Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exploiting Valor Cap possible?

serious technical question inc:

Lets say its the day before patch day, I have reached my valor cap of 3000 valor points but my weekly cap is only at like 500/1000. I purchase an item for 1000 valor which leaves me at 2000 valor. The item can be returned for its full costs for 2 hours. Now within 1 hour I hand in dailies, do challenge modes and do whatever to earn 500 valorpoints and reach my weekly cap and it pushes me to 2500/3000 valor overall. After that I log out.
    Next day at patch day I log in, I still have 1 hour left to return that 1000 valor item. I buy one of the new 522ilvl items for 1250 valor points which leaves me at 1250vp but then I return the other item I bought the day before for its full cost (=1000vp) and I am back at 2250 valor points overall with an item in my bag that is worth 1250. So basically I have 3500 valor at the start instead of 3000.

possible y/n? if no, why not?

Won't work.

the trade time limit thing doesn't persist through maintainence anymore. If you buy something 5 minutes before the servers go down for the patch, once you finally log back in the ability to redeem that item for what it cost is gone.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i know previous patches blizz forced the timers to finish on all items bought before the patch idk if this one will be different
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Won't work.

the trade limit thing doesn't persist through maintainence anymore.
    are you sure? when did they come up with that? I was pretty sure I could trade bossloot on wednesday that I looted on tuesday. I figured it would be the same for vp items :O

Also why would they have implemented that? During previous patches valor had been converted so this "exploit" could only be applicable on 5.2.

It's been in for a while now. You won't be able to do it.

Deleted
    well, so much for trying to be clever and shit :<

Lol, you are why they implemented that, trying to cheat and stuff.

That used to work but I doubt it will now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That used to work but I doubt it will now.
    This. People actually did do this in the past, I think the first patch after the "sell back to the vendor for a refund" was implemented. I don't remember if they did anything to people who used the exploit, but they put a stop to it happening again pretty quickly.

>Trying to cheat
    >To gain like zero benefit
    >Probably not even in a top 5 world raiding guild so has no reason to cheat to try and get 0.1% extra performance
    >Risking account anyway

>LOGIC
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Lol, you are why they implemented that, trying to cheat and stuff.
    I didnt try anything. I asked a question is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    A shame really. Feels so good being a little ahead.
    Try feeling good by doing it without cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    A shame really. Feels so good being a little ahead.
    "Let me exploit game mechanics, in ways Blizzard does not intend them to work, to have a slight lead that would take 2 weeks to achieve normally" Because that worked in the past, and Blizzard does not sanction those kind of actions right?

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    >Trying to cheat
    >To gain like zero benefit
    >Probably not even in a top 5 world raiding guild so has no reason to cheat to try and get 0.1% extra performance
    >Risking account anyway

>LOGIC
    We're not on 4chan, and you cannot "greentext" or use those arrow things, whatever their name is.

Actually, it might work. The whole "patch resets valor sell-back option" was something that was only implemented in a few specific patches last expansion, and was something they announced ahead of time when they did it. It wasn't actually a feature that was added to every maintenance day.

I tried it out for patch 5.1 where they released the valor upgrade system and it worked fine. Bought and resold the 1250 valor rings and cycled them every 2 hours (I'm just a casual LFR player so staying by the vendor wasn't a problem) for a few weeks and was able to spend upwards of 5,000k when the valor upgrade system came out. The fact that it worked was enjoyable, but hardly game-breaking, and huge pain-in-the-ass.

That being said, I didn't even think there was anything new to be bought with valor that was worthwhile?

Deleted
    Justi am curious about how you will have a valor points after patch get released all your valor will get wiped out and be sure that you wont return any item bought before that.5.1 means nothing that are middle patch there wasnt any valor/conquest wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Justi am curious about how you will have a valor points after patch get released all your valor will get wiped out and be sure that you wont return any item bought before that.5.1 means nothing that are middle patch there wasnt any valor/conquest wipe
    Valor doesn't get wiped this patch.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Ohh yea i forgot that lol
    Well make your experiment and answer to us then i`m more curious about do i can run overcap by bying the item then cap the valor for the week and return it back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    Actually, it might work. The whole "patch resets valor sell-back option" was something that was only implemented in a few specific patches last expansion, and was something they announced ahead of time when they did it. It wasn't actually a feature that was added to every maintenance day.
    It's not for any maintenance; it's for major (raid tier) patches. As there were only two raid tier patches last expansion, of course it only happened twice. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's not for any maintenance; it's for major (raid tier) patches. As there were only two raid tier patches last expansion, of course it only happened twice. :P
    Yeah, its for when they do valor wipes. Since they aren't wiping valor, I imagine you will be able to do a resell. But once again I ask, is there even anything new to buy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    Yeah, its for when they do valor wipes. Since they aren't wiping valor, I imagine you will be able to do a resell. But once again I ask, is there even anything new to buy?
    True. I guess we'll find out.

There's a new set of 522 gear from the new raid faction.