Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

The earth is not overpopulated

Stop saying it is, stop making untrue statements.

The earth can bear many more people without a problem and truth be told, we DO have food to feed the entire earth, it's just that it is not distributed like that.

So all in all, the earth is not overpopulated, it can handle more people even.

http://www.debate.org/debates/The-wo...-eventually/1/

Makes sense for the most part.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-03-04 at 02:11 PM.

Well... the "good" areas are overpopulated. Sure we could all live in a desert, but who the hell wanna do that...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

The earth can bear many more people without a problem and truth be told, we DO have food to feed the entire earth, it's just that it is not distributed like that.

Facts, sources, articles, proof.... Anything? No? Well then clearly you must be a mystical prophet!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Facts, sources, articles, proof.... Anything? No? Well then clearly you must be a mystical prophet!
    I am relying on good forum people to do that for me!

Also the people who say it is overpopulated don't come with those either, so clearly, you can say what you want and it is true!

Wait:

For one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The earth is flat. Stop saying it isn't.
    See, thats you. Thats how you sound. Annoying.

Edit; there was the link. Beat me by a minute. Well played sir.
    I like juice

I'd like some proof of your claims and until then I'll continue thinking the Earth is overpopulated.

Deleted
    We are working towards overpopulation but aren't there yet. If living standards remain as they are today (for us westerners) the world is already overpopulated. We need to stop wasting resources and that means less luxuries (Meat, Soda, rise, potatoes etc). I'm not sure the world wants to do that just yet. I'm not gonna let go of my coca cola or beefs just to feed 10 starving children in god knows what country. I might be a horrible person because of that, but I just wont let it go. I'd rather we keep control of our populations so that everyone can live in luxury instead of plenty living in misery.

He has a homework assignment and is trying to get free labor out of you fools =-p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He has a homework assignment and is trying to get free labor out of you fools =-p
    Hahaha, actually it may seem so, but currently I am at school on my laptop at IT. Doing nothing really, can't figure how to do some things in Hyper V...

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    We are working towards overpopulation but aren't there yet. If living standards remain as they are today (for us westerners) the world is already overpopulated. We need to stop wasting resources and that means less luxuries (Meat, Soda, rise, potatoes etc). I'm not sure the world wants to do that just yet. I'm not gonna let go of my coca cola or beefs just to feed 10 starving children in god knows what country. I might be a horrible person because of that, but I just wont let it go. I'd rather we keep control of our populations so that everyone can live in luxury instead of plenty living in misery.
    Actually, according to that article we are working towards more people, but then we will decline in population when we reach that peak point.

Deleted
    well fine then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    well fine then.
    Almost laughed if not for the other people around me in my class.

Just for the 'okay, if you say so' reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well... the "good" areas are overpopulated. Sure we could all live in a desert, but who the hell wanna do that...
    Nevada? 10 chars
    S.H.

Deleted
    I would like to live on a small island in the ocean to be honest. Except there is no electricity there or internet.
    Just like Kame house in DBZ.

10+ Year Old Account

Makes sense for the most part.
    The Earth was overpopulated at the beginning of the 20th century, before the Haber process allowed us to create nitrogen from the atmosphere that we could use to improve our farmland. We can sustain a fairly large number of additional humans now, however. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't suffer some loss in quality of life if our population, for example, doubled over the next century.

The big issue in terms of overpopulation going forward is going to be fresh water and energy, I think.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    My head is over populated... Not enough room for all the voices...

10+ Year Old Account
    We have enough resources to sustain 16 billion people as of today. The earth is indeed not overpopulated. Malthusian prophets are (and always have been) wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I'd like some proof of your claims and until then I'll continue thinking the Earth is overpopulated.
    Thinking the Earth is "overpopulated" is blind ignorance. The Earth can handle many times over our current population. The issues deal around RESOURCES, and that is all. If all resource issues are solved, then we would have no issue having many times over our population.

Deleted
    Actually, according to that article we are working towards more people, but then we will decline in population when we reach that peak point.
    That is based around the majority having 2.5 children at age 25-35 and living until they are 80. Reality is most of these bastards on this planet has 5-10 children and got their first one at age 14-15 and will live until 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    lol he never does all he does is make threads with goofy topics and then expects people to respond.

Actually, According to this article, , the entire population of the planet could be "comfortably housed" on a landmass roughly the size of Texas.

"Comfortably Housed" Being living at the general population density of New York City.

The problem comes from all the OTHER shit people need to live (mainly enough land to produce food for everyone). However, if the landmass was properly used (IE, not having to ship food THOUSANDS OF MILES to its point of consumption, proper balancing of Agricultural, industrial, recreational, and residential zones), you could probably fairly easily fit the entire population of the earth into the continental united states quite comfortably, assuming that the Entire USA was Re-designed by a modern urban planning team.

I mean, if you look at the population of a country like Japan, and then contrast that its size with the sheer size (and relative emptyness) of a landmass like Canada or the USA, it does kind of put things into perspective.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-03-04 at 02:29 PM.