Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-Champion:

How is this Political System giving us a lot of new content to play with?
    As I said in other places, it's probably an ilvl limiter akin to challenge modes, only for raids of all tiers. Rewards would be scaled as well.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    LOL great thread and a fine joke OP, as usual the rest of the ppl in this thread 1: don't recognize a joke even if it fell out of the sky and took their mom's out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER CALLED HER AGAIN! and 2: are too busy thinking THEIR theory is new and MUST be the correct one.
    Iyiyi!

Still a very fine joke....I wonder what the sides of the campain would be...not conservative and liberal ect.....OH! OH! can we come up with names for the political parties? Anyone?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Woah, did he? Do you have the source because that's actually pretty cool!
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...aria-patch-5-2

We will probably see it in the 5.4 neighborhood if we are able to get it done in time. As far as hints a lot of players in the past have suggested that they be able to do older content so it’s probably something that goes along those lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Blizzard would never do anything that relatively clever/creative.
    same as you would never said anything positive about WoW/Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    same as you would never said anything positive about WoW/Blizzard.
    Yet I still enjoy WoW. (About the only thing in their portfolio after WCII that I'll give the time of day.) Go figure!

well yeah, this was all speculation of different thoughts.
    I am still eager to see the so called "we are bringing back the war back in the WARcraft" as stated before by blizzard about the MoP expansion. I did see some random bits of war here and there but there wasn't this big actual war going on not until we see siege anyway and political system seems to be fit. you might call it regional system maybe ?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So essentially everyone picks the evil candidate just to screw over their server?

No.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see a feature where all the races are open to pick either faction.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleabd View Post
    We went to Pandaria, found a new "everything". Garrosh goes mad! War unleashes. Titans secret unravel. New Order is needed. Burning legion invasion.

What might be coming?
    1. After the siege and the fight with Garrosh both factions the horde and alliance will come under 1 banner and be united.
    2. Political System is introduces. A system where the players vote to appoint leaders in a council where each leader has a benefit.

Blizzard hinted about a new feature at the "End" of the expansion. It is like LFG/LFR/Transmog/Reforge which is something that changes your game play rather than a random tool that u use for "fun"; therefore, a political system where players determine who their leaders are for a certain duration of time might have the same impact on your game play.

Here is how it might:
    Leader X is Sylvanes, she raises the dead to increase her army.
    Leader Y is Bain, his people are known to be great hunters and gatherers.
    Leader Z is Galywax, he is a trade prince so he can get his hands on items.

Leader X gives you benefits X that help players level and quest faster.
    Leader Y gives you benefits Y that help players gather and find resources faster and more.
    Leader Z gives you benefits Z that help players get access to special items like flasks/pot/food merchants (rather than waiting for players to post items in AH or crafting them).

Tl;DR
    next feature is a political system where players determine who is their leader for a period of time.
    Very doubtful. It was stated that the new feature would provide users with a large amount of content. A political system that simply gives you a buff is not alot of content. Guess again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to be a political system. As has been said in the previous posts in this thread, Chilton has hinted at something that will make old content more interesting, so it will like be an item scaling system like CMs to make old content more difficult.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    you should really change the thread title and post itself. It's only a wild speculation, and you write it like it's certain.
    first line of the post states '[Specualtion] The new Feature is a political system' try reading everything next time. in no way is it written like its certain

with the political system you will have different regions in the world with different leaders leading them. therefore you will see people fighting in old content for resources and daily quests ect.. hence a lot of players will be going to such old regions (barrens, hillsbrad ect...) because they need to make a stand and have thier regions in control for their leaders. and the rewards wont just be a simple buff it can be alot of stuff think of it like guild perks also maybe?

I really can't stand people that come onto the forums and post thread titles as factual statements rather than as opinions.

"The new Feature is a political system" is a factual statement, when in reality, this entire thread is only your opinion. Stop trying to advertise otherwise.

Also, I hate the idea of this feature. Not worth content development, and would just make things really fucking confusing as far as lore is concerned.

Also, they said the new feature would bring us loads of content to play with. Just by that factor alone, this idea definitely isn't what's coming. How is leveling faster and collecting resources that already exist faster "loads of content to play with?"

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    first line of the post states '[Specualtion] The new Feature is a political system' try reading everything next time. in no way is it written like its certain
    Doesn't matter what it says in the post. The thread title should reflect the post's intent. If he didn't intend it to sound like fact, he shouldn't have made the title to reflect that feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to change "IS" to "I think will be". I mean, uniting the Alliance and Horde into a single faction, very unlikely. Getting to choose your leader for X amount of time? Unlikely and not so strong lorewise. I mean, you obviously tried thinking something up, but make it "an idea" instead of a bold claim of "this WILL happen".
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    it was edited,
    just what I asked for.

This post was intended as a speculation thread and it turns out like this.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Also, they said the new feature would bring us loads of content to play with. Just by that factor alone, this idea definitely isn't what's coming. How is leveling faster and collecting resources that already exist faster "loads of content to play with?"
    leveling faster and collecting resources are just a mere example of what other features and favors i think we can get when we elect our leaders.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Getting to choose your leader for X amount of time? Unlikely and not so strong lorewise.
    not so strong lorewise, true... but over the years blizzard have twisted and came up with new lore left and right and made them fit perfectly.

I just think that in the end, this war in azeroth will get to an end eventually.
    Can you imagine the years to come in the future where there is still war after all the conflicts and different things both the horde and the alliance have went through? i can name you not 1 but several conflicts where both factions have worked together to overcome a threat in this world. 1) AQ. 2) The Lich King and his Scourge. 3) Deathwing... ect... you get the point. so after all these problems there is bound to come a time where these factions will unite and the hatred between them is over and they learn how to live with each others.

So, what better time to end this hatred better than now? we got introduced to new race that thought us the true meaning of battle and fight. and leading to the events that will come at the end of expansion with the siege we can look forward to something that might turn out like this.
    Last edited by tripleabd; 2013-03-03 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raediance View Post
    I don't see either side as a democracy personally. :P Although an interesting idea for sure!
    Yaah, I think so.