Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad they "acknowledge" this because it isn't true. They aren't mandatory at all. You don't need to spend the VP or JP and there are ways to unlocking some factions rep item without doing dailies.

When MoP first went live this just wasn't true. It took them changing rep requirements on the different items, adding in increased rep modifiers and a new set of gear that was extremely easy to get. Now sure if you were a top 1% raider then it was not mandatory at all, maybe not even needed for a single item. The gating at the start of MoP was horrible. They did it with gear, rep to get into different daily zones and in the 3 raids. It was like the worst of all gating in the past smashed together for the superstorm clusterfuck of gating.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of people saying that they get progression-locked. My group downed stuff in MV with full 463s (and sha boots).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Yeah, they realized now of what we have been telling them for 5 months, but they dont give viable alternatives.

750 rep for one faction only a day is a joke, they are again mocking their playerbase like with the L2P blog.

They splitted the reputation in 5.2, but for new players, the old reps are still very much forced, and there are no viable alternatives.

They also refuse to provide alternatives for the charms (low chance on pet battles is not a viable alternative) so dailies will still be mandatory in 5.2.

At least they know realize ther is a problem, even when they are incapable of giving viable alternatives to fix it.
    So would you like me to roll out the silver platter with a full gear set on it ?? Thats what it sounds like your asking Blizzard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Key word there is WANT, nothing in this game is mandatory it is all in what you WANT to do.
    Its all because there a subscription people demand everything nowadays, Blizzard should drop the sub and than people will not be able to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    They may have felt mandatory, they sure as hell were optional, like all other content in WoW.
    I wanna sig this, its so true.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Really sick of seeing this argument. The fact is, if you don't do dailies to unlock valor gear, you get gear locked and your character progression comes to a grinding halt.

Let's take dungeons for example. The highest ilvl you can obtain off dungeons is 463. Then, you're left to grind LFR MSV for *months* (unless the rng gods just lay a golden brick on you) to reach 470 to queue for the remaining LFR raids.

So, as a result, you're looking at grinding for PvP gear and/or spending 20-35k (sever prices may vary) for BoE pieces to fill in the slots you need as just acquiring the Sha boots and Klaxxi neck aren't going to cut it.

Blizzard acknowledged this because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.
    An I'm sick of this arguement in general. Why are you playing an MMO? Why do you play if you don't want to put in any effort??, would you like me to roll out the silver platter like Wrath & Catacylsm had ???
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-01 at 06:13 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The only thing they acknowledged is that they overestimated players' ability and/or willingness to regulate their own play time and evaluate the benefits of their efforts. Anyone who's not in a hardcore raiding guild that says dailies are "mandatory" are full of crap, and the hardcore raiders finished their dailies in the third week of the expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it is what it feels like...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Glad they acknowledged this, now get on with other business and make the first 7 randoms give 80 valor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I noticed that they are finally acknowledging that dailies are too forced.

"Mists of Pandaria set out to provide lots of things for you to do, but daily quests ended up feeling more mandatory than they wanted. The Patch 5.2 daily quests feel less mandatory."

Off main page.

It's sad and frustrating though because it took months of people bitching and complaining and they just defended it by saying 'you don't have to do dailies'. Yes you did because it's the only way to spend the damn JP/VP. Unreal. They didn't lose me personally, but I know a lot of players just in my guild/on my server who quit over the bullshit reputation grinds.
    No. You were VP locked at 1000 per week so realistically if you wanted the reputation gear you didn't need to do more than 1-2 reputations at a time. So that's 5-10 dailies per day and even then you could skip a day and be fine. Idiots are doing every single reputation available per day and crying about it while they sit VP capped for 3 weeks unable to buy anything.

I think that when 5.2 comes out that all the entry level reputation's dailies should have their rep reward increased, including the commendations. Perhaps near the end of that patch, or after all bosses have been cleared. That way those reputations don't give access to "easy" gear.

But with LFR and LFD, reputations didn't need to be mandatory. It only allowed those that were/are more dedicated to gear faster. But that's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    So would you like me to roll out the silver platter with a full gear set on it ?? Thats what it sounds like your asking Blizzard to do?

Its all because there a subscription people demand everything nowadays, Blizzard should drop the sub and than people will not be able to complain.

I wanna sig this, its so true.
    Personally I would love for them to drop the sub fee and make this game a challenge and fun again, as it stands the easy mode crap has led to bad players who like to stand in stuff, it's getting to the point that 3/4 of my raid team myself included are about to call it quits because we can't find good players who put out good dps and don't stand in stuff.

This entitlement crap needs to end and fast before people who share my same thoughts on the state of the game up and leave, most of my realid friends are gone, 2 guilds I was in are all but dead........it's sad that a game I could go log into knowing we were going to get something done and have it be a challenge as well is no more, replaced with LFR heroes and entitled brats.

The majority of heroic gear and the scenario box only give up to item level 463. The epic 476 items have less than 0.1% chance of dropping.

You will only reach Honored with Klaxxi if you do all the Dread Wastes quests without any heirlooms or guild perks. But you can buy the 476 necklace for 1250 valor points at Honored from them.

I was able to meet the first LFR barrier of item level 460 doing only heroics. But unless I wanted to wait once a week for my shot at the LFR slot machine and hope it put me over 470, I had to do some dailies.

I did the Dominance Offensive until I reached Honored, which allowed me to buy a 496 ring for 1250 valor. Incidentally, doing the dailies also brought me nearby some silver elite rare mobs in the Alliance base, and one of them dropped a 496 PVP trinket. I bought a 476 robe and gloves from the AH for about 5000 gold. I crafted an offhand 476 with Inscription, and was lucky enough to get a 476 main hand and cloak from the 460 LFR. All in total, it barely let me meet the 470 requirement for the rest of LFR.

If I had not done the dailies in Krasarang, or gotten hella lucky with finding that useless trinket, it would have been effectively impossible to gear up. So yeah, dailies were basically essential for me to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    When MoP first went live this just wasn't true. It took them changing rep requirements on the different items, adding in increased rep modifiers and a new set of gear that was extremely easy to get. Now sure if you were a top 1% raider then it was not mandatory at all, maybe not even needed for a single item. The gating at the start of MoP was horrible. They did it with gear, rep to get into different daily zones and in the 3 raids. It was like the worst of all gating in the past smashed together for the superstorm clusterfuck of gating.
    I don't know what to tell you if you think this was worse than past gating. You're probably so used to quick valor epics and easy LFR drops that the idea of playing in vanilla or TBC when it was much much harder to gear up in epics is hard to picture.

Having to do a Heroic Shattered Halls speed run in crap gear was gating. Getting ilvl 470 is a bit of a joke in comparison.

Not that I particularly enjoyed the casual-unfriendliness of vanilla/TBC. But all this "OMG, this is the worst it's ever been" crying is silly.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza View Post
    The majority of heroic gear and the scenario box only give up to item level 463. The epic 476 items have less than 0.1% chance of dropping.

You will only reach Honored with Klaxxi if you do all the Dread Wastes quests without any heirlooms or guild perks. But you can buy the 476 necklace for 1250 valor points at Honored from them.

I was able to meet the first LFR barrier of item level 460 doing only heroics. But unless I wanted to wait once a week for my shot at the LFR slot machine and hope it put me over 470, I had to do some dailies.

I did the Dominance Offensive until I reached Honored, which allowed me to buy a 496 ring for 1250 valor. Incidentally, doing the dailies also brought me nearby some silver elite rare mobs in the Alliance base, and one of them dropped a 496 PVP trinket. I bought a 476 robe and gloves from the AH for about 5000 gold. I crafted an offhand 476 with Inscription, and was lucky enough to get a 476 main hand and cloak from the 460 LFR. All in total, it barely let me meet the 470 requirement for the rest of LFR.

If I had not done the dailies in Krasarang, or gotten hella lucky with finding that useless trinket, it would have been effectively impossible to gear up. So yeah, dailies were basically essential for me to play.
    Effectively impossible? Please. There are threads on this very forum on how to hit 470 without dailies. And many of those threads were written before 5.1.

Please stop with the hyperbole. "Effectively impossible". Lol.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-03-01 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The only thing they acknowledged is that they overestimated players' ability and/or willingness to regulate their own play time and evaluate the benefits of their efforts. Anyone who's not in a hardcore raiding guild that says dailies are "mandatory" are full of crap, and the hardcore raiders finished their dailies in the third week of the expansion.
    It's these people - the players not quite at the cutting edge of raid progression - who made the loudest noise because they felt the biggest burnout. As you said, the HC raiders making progress quickly went past needing rep for the VP gear and the more "casual" players could take their time unlocking the rep and currency for the VP gear, but the guys sandwiched in between who did raid but didn't have the progression which invalidated the 489 gear as an upgrade choice felt as if they had to go and go the dailys on top of their raiding progression . You will get no argument from me that the dailys were not "mandatory" but at the same time the new, flexible approach to gear progression that Blizzard offerred us this xpac clearly failed for a large sub-section of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Personally I would love for them to drop the sub fee and make this game a challenge and fun again, as it stands the easy mode crap has led to bad players who like to stand in stuff, it's getting to the point that 3/4 of my raid team myself included are about to call it quits because we can't find good players who put out good dps and don't stand in stuff.

This entitlement crap needs to end and fast before people who share my same thoughts on the state of the game up and leave, most of my realid friends are gone, 2 guilds I was in are all but dead........it's sad that a game I could go log into knowing we were going to get something done and have it be a challenge as well is no more, replaced with LFR heroes and entitled brats.
    Are minds think a like good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Indeed. :S
    Amen good sir, the Lore is the basically the only thing that keeps me playing.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-01 at 06:19 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I just hate the fact, that the whole time of Cata, spent in fighting with devs, is just wasted now, cuz we have to begin this fight again from scratch. I have no forces any more for further fighting, so I'll better quit and find something, that gives me fun, I have payed for, instead of exploiting me. I just reconcile with the fact, that this game isn't for me. And if devs want to lose 90% of their playerbase - that's their choice.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Really sick of seeing this argument. The fact is, if you don't do dailies to unlock valor gear, you get gear locked and your character progression comes to a grinding halt.

Let's take dungeons for example. The highest ilvl you can obtain off dungeons is 463. Then, you're left to grind LFR MSV for *months* (unless the rng gods just lay a golden brick on you) to reach 470 to queue for the remaining LFR raids.

So, as a result, you're looking at grinding for PvP gear and/or spending 20-35k (sever prices may vary) for BoE pieces to fill in the slots you need as just acquiring the Sha boots and Klaxxi neck aren't going to cut it.

Blizzard acknowledged this because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.

So why was I able to progress through raids without doing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because of daily and as I can see, WoW isnt better yet... I hate questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hit 470 by doing Sha and getting legs + guaranteed boots. Then I did my heroic for 463 items. Bought the darkmoon trinket and entered LFR. I started this my second week of being 90 after buying MOP less than a month ago.

Got a few reputations to revered but decided to hold my VP instead of spending it because 5.2 is here. I spend far less time in the game than I did in previous expansions so I really don't understand this mandatory crap. It's more like "mandatory because I have no self control over not doing every daily in the game now that the cap was lifted" mandatory. In that case, yes they are mandatory.

Not really sure why anyone is surprised... this is textbook Blizzard.

They blindly defend their Devs for months, refusing to believe anything that is said on the forums.... then suddenly (a long time later) they admit that the customers were right, and they will try to fix their mistakes in the future...

which leads to future mistakes (often the same ones they did in previous expansions), which they blindly defend for months, refusing to believe anything that is said on the forums.... then suddenly (a long time later) they admit they were wrong.

There were very good rewards from dailies in the past, that didn't make them feel "mandatory" to everyone. People got used to being able to be a cutting edge hardcore player while playing 2 hours a week, that's all.

The dailies weren't that bad, if you just went and did them properly you were completely done within 3-4 weeks.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO what should have been done:
    -Valor/Justice gear unlocks at Honored (not hard to get at all).
    -Cost reduction at revered and exalted.
    -Dungeon 'championing' from the start.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA