To Upgrade or Not To Upgrade

I just got the normal version of Jin'ya and got my crystalized gem in it.

the other weapon i have is the Elite dagger from Protector and normal offhand from Feng.

is it worth upgrading before 5.2 drops on tuesday?
    [ -] <(-.-v) GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Skysinge View Post
    I just got the normal version of Jin'ya and got my crystalized gem in it.

the other weapon i have is the Elite dagger from Protector and normal offhand from Feng.

is it worth upgrading before 5.2 drops on tuesday?
    Probably not, as the new stuff is 522, and the valor gear is good. But, it's ultimately up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, I was looking at my Heroic Jin'ya, and with Socket + Sha + 2/2 Upgrade it is just barely better that a 522 (14 stat points). I'd go ahead and save your valor for items.

Skysinge, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to help since I've been buried in 5.2 data for a couple weeks! The upgraded normal sha-touched weapon can actually last you a while. You see, the legendary gem can only go in sha-touched weapons - it can't go in Throne of Thunder weapon drops. That gives it a bit of an edge for a while. I have more info in this section of my 5.2 blog post.

Also, if you give me your character name and realm, I can look up the best way to spend valor for you. 5.2 items aren't live on AskMrRobot.com yet, but I have them all on my local server for testing. Happy to give you a screenshot of how your weapon compares to 5.2 valor options
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

trinkets in 5.2 are really good.

And the new gear ilvl even in lfr is too high to waste the valor like that.