Thread: Mini-Sunwell

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Mini-Sunwell

Does anybody know what exactly this mini-Sunwell thing behind Lor'themar is? I keep seeing it in various videos and while searching through the various quests I've been unable to find solid information on what it is. It changes in appearence throughout the different phases teh Isle goes through so I'm assuming it's important.

Can somebody answer this question please.

Thanks.

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/7/7a/...inal_phase.jpg
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-04 at 02:46 AM.

by the use of logic and common sense, one could say it's probably a portable version of the sunwell, created to serve as a fountain of magic for the sunreaver onslaught faction in pandaria. considering how the original sunwell was created (with a vial of the well of eternity), it was probably made similarly with a vial of the sunwell.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    by the use of logic and common sense, one could say it's probably a portable version of the sunwell, created to serve as a fountain of magic for the sunreaver onslaught faction in pandaria. considering how the original sunwell was created (with a vial of the well of eternity), it was probably made similarly with a vial of the sunwell.
    why would you start your response with something as arrogant and dick-faced as "by the use of logic and common sense"? who do you think you are? why be a jerk off for no reason?

good answer tho. but seriously, all you snide bullshitters out there, no.body.thinks.youre.cool.but.you.

[This post has been infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-04 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    why would you start your response with something as arrogant and dick-faced as "by the use of logic and common sense"? who do you think you are? why be a jerk off for no reason?

good answer tho. but seriously, all you snide bullshitters out there, no.body.thinks.youre.cool.but.you.
    I don't think I am cool either. you are the one who imagined an arrogant tone on my answer.

by the use of logic and common sense.
    dont think your answer makes it common sense

well, that escalated quickly Yeah It's probably a portable sunwell to keep the blood elfs on top of their game, obviously they're all filthy addicts and need their fix.

I don't think I am cool either. you are the one who imagined an arrogant tone on my answer.
    agreed, I personally didn't read it that way at all! I heard you as a really passive voice, slightly informative but questionable of it yourself. Definitely not arrogant.

just to make it clear: "by the use of logic and common sense" - read it as "I have no confirmatory source, but I think it's like this"

just to make it clear: "by the use of logic and common sense" - read it as "I have no confirmatory source, but I think it's like this"
    That's how I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when OMFGcata asked Metzen and Kosak what that giant snake thing was in Gundrak, and they basically said, "We're not really sure. Sometimes cool things appear in our games and we don't know why."?

That's the vibe I'm getting from this mini Sunwell. I don't think anyone on the isle mentions what it's being used for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    That's how I read it.
    Yeah, me too. Holy needless freakout, people.

But that's exactly what I saw it as - puts me in the mind of the night elf moonwells. A way for the blood elves to remotely tap a portion of the Sunwell's huge reserves of power. If the blood elves are turning their staging area in a major stronghold, then it would make sense that they'd set up a reservoir of magical energy for themselves to draw upon for a prolonged conflict. Not necessarily something that you'd need to interact with in game - just something akin to food and medical supplies, weapon and armor cargo, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    well, that escalated quickly Yeah It's probably a portable sunwell to keep the blood elfs on top of their game, obviously they're all filthy addicts and need their fix.
    You might as well call all other races addicted to food and water.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's magical then, by definition, it's not "logic or common sense". Remember guys, these are blood elves, there's a huge cha0nce of it being just some silly shinny cosmetic thing for them elves to stare at... kinda like Silvermoon.

I just sorta figured it might be similar to all the little moonwells the night elves have everywhere
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

That giant skeleton arm that reaches out of the ground in Icecrown...man, what has a skeleton that big? Was it a titan? Logic tells me it was, because titans are big and have arms. Logic also tells me that titan was named John, because it's a very common name.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Remember when OMFGcata asked Metzen and Kosak what that giant snake thing was in Gundrak, and they basically said, "We're not really sure. Sometimes cool things appear in our games and we don't know why."?

That's the vibe I'm getting from this mini Sunwell. I don't think anyone on the isle mentions what it's being used for.
    That would be awesome if it came out like that haha.
    Although I would think that the answer is pretty simple, just pretty much what it looks like, it's a mini-sunwell. Why? Well the Blood Elves are being lead by their faction leader, and he wants them there in full force and wants to win the battle there with minimal damage to his people. Simplest way is to provide them with a easy source of their magic. It will keep them at their peak fighting capabilities and make sure they aren't at a disadvantage on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    That giant skeleton arm that reaches out of the ground in Icecrown...man, what has a skeleton that big? Was it a titan? Logic tells me it was, because titans are big and have arms. Logic also tells me that titan was named John, because it's a very common name.
    Actually logically it wouldn't be a titan because they only die if convinced they've dead. Also since they are effectively gods they would not leave corpses like normal beings. So logically it's not a titan arm. Also logically it wouldn't be named John because that is not a common titan name.

OT: yeah I think the people who think it's the equivalent of a moonwell are probably right

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You might as well call all other races addicted to food and water.
    No....Not even close.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Clearly it is part of the new legendary pet quest line where your pets eventually end up fighting a mini Kil'jaeden that pops out of the mini sunwell.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    No. It would be way less concentrated.

Just an exemple : take some grenadine sirup, mix it with water.

Now, take another glass of water, and mix it with a bit of your water-grenadine mix.

There is WAY less grenadine in the last glass of water, so except if they used some yellow food coloring, they didn't process like this.