Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    fixed.

not really Anet's fault if you can't figure how to choose which guilds you want to stay in, really.
    You still don't get it... I know what guild I want to be in, I had one for each part of the content that I want to do at that time.
    The problem is that I can't be in the guild(s) I want to be or I don't get to see all content/get the rewards I need.

Also they promised that as a feature, no point crawling back now with "they might as well have put everyone in one guild".

Extra is a horrid comparison since others are helping to look for the boss and are there for 100% of the fight and they get 2rares, woopie.

P.S.: don't "fix" other people's posts. It's rude, immature and makes you lose all credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You still don't get it... I know what guild I want to be in, I had one for each part of the content that I want to do at that time.
    The problem is that I can't be in the guild(s) I want to be or I don't get to see all content/get the rewards I need.

Also they promised that as a feature, no point crawling back now with "they might as well have put everyone in one guild".

Extra is a horrid comparison since others are helping to look for the boss and are there for 100% of the fight and they get 2rares, woopie.

P.S.: don't "fix" other people's posts. It's rude, immature and makes you lose all credibility.
    You can be in up to 5 guilds at one time. That's not enough?
    Valar morghulis

As I've said before, I am in 5 guilds but the one that has missions unlocked requires 100% rep, so basically I'm just in 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said before, I am in 5 guilds but the one that has missions unlocked requires 100% rep, so basically I'm just in 1.
    Sounds like you need a different guild, mate.
    Valar morghulis

the fact that you can't really do the guild missions with your small guild is a big bummer for me. Yeah, I can join a bigger guild, but I play an hour a day and won't spend that time playing with tons of other people, we had our small guild since beginnings of 2009 I think. It's all about, let's call it family, for me in a guild, can't replace that with any 15+ guild. Hell, I left WoW because I didn't like the raid commitment, and now this...

Well, the difference is that in WoW personal progression ends at a certain point unless one raid. That is not so with Guild Missions. All we get from Guild Missions are like short duration perks... which are mostly trivial.

It's content for large guilds. Just like a PVP map is content for PVPers, a new dungeon would be content for PVE players, etc, etc.

I don't see the problem. Because it's already solved via the game's systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    the fact that you can't really do the guild missions with your small guild is a big bummer for me. Yeah, I can join a bigger guild, but I play an hour a day and won't spend that time playing with tons of other people, we had our small guild since beginnings of 2009 I think. It's all about, let's call it family, for me in a guild, can't replace that with any 15+ guild. Hell, I left WoW because I didn't like the raid commitment, and now this...
    You need to reword this. It's not a FACT that you can't do Guild Missions with your small guilds. You will need to put your heads together for a few weeks and level the guild, and you would need to ask for help in /map for some of the harder ones (higher tier bounties and guild challenges, although you aren't required to do these) but people will happily tag along. My 6 man guild is diving into this happily!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughts Skyway View Post
    You need to reword this. It's not a FACT that you can't do Guild Missions with your small guilds. You will need to put your heads together for a few weeks and level the guild, and you would need to ask for help in /map for some of the harder ones (higher tier bounties and guild challenges, although you aren't required to do these) but people will happily tag along. My 6 man guild is diving into this happily!
    Well I can't imagine that 6 of our players will track down 7 of the bounties in 15min with the help of a few people on the map. I can't even imagine to get the tier1-stuff done this way, but let me know when you did it... would be a lucky day.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is not so with Guild Missions. All we get from Guild Missions are like short duration perks... which are mostly trivial.
    did I get something wrong?

never heard of the new fast-to-get-ascended items?

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/...guild-missions
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-03-02 at 04:04 PM.

did I get something wrong?
    It's just faster. The other guy in LA also sells the exact same gear. But for different currency.

One usually can not get raid gear any other way than through raiding. If that changed in WoW, then I apologize for being out of date.

Getting something slower, doesn't mean you can't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sounds like you need a different guild, mate.
    again as i've said before there's no other options. All guilds who have everything unlocked require 100% rep...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's just faster. The other guy in LA also sells the exact same gear. But for different currency.

One usually can not get raid gear any other way than through raiding. If that changed in WoW, then I apologize for being out of date.

Getting something slower, doesn't mean you can't get it.
    the items aren't my problem, just wanted to correct you. My problem is that small 6-man guilds can't realistically finish the new content without help.

the items aren't my problem, just wanted to correct you. My problem is that small 6-man guilds can't realistically finish the new content without help.
    I don't consider items shared by multiple activities exclusive. Because ya'know, they aren't.

The backpack is the only upgrade from what I saw in game.

Has anyone tried the Guild Bounties yet? Are the rewards bugged?

We did the first tier (2 enemies), I got my reward chest after killing the first one but not the second one.
    Then we did the second tier (3 enemies) and no one got anything in the guild.

We got the "Guild Bounty completed" message both times so we obviously didn't fail. :/

I haven't played Guild Wars 2 for some time, but my guild died out early in the game, and I can't get myself to start hunting for a new awesome, friendly, and progressive guild.

what i get is that i'm not the one whining for not being able to join ten guilds (when most games would limit you to 1 per character at most anyways) at the same time or get guild commendations from guild missions which guilds i don't even belong to...

talk about immature...

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Has anyone tried the Guild Bounties yet? Are the rewards bugged?

We did the first tier (2 enemies), I got my reward chest after killing the first one but not the second one.
    Then we did the second tier (3 enemies) and no one got anything in the guild.

We got the "Guild Bounty completed" message both times so we obviously didn't fail. :/
    The reward can be obtained only once a week sadly so it's not bugged don't worry In my opinion they could have made it so the the second,third etc times you do the bounties you get a blue or maybe a green. The way it is now I really don't see any reason for me to do it once I've gained my reward. It's still fun seeing all my guildies across all of Tyria looking for the npcs and killing them afterwards though - teamwork all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    The reward can be obtained only once a week sadly so it's not bugged don't worry
    So you can only earn 2 tokens a week? O_o

2 commendations per week per mission type (rush/bounty/etc).

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    what i get is that i'm not the one whining for not being able to join ten guilds (when most games would limit you to 1 per character at most anyways) at the same time or get guild commendations from guild missions which guilds i don't even belong to...

talk about immature...
    It's so funny that you write that since it simply shows you still don't get it. I don't care that I can not join 10guilds, what I care about is the fact that inorder to get the items I need for the content I want I have to sacrifice the one thing I like in this game (19 other people I like and who think in the same way as me) to remain on equal footing with others who also think alike but with whom I do not have contact.

I also never whined about only being able to join 5guilds. The only thing I'm annoyed with is the fact that my progression is limited by a system that's completely sidetracked from the one which directly relates to what I'm interested in.
    To make a wow comparison I feel like in order to beat the last boss I must get a rating of 2.3k to get the pvp weapons since otherwise I can't get enough defensive stats to kill the boss, something which shouldn't ever happen.

To go further, being limited to a guild/char would even be an improvement for me since that would mean that I can join a pvp guild on the toons I pvp with, a fotm guild on my fotm toon with 35ar and a pve guild for my 100% world completion toons, the fact that you don't realise this shows how much you lack in regards to empathy...

except you're not forced to run guild missions to buy said items since they're also available through laurel npcs, not nearly as efficient time wise i admit (dont like it either, should have been a daily reward or available from fotm npcs for tokens+mats or something imo) but it's still there and guess what? no guild requirement at all.

doubt this won't change in some further patch as it's obvious big-ass guilds have it an easier time accessing those commendation rewards due to how influence gains work. (that's a fact no one can deny atm)