Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    The funny thing about SAO is that its haters are the most passionate people I've ever met. Over at MAL some people have been spending hours debating, hating and bashing it - an anime they don't even enjoy. What's the point? "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but what's the difference between manga and light novel? Or rather, what IS a light novel?
    think of manga as the us equiv of comics, and light novels are...well, a light novel i guess, they tend to be more in depth, and sometimes a light novel gets a manga adaptation.
    mangas tend to be more pictures, where as novels are more words (if you want detail, read the light novels, if you want to see pictures, read teh manga, however, for teh BEST idea of whats going on, i like to do BOTH, as it aids in visualization).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.
    Its the same case as the people who love Naruto/Bleach/other generic shonen and will say with a straight face that its the best anime in the world then completely ignore any faults other people will bring up to the contrary. I didnt mind the first season of SAO, the second one was horrible, and had either of them not had some of the issues they had - it wouldve been a great show. My issue with SAO is people are somehow able to completely ignore these issues and still manage to hype it beyond what is neccessary for how good it is. Ive watched people recommend it to people as "the best anime ever!!" then had them come back a week later and post how disappointed they were once they finished season 2 because of how all over the place it was.

Deleted
    planning on watching naruto, and was wondering if i should start with

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409591/?ref_=sr_1 or can skip straight to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988824/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

any suggestions would be nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Watch the first one first and Shippuden afterwards or else you'll basically start from the middle.

It does have a manga.
    thnx /10char

It does have a manga.
    Just a side note - the manga version is actually based on the animated version, rather than the original light novel, so a lot of the scenes are just traces from the show and a ton of the panels look under drawn and it some how manages to be worse than the anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the first one first and Shippuden afterwards or else you'll basically start from the middle.

It does have a manga.

But the original was a novel.

Deleted
    I just finished watching Code Geass R1 and R2. There is alot of speculation on "the internet" about a third season.
    Are they working on a 3rd season or no? same characters or different timeline? etc..

Anyone know? what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    I just finished watching Code Geass R1 and R2. There is alot of speculation on "the internet" about a third season.
    Are they working on a 3rd season or no? same characters or different timeline? etc..

Anyone know? what do you guys think?
    R3 is a fable...HOWEVER there are manga spinoffs such as Nightmare of Nunnaly and Renya of the Darkness(Shikoku no Renya in japanese if i recall right)) as well as the new OVA still being made called Code Geass Akito The Exiled...Then we got the Light Novels, the manga of the series name, the Suzaku spinoff the fanservice spinoff(Code Geass: Queens and Code Geass Knights one for women one for men...assuming straight) and soooo many others....Just ummm yeah hit up what you can LOL.

So, I just finished watching Steins;gate.. And god damn that show was good! But.. I need a new one, any suggestions?

List of what I've watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Hellsing
    Code Geass
    Fairy Tail
    Steins;gate
    Death Note
    Sword Art Online
    (Those are the ones I remember stright of the bat.)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So, I just finished watching Steins;gate.. And god damn that show was good! But.. I need a new one, any suggestions?

List of what I've watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Hellsing
    Code Geass
    Fairy Tail
    Steins;gate
    Death Note
    Sword Art Online
    (Those are the ones I remember stright of the bat.)
    If by Hellsing you mean the normal episodes, you should definitly watch Hellsing Ultimate! It follows the manga and is much, much more awesome in every aspect.
    Also, since you watched (and i just assume loved, since they are awesome :P ) Code Geass, Steins Gate and Death Note, Zetsuen no Tempest might be up your league. It has the same intellectual feeling and really keeps you on your toes. The first few episodes may seem too generic, but episode by episode it just keeps getting better and better.
    Also, in regard to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and so on, Ao no Exorcist might also be something for you.

Now for myself, i am also looking for some new Anime. This is what i have watched so far, rating included to make it easier to recommend something:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Comburo

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    If by Hellsing you mean the normal episodes, you should definitly watch Hellsing Ultimate! It follows the manga and is much, much more awesome in every aspect.
    Also, since you watched (and i just assume loved, since they are awesome :P ) Code Geass, Steins Gate and Death Note, Zetsuen no Tempest might be up your league. It has the same intellectual feeling and really keeps you on your toes. The first few episodes may seem too generic, but episode by episode it just keeps getting better and better.
    Also, in regard to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and so on, Ao no Exorcist might also be something for you.

Now for myself, i am also looking for some new Anime. This is what i have watched so far, rating included to make it easier to recommend something:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Comburo
    I've seen all the Hellsing.
    Will check out Zetsuen no Tempest now. Thanks for the tips.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen all the Hellsing.
    Will check out Zetsuen no Tempest now. Thanks for the tips.
    Zetsuen No Tempest is pure badass.

For some reason I cant find a torrent with the whole Zetsuen No Tempest in it.. And I find it a pain in the ass to download every episode by them self x] Anyone know about a good site? Tried tvtorrents, thepiratebay and isohunt so far.. (Sorry if this is illigal to mention.. :/ )

For some reason I cant find a torrent with the whole Zetsuen No Tempest in it.. And I find it a pain in the ass to download every episode by them self x] Anyone know about a good site? Tried tvtorrents, thepiratebay and isohunt so far.. (Sorry if this is illigal to mention.. :/ )
    The reason for that is because it's still ongoing. I guess someone (or I) should have pointed that out when it was mentioned when I check this thread periodically. You won't find many batches for it yet (if any), and I'm sure you'd want to wait till it's finished before seeing it.

Have you not seen Full Metal Alchemist? Try that one out. There's two versions. FMA:Brotherhood is the one that follows the manga more closely and was made after the first iteration. Some might say it's better, but there's others who like the first one. I personally liked the story following Brotherhood, but I did like the implications the first one made in the ending episodes.

If you have seen that (those), try out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you have seen that or it's not your style (it's pretty darn good), then have your hand at Fate/Stay Night and it's prequel Fate/Zero. That's all I can think of at the time.
    Last edited by Jamber; 2013-03-07 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

15+ Year Old Account
    watching fairy tail makes 20 minutes go by so fast its disgusting.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-03-07 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    The reason for that is because it's still ongoing. I guess someone (or I) should have pointed that out when it was mentioned when I check this thread periodically. You won't find many batches for it yet (if any), and I'm sure you'd want to wait till it's finished before seeing it.

Have you not seen Full Metal Alchemist? Try that one out. There's two versions. FMA:Brotherhood is the one that follows the manga more closely and was made after the first iteration. Some might say it's better, but there's others who like the first one. I personally liked the story following Brotherhood, but I did like the implications the first one made in the ending episodes.

If you have seen that (those), try out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you have seen that or it's not your style (it's pretty darn good), then have your hand at Fate/Stay Night and it's prequel Fate/Zero. That's all I can think of at the time.
    Ahh oki, started watching Zetsuen No Tempest yesterday, and darn thats a good show so far! Barerly started though, and the fact that it isnt finished is great, then I get one more show to check by every week!
    Forgot to list FMA, great show! Didnt bother watching Brotherhood, as I tried it just when I finished the first show.. Maybe I should try it now when I've had a break from FMA.

I'll see if I can find those other you listed, heard many suggest Fate/Zero in this thread.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    watching fairy tail makes 20 minutes go by so fast its disgusting.
    Indeed! Everytime I'm like: Whaaat? Finished allready?!

Deleted
    Forgot to list FMA, great show! Didnt bother watching Brotherhood, as I tried it just when I finished the first show.. Maybe I should try it now when I've had a break from FMA.
    Do it! Brotherhood takes the normal one down in a heartbeat, sort of like Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Do it! Brotherhood takes the normal one down in a heartbeat, sort of like Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate
    Okidoki! Then I'll check that one out when I've catched up on Zetsuen No Tempest

15+ Year Old Account
    Zetsuen no Tempest just keeps sucking me in. it sucks major ass that there is only like 3 more episodes but the guy who made this manga is a bloody genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Zetsuen no Tempest just keeps sucking me in. it sucks major ass that there is only like 3 more episodes but the guy who made this manga is a bloody genius.
    Have you finished reading the manga? The sites I usually frequent only have till until chapter 24. =(
    Black Lives Matter