Deleted

Guardian CM reforge

Hey guys, i am gonna start doing challenge mode on my guardian tank, and i have read that you shall go for hit/exp cap. So my question is how do i reforge so that when i go into a CM dungeon i will have the cap? Because if i reforge now to hit/exp cap it will get lowered when i go into a dungeon?

And a side note if anyone has any tip as a guardian in challenge modes i would appriciate it

Hey guys, i am gonna start doing challenge mode on my guardian tank, and i have read that you shall go for hit/exp cap. So my question is how do i reforge so that when i go into a CM dungeon i will have the cap? Because if i reforge now to hit/exp cap it will get lowered when i go into a dungeon?
    It doesn't reduce your Hit or Exp. So if you have 5100 Exp outside of a CM, you will have 5100 inside.

Although apparently it reduces your other stats more if you have a higher item level piece, which I wasn't aware of.

Other than that, you will definitely want a Stamina trinket, and possibly a Stamina flask. Bosses aren't dangerous at all for the most part, it's the large trash packs that will often kill you. You will find that AoE snap threat is a huge PITA, so make sure everyone holds accordingly.

Don't Roar after you Invis Pot (I've done that before :\).

Deleted
    Cheers for the quick response!

Would you say that i shall go for stam gems and reforge hit/exp cap and then go for mastery?

Deleted
    I did it all with agi flask + full crit gemming.. doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjoe View Post
    I did it all with agi flask + full crit gemming.. doesn't really matter.
    Like with anything it highly depends on your healer, and how good the rest of your group is at avoiding damage.

While I cleared all CMs with golds using my standard raiding gear as Guardian, I'd have to agree with Arielle: it's highly dependent upon your group.

If your group has a good amount of AoE CC's (stuns, silences, etc) with complementing AoE DPS and you have access to good external tanking CD's, going full crit/DPS mode as Guardian is very reasonable. However, if you lack one or both of those (like my group did most of the time), personal tanking survival is a bigger deal.

Be that as it may, the one thing I wish I had at the time of doing CM's was being expertise hard-capped. It's by no means necessary, but having huge AoE pulls of mobs can turn bad quickly from being parried at the wrong times. Either I'd never be able to establish initial threat on some mobs due to parries (which can insta-gib melee DPS), or I'd find my Mangles/auto-attacks getting parried to the point where I couldn't get SD up when I wanted. Of course, most of this is trivial if you have a hunter/rogue in your group, which I didn't have.

Suppose my final answer would be find a happy place in between, or tailor yourself to your group's strengths and weaknesses.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    While I cleared all CMs with golds using my standard raiding gear as Guardian, I'd have to agree with Arielle: it's highly dependent upon your group.

If your group has a good amount of AoE CC's (stuns, silences, etc) with complementing AoE DPS and you have access to good external tanking CD's, going full crit/DPS mode as Guardian is very reasonable. However, if you lack one or both of those (like my group did most of the time), personal tanking survival is a bigger deal.

Be that as it may, the one thing I wish I had at the time of doing CM's was being expertise hard-capped. It's by no means necessary, but having huge AoE pulls of mobs can turn bad quickly from being parried at the wrong times. Either I'd never be able to establish initial threat on some mobs due to parries (which can insta-gib melee DPS), or I'd find my Mangles/auto-attacks getting parried to the point where I couldn't get SD up when I wanted. Of course, most of this is trivial if you have a hunter/rogue in your group, which I didn't have.

Suppose my final answer would be find a happy place in between, or tailor yourself to your group's strengths and weaknesses.
    felt the same, tho we didn't have awesome aoe dps, just challenged us to CC and such properly