10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    I havnt watched DBZ in a long time. I just finished watching DBGT today for the first time, Planning on rewatching DBZ but this time in Japanese with english subs instead of dubbed.
    As far as I know, Pure blooded Saiyans dont age, and dont die from old age. So unless they die in combat or from a virus, Goku and Vegeta will always be alive (unless you count goku as dead at end of GT).

Ill post my thoughts on GT at some point
    You are wrong. Vegeta mentions after the time skip for Buu saga that Saiyans do age but dont show it to keep in top fighting condition. They do die from old age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of off topic from the current discussion, but I just realized at the start of DBZ, Bubbles the monkey was stronger than any of the Z fighters. Come on, you have to admit that's pretty funny. He's a fucking monkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    He's a fucking monkey.
    Well, if you ask Frieza, so are Saiyans.

Wait a moment... the reason Bubbles was strong was because he lived on King Kai's planet, getting used to the gravity. Where did King Kai get a monkey capable of surviving on his planet? It probably wasn't born there, considering the size of the planet and the lack of other monkeys. It's not the spirit body of a monkey since Bubbles was alive, proven by his gaining of a halo after Cell blew up the planet. Assuming Earth monkeys have a power level of around 5 or so, they couldn't be brought to the Kai's planet and survive the initial shock. Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Where did King Kai get a monkey capable of surviving on his planet?
    This, my friend, is one of the great mysteries of our time. Where did the super-powered monkey come from? The world may never know.

I was just watching DBZ last night and thought it was funny that this silly little monkey with average beast intelligence was stronger than everyone else. And yeah, he probably got so strong just by being on King Kai's planet.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait a moment... the reason Bubbles was strong was because he lived on King Kai's planet, getting used to the gravity. Where did King Kai get a monkey capable of surviving on his planet? It probably wasn't born there, considering the size of the planet and the lack of other monkeys. It's not the spirit body of a monkey since Bubbles was alive, proven by his gaining of a halo after Cell blew up the planet. Assuming Earth monkeys have a power level of around 5 or so, they couldn't be brought to the Kai's planet and survive the initial shock. Hmm.
    Screw that, that monkey is pretty hefty. How is there a CRICKET that could survive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Screw that, that monkey is pretty hefty. How is there a CRICKET that could survive?
    Well, Gregory is larger than most crickets, and is capable of speaking, so we can assume he is either an alien or magical in some way. Bubbles, on the other hand, appears to be essentially an Earth monkey.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait a moment... the reason Bubbles was strong was because he lived on King Kai's planet, getting used to the gravity. Where did King Kai get a monkey capable of surviving on his planet?
    He borrowed Michael Jackson's.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Well with Gregory. He's so tiny, like he has basically no mass anyway. So increasing the gravity at most gives him another 10lbs if he even weighs 1lb to begin with. Which if you look at it is not much, there's a few insects who can can lift many times there body weight(ants for example).

Apes are also naturally stronger then humans in the real world, they would actually have an easier time to adapting to a higher gravity then us. King Kai would probably have to slowly increase the gravity over time elsewhere so Bubbles could adjust naturally over time, and then bring him to the planet.

I think he did it, possibly for a bet against the other Kai's. Something like "I'm so good at training fighters, I bet I could even train a monkey." Then all the Kai's have some competition. Or he just uses him to rub into the fighters face for motivation. "Look the monkey can handle this planet and you can't? What a loser."
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-02 at 07:04 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what will be stronger

SSG or SS4

WE MUST HAVE THE CALCULATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

SSG or SS4

Hm, thought you would've tossed in Vegito or are we just going non-Fusion?

I just wish one of the other good guys would come even close to Goku's power. As much as I loved DBZ when I watched it, the main character fixation is way out of hand. You can't even consider Vegeta a rival anymore, which makes it very expected that the other Z fighters will just be filler until Goku arrives and beats everyone up, and you never really get to see your favorite character shine, unless your favorite character is Goku.

Regardless, I'm still going to watch that movie. <3
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I just wish one of the other good guys would come even close to Goku's power. As much as I loved DBZ when I watched it, the main character fixation is way out of hand. You can't even consider Vegeta a rival anymore, which makes it very expected that the other Z fighters will just be filler until Goku arrives and beats everyone up, and you never really get to see your favorite character shine, unless your favorite character is Goku.

In Z, the only times Goku was clearly the strongest good guy was at the end of the Saiyan and Frieza Sagas. At the end of the Cell and Buu Sagas, Gohan was stronger.

Then GT came along...

10+ Year Old Account

Once Vegeta made Super Saiyan, he was always close. Granted, Goku didn't whip out SSJ3 on him, but still. Goku was always the hero because Spirit Bomb = Deus Ex Machina. And don't get me started on the movies: "Give me your energy!. Because that will clearly be the only way to win!"

10+ Year Old Account

You get to see Vegeta shine a bit in there. Gohan as well. FT Trunks. Everyone has their moments, even Yajerobi (sp?)

Honestly, you can't even really say it is all Goku even in the end. Frieza, yes, but Vegeta took Gohan's and Krillin's help. Cell was Gohan. Buu was Vegito, which is an entirely new person, not just a mash up of Goku and Vegeta.

Power-wise, though, only Vegeta and Gohan ever really come close.

Doesn't Mystic Gohan even surpass Goku?
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

SSG or SS4

Well, SS4 is generally estimated to be a x4000 increase, or x10 over SS3.

From what I understand, it seems like SS3 Gogeta will lose to Bills. Assuming SS3 Goku and Vegeta are equal, and assuming the fusion dance is additive, that means SSG would have to be more than a x2 increase over SS3 to beat Bills. If you assume that the fusion dance multiplies their powers together, SSG would have to basically be incalculably stronger than SS4. Certainly well past x7.2 billion, just going off known power levels from the Cell saga and accounting for SS3.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    You get to see Vegeta shine a bit in there. Gohan as well. FT Trunks. Everyone has their moments, even Yajerobi (sp?)

Honestly, you can't even really say it is all Goku even in the end. Frieza, yes, but Vegeta took Gohan's and Krillin's help. Cell was Gohan. Buu was Vegito, which is an entirely new person, not just a mash up of Goku and Vegeta.

Power-wise, though, only Vegeta and Gohan ever really come close.

Doesn't Mystic Gohan even surpass Goku?
    Gohan is probably stronger directly after the defeat of Kid Buu, but it's logical to assume that Goku surpasses him during the time skip, due to Gohan not continuing his training.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-03-03 at 12:36 AM.

In Z, the only times Goku was clearly the strongest good guy was at the end of the Saiyan and Frieza Sagas. At the end of the Cell and Buu Sagas, Gohan was stronger.

Then GT came along...
    And the movies. Which makes sense, cuz they're movies, and that's kind of what you go there to see, the main character kicking ass. Gohan was clearly stronger during the Cell saga, but was he stronger during the Buu saga? I don't really remember that well. He got eaten by Buu and everything. (edit: actually, scratch that. That might have to do more with battle experience than actual strength)

He's also clearly the strongest when he first achieves super saiyan status and remained the strongest in Future Trunks' alternate timeline.

Buu is my favorite character, though. The evil one, after eating Gotenks and has the little vest. Probably because I also eat everything and like how malleable he is. I also just realized, Buu is like an evil Kirby.
    Last edited by Biske; 2013-03-03 at 12:45 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gohan was clearly stronger during the Cell saga, but was he stronger during the Buu saga? I don't really remember that well. He got eaten by Buu and everything. (edit: actually, scratch that. That might have to do more with battle experience than actual strength)
    As Mystic Gohan, he was stronger than Buu until Buu absorbed SS3 Gotenks and Piccolo. Goku in SS3 is slightly stronger than Kid Buu, who is weaker than Super Buu. Ignoring all fusions and absorptions, Gohan is the strongest at the time of Buu's defeat.

As Mystic Gohan, he was stronger than Buu until Buu absorbed SS3 Gotenks and Piccolo. Goku in SS3 is slightly stronger than Kid Buu, who is weaker than Super Buu. Ignoring all fusions and absorptions, Gohan is the strongest at the time of Buu's defeat.
    Well, I guess all those absorptions and stuff just confused the crap out of me at the time and I just remembered stuff incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I think he did it, possibly for a bet against the other Kai's. Something like "I'm so good at training fighters, I bet I could even train a monkey." Then all the Kai's have some competition. Or he just uses him to rub into the fighters face for motivation. "Look the monkey can handle this planet and you can't? What a loser."
    Lol those are some good theories. "I'm so good at training fighters, I bet I could even train a monkey." sounds exactly like something King Kai would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess all those absorptions and stuff just confused the crap out of me at the time and I just remembered stuff incorrectly.
    The part that throws most people off is that most consider Kid Buu to be the strongest version, since he is the final form, plus in the dub, Supreme Kai says he's the strongest. Kid Buu is actually one of the weaker forms (but still powerful), but he is the most evil version. The reason he seems so strong is because Gohan and Gotenks are dead and Vegito can't exist anymore, so all that's left is SS3 Goku.