tribal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I dislike the idea of an Elf leading the Horde, they're too civilised and are basically the "odd one out" of the Horde. I prefer the Horde being brutal and tribal.
    This. Not to mention the actual question was "Will we ever see more Draenei/Blood Elf story?" And Dave Kosak said that he felt patch 5.1 and 5.2 needed to have BEs because only about 1/10 players actually knew who the leader was "Now with 5.1 and 5.2, people can see that Blood Elves DO in fact have a leader, and hes pretty awesome, and they see him as a strong leader and perhaps potential warchief" then he goes on with the Draenei.

People are grasping at straws here because Blood Elf fanboyism runs rampant in MMO-C. Purge of Dalaran thread about Sunreavers being good or bad had over 100 pages, a thread about any other race would last a day at most.