Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    because the gear bottleneck must be an obvious eyesore from their overall player participation data.
    Especially outside of LFR. I'd wager the participation difference was massive between the two, if only because of that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    And in order to get the super epic shoulder enchants I need to do inscription, should I cry about that until they make it so everyone can get it? To get certain things in a game you need to do certain things, stop asking for hand outs and either get what you WANT or don't.........it's not mandatory that you have them, you can still make money on the AH with enchants that are not behind rep.
    Don't conflate my comments. They were in direct response to someone who was talking about getting enchants done, as opposed to getting the actual enchanting patterns.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Let's see...........I don't do dailies, I raid, I get my gear, I throw money at Blizzard, honestly the biggest thing making me consider quitting after 8 years of playing is the players, between the racists and homophobes and the people who want everything handed to them it's becoming almost intolerable.
    The only people claiming people want handouts are you and that other guy, despite the fact that nobody in this thread is asking for handouts. On top of which, doing rep grinds is, in fact, working for their gear. I realize that some people have an issue with the fact that people can get gear from sources other than dungeons and raids but they can get over themselves.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Does Molten Front have top of the line, relevant to level 90 tailoring patterns?

Why yes, it does. The patterns for the largest gem, inscription, and mining bags currently in the game require Molten Front unlock. I guess that means Molten Front is required for all leatherworkers and tailors in your definition, right?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL so good. So fucking good. Oh that's so rich. Feels warm like a hot cocoa on a snow day or your first shot of bourbon. This calls for some steelie dan and a victory drink.

Now of course the apologists will simple move their positions to agree with Blizzard instead of being mad and fired up as hell that Blizzard abandoned it's vision about dailies. Quick question do the dailies still have gear? Or what's going on with them? They said it feels less mandatory. Does it actually or is that just horse shit? I wanted to resub and the patch comes out soon I think.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-01 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Amazing how people get so defensive about this that they'll go so far as to break out dictionary definitions instead of understanding that everything doesn't have to be so literal. In this case, it's 100% true. If that's the case, nothing is mandatory except paying your subscription to play, right? Stupidest excuse I've seen in a long time.

My profession becomes gimped if I don't have these patterns. In order for my profession to NOT be gimped, it becomes mandatory for me to do dailies in order to get the best enchanting patterns. Otherwise, my profession becomes useless and I may as well not have it. So, in summation, in order for enchanting to be the most useful, dailies are mandatory.
    So I guess in your view Cata made it mandatory for you to spend massive amounts of gold on the AH to buy the wrist enchant recipes, right? You do remember where wrist enchants in Cata came from, don't you?

Look first Blizzard hasn't really said that dailys are mandatory...

They said ''players felt like if dailys are mandatory'' thats a huge difference.

Blizzard always said that you don't have to do dailys the only difference is that those that do will get gear faster then those that don't. I've been doing dailys and and most of the gear I've gotten is from the bonus rolls (lfr and normal modes), but on the other hand I also have a alt which I don't do dailys with and I've noticed that it takes longer to gear her up.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Look first Blizzard hasn't really said that dailys are mandatory...

They said ''players felt like if dailys are mandatory'' thats a huge difference.

Blizzard always said that you don't have to do dailys the only difference is that those that do will get gear faster then those that don't. I've been doing dailys and and most of the gear I've gotten is from the bonus rolls (lfr and normal modes), but on the other hand I also have a alt which I don't do dailys with and I've noticed that it takes longer to gear her up.
    They say it feels that way because it really does feel that way because guess what IT REALLY IS. Or you adopt the position that nothing in this game is mandatory. Showing up with gems or enchants, not mandatory. Showing up to raid at all not mandatory. Pvp not mandatory. Logging in not mandatory. Paying a sub not mandatory. Nothing about this fucking game is mandatory when you think about it. Doesn't mean dailies weren't poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    They say it feels that way because it really does feel that way because guess what IT REALLY IS. Or you adopt the position that nothing in this game is mandatory. Showing up with gems or enchants, not mandatory. Showing up to raid at all not mandatory. Pvp not mandatory. Logging in not mandatory. Paying a sub not mandatory. Nothing about this fucking game is mandatory when you think about it. Doesn't mean dailies weren't poor design.
    Dailies in MoP were significantly better designed than the dailies in WotLK. People didn't really complain back then....

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Dailies in MoP were significantly better designed than the dailies in WotLK.
    Lol what you mean to say is that they had significantly better reward. The design is more or less the same minus the cap. In other words they were designed to feel compelling, so compelling that they became mandatory.

Lol what you mean to say is that they had significantly better reward. The design is more or less the same minus the cap. In other words they were designed to feel compelling, so compelling that they became mandatory.
    Except that you get gear at Honored in MoP. So it is significantly faster to get a good chunk of the gear.

Deleted
    I play in a 10man progress oriented guild. We are not hardcore but we are more than 10 players and if I dont do more or at least as much as the other players then I wont get picked for progress raids. Especially in the beginning "doing as much as you can" meant grinding rep like theres no tomorrow because it was easily accessible while it gave fairly high rewards in comparison and most importantly you could plan ahead and you knew exactly when you will get a certain item. So yeah, in my opinion dailies were absolutely mandatory and even worse there were too many of them. G-Lotus and its 12-15 quests that only give like 100 rep per quest and you need those to even unlock other factions? are you kidding me? they were the most mandatory faction they could come up with.

blizz promised to make it less mandatory but honestly at this point we are so immune to this, they might aswell do the same thing now.

Except that you get gear at Honored in MoP. So it is significantly faster to get a good chunk of the gear.
    You get a piece per faction which you may already have better or may not need as your first piece and which you still need valor for anyway. In other words you get squat but since it's the only way or was the only way to spend valor guess what your doing? Dat carrot on a stick boy sure makes those dailies much better design doesn't it.

At least we can acknowledge their forced now though. Glad we got past that.

You get a piece per faction which you may already have better or may not need as your first piece and which you still need valor for anyway. In other words you get squat but since it's the only way or was the only way to spend valor guess what your doing? Dat carrot on a stick boy sure makes those dailies much better design doesn't it.
    What do you mean? If you already have gear better than the rep gear, why are you doing dailies at all?

And you can spend valor upgrading your raid gear.

What do you mean? If you already have gear better than the rep gear, why are you doing dailies at all?
    No I may have that ONE PIECE better but that doesn't mean I have EVERY PIECE better. The selection at honored is limited to whatever pieces are available at honored instead of having the smorgasbord available to pick and chose from. DAT DAILY DESIGN!

Leonard you read what you want to read. They are better designed because now if you do a daily quest hub you get a variation of things to do from day to day instead of doing the same daily every day. For example in Cata for wildhammers you had to collect food, kill 8 orcs, kill the orc boss, drink from 8 beer kegs and escourt the beer deliver EVERY DAY.

Now if you do august celestials you get 5 of 10 quests from White tiger, 5 of 10 quests from Ninzao Temple, Red Crane has the same 3 starter quests and a new guy to fight, and green dragon has 5 of 10 quests. If you do Shado Pan you have at least 3 places you can go to do 5 quests which vary between 6-7 quests. So every day there is a mix of dailies and if you don't like one you can wait til the next day to do it.

You know for a guy with an avatar that basically says, "Stop complaining and take it like a man" you sure do complain a lot.

They still are. I still have to do 45 dailies a week per character for elder charms. Its pretty annoying.

No I may have that ONE PIECE better but that doesn't mean I have EVERY PIECE better. The selection at honored is limited to whatever pieces are available at honored instead of having the smorgasbord available to pick and chose from. DAT DAILY DESIGN!
    Well, if you only gear via dailies, then I guess you are right. Since I do most my gearing from raiding, I never really had that issue. /shrug.

I can see the issue for people who don't raid though.

I didn't bother with dailies on any of my alts until the shieldwall ones were released. I just did quick 2s caps each week, half an hour of work each week for a 483 item that is almost as good as something I would have to spend hours and hours grinding VP and rep for.

People stop bitching already. The quote in the OP speaks for itself. Get over it. OMG, the greifers on MMO-C were right about something! Quick, somebody refute them in the face of Blizzard's own admission before our worldview crumbles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Leonard you read what you want to read. They are better designed because now if you do a daily quest hub you get a variation of things to do from day to day instead of doing the same daily every day. For example in Cata for wildhammers you had to collect food, kill 8 orcs, kill the orc boss, drink from 8 beer kegs and escourt the beer deliver EVERY DAY.

Now if you do august celestials you get 5 of 10 quests from White tiger, 5 of 10 quests from Ninzao Temple, Red Crane has the same 3 starter quests and a new guy to fight, and green dragon has 5 of 10 quests. If you do Shado Pan you have at least 3 places you can go to do 5 quests which vary between 6-7 quests. So every day there is a mix of dailies and if you don't like one you can wait til the next day to do it.

You know for a guy with an avatar that basically says, "Stop complaining and take it like a man" you sure do complain a lot.
    I would suggest that complaining about complaining is the definition of not taking it like a man but that's okay it would probably fly over your head anyway. The only thing "better" about the daily design is the reward behind them otherwise I would make a wager that the vast majority of you people wouldn't touch them. At their core they remain the same, a quest you do once a day for a reward. The quest mechanics themselves really haven't changed although they do offer more variety in terms of places you can go. It's a mix of doing the same crap. The better design aspect comes from having better reward. You can live in denial all you want but that's really what it is. In fact theirs a blue tweet where Ghostcrawler acknowledged the new daily design beginning with Molten Front. The same molten front that offered you pretty good gear. Molten front I could easily ignore though. Valor wasn't tied to it. GUESS WHAT CHANGED IN THE DAILY DESIGN?