Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even as a Darius player I agree with this nerf. He was just too dangerous with his always-available ultimate. It made Garen's Justice look like a PoS in comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    How on earth could it make him OP?
    It is Riot!!, you never know!!. There might be some undocumented procs or critical OP bugs. xD

Anyway, i just played him again last night and seems like this has been quite a nerf. :s

Even though, he is still a good champ to pick ^^

I think it will make him stronger in many circumstances. Obviously people use his ult to secure a kill, causing it do do a certain amount of overkill damage. Now people will be using it primarily the second he reaches 5 stacks of bleeds, causing every single point of his true damage to be useful.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has been playing darius since day 1 of his release, i love this nerf. It was far too easy to get ahead in a lane, and with this adjustment I will actually have to play more conservatively in lane, instead of just hoping for snowball. Teamfights will be completely unaffected.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    The change to his ultimate is just fine if you ask me. It lessens his snowball effect early in the game so as soon as you come back to lane he can't immediately try and All-In you with his ultimate up; he has to wait a little bit. Not to mention you can easily play safe against a Darius, depending on your champion, it isn't that hard. He is also easily ganked as he has no escapes either.

When it comes to Team Fights, his Dunk isn't only going to last for 12 seconds. After that initial Dunk, he of course gains the 12 seconds to use it again, if the next Dunk within that twelve seconds is a killing blow, he gains another twelve seconds to use it again. So in effect he could have his Dunk stay available the entire Team Fight if he's getting killing blows and it isn't dragging out way too long between kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You contradict yourself.

People are supposedly kids because they nerfed a genuinely borderline OP ult.

Then you say pro players don't pick him, but you called others kids earlier, implying you are thinking you are pro yourself, however you still pick him.
    kids
    normal
    Pro
    i am normal :P i am not talking sh!t at high rank no one pick him
    and kids dont know how to counter him so easy thing they can do to QQ on forum

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Uhh... wtf?

His team fight isn't effected like at all. If there are more than 12 seconds between the viability of lopping off someones head then your team fighting sucks and you don't deserve the kills. But, his laning is heavily nerfed because if you kill your lane opponent now then your ult won't be up when he gets back to lane. Pre nerf in the laning phase yrou ult was available 100% of the time, this is no longer the case. That's a pretty big nerf to his lane presence.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:35 AM ----------

Wow, man, you're so clueless.

Are you really dumb enough to think Riot is nerfing champions based on baddies whining about them? FFS man, get a clue.

And as to escaping ganks, that's what flash is for, but let me guess, you flash after people to lop off their heads don't you? I play Darius a lot, and I have no issues with getting ganked in the top lane because I buy these miraculous things called WARDS and drop them in the river in front of of top blue and in the tri-bush.

Also, as to pro players not picking him:

http://lolplay.tv/video.php?gameid=114

Spontex dominates all game on Darius in LCS week 2 vs SK Gaming. Please, talk out your ass less.
    no need to insulting its not worth it anyways i wrote the post wrong at first part

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 09:19 PM ----------

Uhh... wtf?

His team fight isn't effected like at all. If there are more than 12 seconds between the viability of lopping off someones head then your team fighting sucks and you don't deserve the kills. But, his laning is heavily nerfed because if you kill your lane opponent now then your ult won't be up when he gets back to lane. Pre nerf in the laning phase yrou ult was available 100% of the time, this is no longer the case. That's a pretty big nerf to his lane presence.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:35 AM ----------

Wow, man, you're so clueless.

Are you really dumb enough to think Riot is nerfing champions based on baddies whining about them? FFS man, get a clue.

And as to escaping ganks, that's what flash is for, but let me guess, you flash after people to lop off their heads don't you? I play Darius a lot, and I have no issues with getting ganked in the top lane because I buy these miraculous things called WARDS and drop them in the river in front of of top blue and in the tri-bush.

Also, as to pro players not picking him:

http://lolplay.tv/video.php?gameid=114

Spontex dominates all game on Darius in LCS week 2 vs SK Gaming. Please, talk out your ass less.
    read tips about darius on the game
    u will find out there that he really don't have way to escape i am not saying bull$&^%
    and u r Darius hater
    check high rank game u wont see any darius maybe some few

Deleted
    His win% doesn't seem to be affected by it much, he'll still be able to build full tank and do anywhere between 300-700 true damage on level 18 in teamfights. He seems to do really well in LCS so far and has been crucial in some of the matches even. I would say he's in a good spot now actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    @house

I am not a Darius hater at all. I am just intelligent enough to understand that he was a powerhouse laner with 100% up time on his ultimate when used properly. A concept you obviously do not grasp.

Flash is a summoner spell that is designed to be used as an escape, and again, you should have wards so you know when you have to back off. Again, obviously you have little to no understanding of this game at all.

Also, I see Darius played quite a bit in high ranked games. Something your lack of knowledge about the game tells me you don't actually play in.

It annoys the hell out of me when clueless people complain about a champion nerf with absolutely no idea about the reasoning behind it. There is absolutely nothing you have said in this entire thread that shows me that you have a clue what you are talking about. But that is fairly typical on these forums. Better to cry the loudest than to be capable of talking intelligently about something in order to try to gain some understanding about it.
    flash with 200+ sec cd and wards stuff ............. no comment
    i am not clueless i am still playing him now and doing good this is my account u can check it"hermiionee" on eune server
    u don't have the right to say to me i don't know anything about this game and enough discussion with u
    enough insulting how should i understand anything from some talk like u

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    kids
    normal
    Pro
    i am normal :P i am not talking sh!t at high rank no one pick him
    and kids dont know how to counter him so easy thing they can do to QQ on forum

read tips about darius on the game
    u will find out there that he really don't have way to escape i am not saying bull$&^%
    and u r Darius hater
    check high rank game u wont see any darius maybe some few
    Adults don't type like this, kid. Your words carry about as much weight as a wet paper towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Adults don't type like this, kid. Your words carry about as much weight as a wet paper towel.
    so you r adults ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the personal insults and keep it civil, please. Thank you

Deleted
    The nerf was deserved. Now only Teemo remaines as an annoying champ because Blitzcrank has been nerved as well. Bring on these Teemo nerves, riot plz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.p...t-dunked-4393/
    Darius

Noxian Guillotine ( R ) can be recast for 12 seconds after killing an opponent instead of resetting;
    Noxian Guillotine ( R ) cooldown increased from 100/90/80 to 120/100/80;
    Darius is easy to play agaist, he has no tools to escape and his E has a long cd and short range.
    His ultimate may seam op but that is because people are stupid and let him stack 5 stacks, instead of backing off after they enchanting so hits.

The best way to beat darius is to poke him little by little and go all in when you know you can kill him. If you try and burst him down full hp he is going to win because he will stack his bleed 5 times and his ulti is going to do 100% more damage. No shit you lost!!

PS wtf i didnt know he was really nerffed i though the OP was giving his opinion on what should be done to him -.-'' really? nerff him? He is so easy to counter pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    PS wtf i didnt know he was really nerffed i though the OP was giving his opinion on what should be done to him -.-'' really? nerff him? He is so easy to counter pick.
    The issue is that he is counterable but it's not really fun to play against and he was completely overpowered against weaker players because he doesn't take much to be strong with him but you need a certain understanding of his mechanics to counter him.

I never found it to be that great of a champion. Always won laning vs him unless I got hard camped. Anyway I think the nerf should have been followed with a buff else where. Ofc the design of his ulti was idiotic to say the least, but really it was his only true strength out side of the pull

Darius is easy to play agaist, he has no tools to escape and his E has a long cd and short range.
    His ultimate may seam op but that is because people are stupid and let him stack 5 stacks, instead of backing off after they enchanting so hits.

The best way to beat darius is to poke him little by little and go all in when you know you can kill him. If you try and burst him down full hp he is going to win because he will stack his bleed 5 times and his ulti is going to do 100% more damage. No shit you lost!!

The problem with darius is that he's a pubstomper. Riot has nerfed pubstompers before (every shaco nerf ever) because it ruins the game for lower elo players.

10+ Year Old Account

indeed that's what i am talking about or what iam trying to say

Deleted
    Everything you say here is 100% true in the bottom of the elo rankings.

Simple fact of the matter is that if you ward like you should be doing you really don't have to worry about escaping as much as you seem to think. And in the situation when you do have to escape you should have your flash available.

Darius should also be building tank instead of AD with the exception of a Maw of Malmortius. This means that even when you do get ganked you should have enough health to be able to walk back to your turret. And while you are walking back to your turret you can be using his spin thing to stack bleeds on your opponents. Once you get near your turret you should be safe because of the turret damage and the bleed damage. In case they keep preasuring you, if you are building right, you fight them under the turret, hook them into you to keep them in the turret and laugh at them as you lop their skulls off. This is what I do most of the times when I get ganked.

As to people being too stupid to get away, you make it sound as if you can just walk away from him. 100% not the case. If you are up against a smart Darius you HAVE to burn your flash or die because he can just hook you in to keep stacking the bleeds before taking your head. This is why the ultimate got nerfed, because you NEED an escape mechanism to not die against anyone who has played Darius even a handful of times. And when you die to it, it resets so he has it next time you come to lane. Darius was one of the biggest pubstompers in the game.

There are allot of top laners that can farm safety from darius.
    If you are playing defensive he should be almost on your tower.
    He wont be tanky early to mid game.
    He wont have wards 100% of the time and if he is next to your tower your jungler/mid should be ganking from the enemy jungle(if they know were the enemy jungler is) making it almost impossible for him to escape.

Here are some champions that out farm him and still bully him in lane.

Garen -> just Q him and use E to back off even if he gets some auto attacks your passive will get your hp up in no time

Kayle-> AS AP kayle will just Q you + E and drop your hp. she has W to heal and run from you. Her ulti prevents you from killing with your ulti.

Teemo--> Blind + poison damage + W to run away.

Yorick--> Good at trade offs since he can heal, can poke you from a safe spot. and farm from a fair distance.

Vladimir--> Can stay in lane with is Q, can trade off with you and run to safety with W.

Riven, shen, cho, Lulu, Olaf, Jax do not counter Darius per say but they are not countered by darius it comes to teamfights with mid and jungler ganks dictating who is going to win your lane more to say.

Pick any of the above and you should do find.

Jayce and Kazix are good picks too and volibear is not that bad has he will punish darius hard if he gets cough by his Q right before a gank, even if he doesnt die he will have to recall and you will have more exp and gold.

But i can understand, why he seams unstoppable vs low elo players or players that are still leveling up their accounts, the problem is that balancing the game for this players hurts the e-sports of this game.
    The games needs more champions to be played not just 4 to 5 playable champions peer lane. Else games get boring to watch.
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2013-03-06 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It hits his laning more due to this typical situation:

It's 0-0 at top, and Darius hits 6. He goes all in, uses his ult to secure a kill, and is now 1-0, can B to pick up items, and comes back to lane with a lead on levels, items, and his ult will still be available.

This change makes it so that the snowball effect from this is lessened due to his ult not being available after that 12 second window, thus not being able to use his ult again in-lane for a while. This is why Garen's and Riven's ults were given the same treatment by increasing the cooldown on it at rank 1, to lessen the snowball potential.
    And you think 12 seconds won't pass by the time he goes B, buys items and comes back to his lane, what? The one thing I can think of that will nerf his lane is not him being able to do a 1v2 fight when the enemy jungler comes so easily because even if he kills one of them, in 12 seconds with no ulti, the second one would have already killed him and the enemy team would get a kill+assist which is more gold than a kill only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a well deserved change to Daruis. I do enjoy dunking people as Daruis but C'mon its OP as shit having instant reset on the cooldowns. That being said, what about Katarina? She gets her abilitys reset on a kill..