Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    What the hell you guys saying Ret is WORST DPS? Its actually very nice damage compared to many other specs. Seems like rets just want to cry if they arent top DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I know very well what it is and it's still OP. No other tank will survive a boss enrage even if they use their last stand ability.
    DK? Dps warrior (not all bosses)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukitama View Post
    Worst Healer is definitely Holy Priest (why arent they Disc?!)
    Worst Tank is a lot harder because as someone mentioned earlier, it can depend on the mechanics of the fight.
    Worst dps I want to say Enhance Shamans ONLY because I never see people play them properly. Just go elemental if you cant play enhance well.
    I love enh and could kick it out big time on mine back in 4.3, but decided to go mage, otherwise I would probably be dpsing on it now, high burst, free chain heal/rain if needed, good solid burst damage, though the changes to the totems do make it more lightweight now.
    For gear melee weakest feels like rogue in 5.1, but that may change in 5.2 (hopefully) rather than enh shaman

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    What the hell you guys saying Ret is WORST DPS? Its actually very nice damage compared to many other specs. Seems like rets just want to cry if they arent top DPS.
    TBH, apart from a weekend back at the end of TBC, I havent seen too many OP ret, it was almost as though blizzard said "Oops, we have given Pallys a third viable spec, better take that away from them..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    monk tanks

maybe because people are still learning them and they are a new class that hasn't had years of balancing like other tanks, but I find they take alot more damage than other classes.
    Just no. People haven't figured out how to play them yet. When I tank heroic spirit kings I soak the massive attack myself as well as every other boss for the majority of the time and take less dmg than the other tank (bear) who is great at what he does! Monks are beastly in the right hands.

Prot Pally, Resto Shaman, Ret Pally.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-03-02 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    Just no. People haven't figured out how to play them yet. When I tank heroic spirit kings I soak the massive attack myself as well as every other boss for the majority of the time and take less dmg than the other tank (bear) who is great at what he does! Monks are beastly in the right hands.
    We have been using the solo tank tactic on spirit kings HC since day 1 aswell.

Protection paladin eating all the cleaves alone from the pull to first boss dead. He also eats all the annihilates and doesnt bother moving from the flanking orders. Really, not that impressive, you just have to use your cds properly.

Deleted
    Guardian Druids are bad?
    I lol in your face. I MS Guardian and I have to say, I'm OP.

In hero pull fights I HoTW wrath spam with Spell weapon and pull like 200k dps for 40 seconds.
    Nature's Swiftness for instant CR in bear form, or instant 100k support heal on random raid member, or instant root on add in Lei Shi HC.
    Stampeding roar is a pretty nice CD to use on certain fights.
    Savage Defense is insanely OP on Sha/Will.
    HoTW Tranq and Rejuv blanket is massive raid healing CD. Tranq outheals a Resto Druid Tree/NV Tranq. - Blade Lord Heroic anyone?
    We have on of the highest dps for off tank when 0 vengeance.
    Tooth and Claw debuffing boss for your MT.

Sure I'm biased, but those of you saying they're crap clearly haven't played with a decent one. *blows trumpet*

The healers in the worst state in this tier are most likely holy priests, and after that druids.

Worst dps is very debateable, it really depends on the player in this case.

On the topic of tanks a whole book can be written. However, I feel as if currently there are no real weak tanks. What do you want your tanks to have?
    - dps offtanking? Pick a druid, certainly not a paladin
    - the best maintank probably is a paladin, the most allround tank with the best vengeance-scaling abilities(both damage and passive self and raidhealing)
    I can go on with this one, but 2 different situations show 2 totally different answers

I think every situation has a different best tank, and that's why no guild has a prefered setup. We're very happy with our bear, our warrior and our offspec dk, while my own prot offspec also feels very strong. I guess there isnt a clear "class X is so much better/worse" like dk's happened to be in T13/11.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    We have been using the solo tank tactic on spirit kings HC since day 1 aswell.

Protection paladin eating all the cleaves alone from the pull to first boss dead. He also eats all the annihilates and doesnt bother moving from the flanking orders. Really, not that impressive, you just have to use your cds properly.
    Thank you for that, Captain 1up-er, but you seem to have missed the point. Not tooting horns, simply stating that all the Brewmaster hatred is due to lack of decent players.

Deleted
    Thank you for that, Captain 1up-er, but you seem to have missed the point. Not tooting horns, simply stating that all the Brewmaster hatred is due to lack of decent players.
    Yeah but you made it sound like it was something special about BRMs, any tank class can do that.

With equally skilled tanks, monks fall behind most other tank classes, depending on fight ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our bear tried soaking it with me and would take way too much damage, as did our pally. Monks seem the logical choice for this since they take almost no damage between guard, dampen harm, purifying brew, and flat out avoiding it. Obviously other tanks work though, as you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    Guardian Druids are bad?
    I lol in your face. I MS Guardian and I have to say, I'm OP.

In hero pull fights I HoTW wrath spam with Spell weapon and pull like 200k dps for 40 seconds.
    Nature's Swiftness for instant CR in bear form, or instant 100k support heal on random raid member, or instant root on add in Lei Shi HC.
    Stampeding roar is a pretty nice CD to use on certain fights.
    Savage Defense is insanely OP on Sha/Will.
    HoTW Tranq and Rejuv blanket is massive raid healing CD. Tranq outheals a Resto Druid Tree/NV Tranq. - Blade Lord Heroic anyone?
    We have on of the highest dps for off tank when 0 vengeance.
    Tooth and Claw debuffing boss for your MT.

Sure I'm biased, but those of you saying they're crap clearly haven't played with a decent one. *blows trumpet*
    Agreed. Our guardian tank is op, he never dies or even gets close to dying. I haven't seen any tank with a better survivability so far.

Druids are apparently a hard class to play.(excluding resto) Seeing all these people call boomkins and guardian druids bad just makes me wonder how our boomkin is always one of our top dps and how I often fail to get a rapture proc off our guardian druid because he simply doesn't take damage..
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-03-02 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Our bear tried soaking it with me and would take way too much damage, as did our pally. Monks seem the logical choice for this since they take almost no damage between guard, dampen harm, purifying brew, and flat out avoiding it. Obviously other tanks work though, as you've said.
    A paladin can solo soak it using nothing but his normal rotation. As long as he time SotR with the hits he wont ever even need to use a cd.

If the paladin died there is likely a huge skill difference between you two.