Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

So they want it to be a certain level of rare/common (however you want to look at it), just the tome itself. But then they don't want people to get screwed by bad rng (since we know it will average out with some folks getting one their very first mob kill, and some who -- say the drop chance is 1/100, but they kill 1000 and don't get it).

Sounds good to me.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Don't forget that the mobs on the new island also have the chance to drop the Key to run the Solo Scenario, and ofc Black Prince rep. So grinding mobs for the Tome isn't really that bad.

"The Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion for the Warlock green fire quest will be a rare drop from the new rare spawns, bosses, and mobs on the Isle of Thunder. Later patches will likely increase the drop rate so that unlucky Warlocks will be able to get it."

In my opinion, the unlucky Warlocks are those who looked forward to it and found out that it was not worth that expectation, me included to that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it only drop for Warlocks or can any class loot one to sell or send to their lock?

Deleted
    any class can loot one. Thats part of the gripe people have with the tome is because it's BoE so expect to see some of massive prices on the AH soon after the patch hits. I think it was so that if one drops for you while on an alt you can mail it to your lock instead of having it essentially wasted, but personally i think BoA would've been a better approach.

As for myself, i'll be on that island all of my online time killing anything that moves until the tome drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    any class can loot one. Thats part of the gripe people have with the tome is because it's BoE so expect to see some of massive prices on the AH soon after the patch hits. I think it was so that if one drops for you while on an alt you can mail it to your lock instead of having it essentially wasted, but personally i think BoA would've been a better approach.

As for myself, i'll be on that island all of my online time killing anything that moves until the tome drops.
    I've just been rather frugal for the past few months :3

Deleted
    Yeah my grubby little heart is full of greed so i'll admit, i'm going to be sorely tempted to sell off the first one that drops. As much as i want green fire i think i want a big pile of gold slightly more :P

how do you get past the guards in the scenario?

Deleted
    Go near one of the slaves, it will alert their guard and you just sneak past him without entering his circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Go near one of the slaves, it will alert their guard and you just sneak past him without entering his circle.
    huh...I just seduced them with a succy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    how do you get past the guards in the scenario?
    its not that hard just use eye of kilrog with the new glyph to drop portals to get past everything
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    huh...I just seduced them with a succy....
    Me too, much simpler, and fool proof.

Thumbs up Green Fire ... How to get it?

There has been lots of talk about the Warlock quest line but I can't seem to find a few facts I'd like to know before tomorrow:

which mobs drop the quest item?

Where are these mobs? A map would be amazing if anyone has one or could make one?

Can any class loot it?

Can it be sold on the AH?

I can't be the only Lock that would like to know this so rather than it get lost in the general green fire topic I thought I'd start a thread just to discuss where to get the quest item to start it from, hope that's ok :-)
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Isle of Thunder mobs, rares and summonable rares drop it.

So any mob or only rares?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Yes! mages and priests can get the warlock quest too!! GReeeen fire all over the PLaaaaace!

You remind me of a girl I use to know when I played SWG for something she once said. "I don't play games to read." She said it after asking a really stupid question that would have been answered had she read the quest text.

There is a full description of the Green Fire chain ON THE FRONT PAGE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    Isle of Thunder mobs, rares and summonable rares drop it.
    So the weird Infernals in Towlong Steppes will no longer drop the item, as it was on the PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    So the weird Infernals in Towlong Steppes will no longer drop the item, as it was on the PTR?
    They were there just so we could test the quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woly View Post
    They were there just so we could test the quest chain.
    Oh alright, thanks. For some reason after all the notes from the patch i assumed those infernals would make it to live, but would have lower drop rate than the mobs on the island...