Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So who's going Troll tomorrow?

Hi there, long time reader and first time poster here. I've been reading the changes that Warriors are getting in this upcoming patch and it looks like the Troll racial Beserking is as good as Blood Fury for the first time ever, with the beastslaying racial also in play, is there anyone planning on going Troll for this patch? I keep going back and forth on it myself.

I don't waste money to change race for ridiculously minor DPS benefits because I'm not deluded enough to think I'm in Paragon and it actually matters.

Pandaren still have a better racial than both.

Deleted
    People will actually spend money to get a 5% DPS increase on some bosses in the new raid? Unless you're racing for world first or something I don't see why anyone would do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Pandaren still have a better racial than both.
    No they have not. The benefit of troll is much better, simulacraft it :P. And 5% more dps is a huge advantage, I'd change but sadly I'm not horde

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    People will actually spend money to get a 5% DPS increase on some bosses in the new raid? Unless you're racing for world first or something I don't see why anyone would do this.
    It's their 25 bucks(or their parents). How people enjoy spending their money really shouldn't be anyone else's concern. That said I think race changing is a waste of money which is why I don't do it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    No they have not. The benefit of troll is much better, simulacraft it :P. And 5% more dps is a huge advantage, I'd change but sadly I'm not horde
    It's 5% damage and it's only on the beast bosses which aren't the last 2 bosses which are all that matter in a world first race.

10+ Year Old Account
    5% is, seriously, not enough to outdps a good player. You have to be exceptional (and let's be clear - most of us are not, no matter how many abs our dream-self is packing) to get any sort of return out of it.

So, race change for the racial? Sure, if I didn't have a family to support, or a multitude of better things to spend my money on, and liked the troll model, and wasn't far superior a player than any troll I have ever raided with since the game came out, and was a FotM sort of guy, and etc. etc. etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trolls could be paladins, I would have race-changed to Troll a long time ago. To hell with racials, Trolls are always awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been ready since I first played wow
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyyyyy maaaan for himseeeeeelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    5% is, seriously, not enough to outdps a good player.
    That explains why Worldoflogs isn't completely overrun by asian parses.

Oh wait.

Min/maxing for dps is so 2008. Soloing old content for pets/transmog and doing dailies for mounts is what it's really about.

Troll warrior...... You might as well be a tauren priest or female drawf anything. I will stick with my orc warrior. Thanks

Really wish racials didn't exist. I'm undead because I like their lore and their aesthetics. Thankfully, my guild doesn't care what race I am, but I have a feeling that other guilds would require me to be panda or Tauren, two races that I would never want to be.
    Skoldier for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't afford it, or I would if it were enough of a DPS benefit. Would it matter for progressing? Nah. Would it mater for my personal enjoyment? Ya.

Deleted
    Heuhauehauea Goblin warrior forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    It's their 25 bucks(or their parents). How people enjoy spending their money really shouldn't be anyone else's concern. That said I think race changing is a waste of money which is why I don't do it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:41 AM ----------

It's 5% damage and it's only on the beast bosses which aren't the last 2 bosses which are all that matter in a world first race.
    It's definitely some of my concern. Less of their money is less of mine.

Of course I will. All the other races are subpar in 5.2.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read the title as "Who is going to go trolling tomorrow?"

My expectations were not met as a result!