Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mujz86 View Post
    He is probably the most UN-interesting choice for the role.

He will probably have the best interest of the Blood Elves in mind rather then the horde when making decisions as a War chief.
    Blood Elves aren't known for their deep respect of anything non-Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you paid attention to solo scenarios for the Isle you'd see that Lor'themar was able to agree to a cease fire with Jaina. He has true leadership skills despite the fact that he wanted vengeance. IMHO the gay belf jokes are old and get over it. When the burning Legion comes I would welcome the leadership of the Blood Elvs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    IMHO the gay belf jokes are old and get over it.
    When the Tauren being cow jokes stop
    The Orcs being ugly jokes stop
    The Gnomes being short jokes stop
    The Draenei waggle jokes stop
    The Dwarf drunkard jokes stop

Then the BE gay jokes will stop. Thats just how it works

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Well lets look at what we know about Lor'themar

He and Sylvanas are easily the two eldest leaders of the Horde. Unsure which is older. Both served together in the Second War

He presides over the Sunwell. The only power available to rival the current pressing threat of the Kirin Tor's possession of the Focusing Iris.

Hasn't been very visible until MoP because of homeland problems. He has had to rebuild Silvermoon after the Scourge invasion in the Third War. He has also had to deal with the betrayal of Kael'thas and secure the Sunwell.

Has a succession in place to run Silvermoon in case of his departure to sit in Org. Also would create an interesting dynamic between Rommath and Halduron as to who would be appointed Regent Lord.

Is the one leader that may be able to earn an ounce of Sylv's respect and perhaps keep the Undead in check via coercion instead of the current Kor'kron militancy that keeps the Undead from being an interesting part of current events. Also creates an interesting plot point regarding Koltira.

Is an extremely capable warrior in his own right. He was second only to Sylvanas when she was Ranger-General during the SECOND WAR indicating he has been good in a fight for a very long time.

Of the current major players for Warchief is one of only 3 (arguably) with extensive experience in commanding troops. Sylv and Saurfang being the other two.

Now all that being said I am of the opinion that the "rise" of Lor'themar as a candidate is only there to distract from Saurfang being appointed warchief. The reasoning I use behind Saurfang is that 1) He specifically told Garrosh that he would take care of him himself if he took the orcs towards a dark path; 2) Reluctant leaders make excellent story material; 3) The orcs v. humans mythos would be continued

Thoughts?
    Perhaps the most dead on post in my opinion. I will only add that I will see Lor'themar toss aside his regent-lord status and become king of the blood elves.

the orc story is uninteresting probably because it's hamfisted and terrible

OMG BELVES R SO GAY, seriously are u guys like 9 lol

Deleted
    As an Alliance-Only-Player, I want to congratulate the Horde to their new "fashion-queen" warchief.
    If this goes live I will create a level 1 blonde bloodelf paladin with animestyle hair and troll the horde.

Lorthermar WILL be the new war chief, you all can wait and see.

he is the only horde leader that has a strong resemblance to Thrall when it comes to tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    Lorthermar WILL be the new war chief, you all can wait and see.

he is the only horde leader that has a strong resemblance to Thrall when it comes to tactics.
    Example of Thrall's tactics aside from supporting peace yet letting the Warsong run wild?
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Blood Elves aren't known for their deep respect of anything non-Blood Elf.
    well thats true to some degree for all races

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Example of Thrall's tactics aside from supporting peace yet letting the Warsong run wild?
    they werent running that wild

Plus you have to give some leeway when it comes to things happening for gameplay reasons
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Hehe, I guess I tend to over-think bits of lore I'm interested in.

(Urgh! So many spelling errors looking at that post again! I should really read through planned posts before submitting them when I'm tired! >.<)
    I'll respond with this. Don't worry, this one is SFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    they werent running that wild

Plus you have to give some leeway when it comes to things happening for gameplay reasons
    1. Yeah they were. Plus Forsaken were poisoning sleeping druids and working with the Grimtotem :/

2. No I don't.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2. No I don't.
    By that mindset then all lore characters are pathetic pansies because they dont charge in and bladestorm all the bosses in a raid and instead leave the heavy lifting to a buncha nobodies

Some important characters they are....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    1. Yeah they were. Plus Forsaken were poisoning sleeping druids and working with the Grimtotem :/

2. No I don't.
    What's wrong with poisoning sleeping druids ? Would you prefer forsaken to gently wake them up and then bash they skull with blunt object for "good morning" ?
    + it could be worse. They could put they hands in warm water. And we all know what would happen next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I'll respond with this. Don't worry, this one is SFW.
    Haha! That's great! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    Perhaps the most dead on post in my opinion. I will only add that I will see Lor'themar toss aside his regent-lord status and become king of the blood elves.
    "Quel'Thalas has no king. Quel'Thalas needs no king."

But, yeah. Lor'themar has made it very clear that he has no intention of making himself a monarch. I say let Quel'Thalas' line of kings die along with the Sunstrider Dynasty and instead reform the Convocation of Silvermoon and make Quel'Thalas a democratic centralist Meritocracy, with Lor'themar acting as head of the new council.

It's stuff like that that makes me not support the idea of Lor'themar for Warchief. There's still too much work to be done in Silvermoon for Lor'themar to go bounding around governing the other races of the Horde too! >.<

I think basic campfire has a realistic shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I think basic campfire has a realistic shot too.
    Blizzard really needs to squeeze in a nod to the basic campfire meme somewhere in or in the events surrounding the Siege of Orgimmar.

Perhaps while the question of who the next Warchief will be is still in flux, there will be a little scene where two rebel soldiers are sitting around a campfire discussing the merits of the various candidates. At the end one of them shrugs and remarks that it really doesn't matter to him because even the campfire would be an improvement over Garrosh.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

By that mindset then all lore characters are pathetic pansies because they dont charge in and bladestorm all the bosses in a raid and instead leave the heavy lifting to a buncha nobodies

Some important characters they are....
    Strawman, that's not my argument at all.

I'm saying that 'well we had to have conflict so having Thrall not reign in the Warsong can be excused!" is bunk because Blizz could write the conflict without having Thrall advocate peace and it would've been fine.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What's wrong with poisoning sleeping druids ? Would you prefer forsaken to gently wake them up and then bash they skull with blunt object for "good morning" ?
    + it could be worse. They could put they hands in warm water. And we all know what would happen next.
    I'm saying that if Thrall wanted peace it's not something he should have allowed, and it made little sense for Sylvanas to order it if she wants to take down the Scourge, weakening the Night elves is not conducive to that end.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that if Thrall wanted peace it's not something he should have allowed, and it made little sense for Sylvanas to order it if she wants to take down the Scourge, weakening the Night elves is not conducive to that end.
    Likewise who said Thrall directly ordered it? As far as I know all those early BGs were border clashes and what not

As to the Forsaken, its neither conducive to be attacked by Night Elves from time to time
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-03-05 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strawman, that's not my argument at all.

I'm saying that 'well we had to have conflict so having Thrall not reign in the Warsong can be excused!" is bunk because Blizz could write the conflict without having Thrall advocate peace and it would've been fine.
    Horde needed the lumber, the Elves weren't going to let them have it. Yea there's a bunch of extra antagonizing that was done, but bottom line is that there was nothing much Thrall could do. Each side was already pissed off at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Horde needed the lumber, the Elves weren't going to let them have it. Yea there's a bunch of extra antagonizing that was done, but bottom line is that there was nothing much Thrall could do. Each side was already pissed off at each other.
    And yet it took Garrosh all of a few months to crack open a path to Azshara and log there, at the very least it would've been strategically more viable because you can freaking BOTTLENECK azshara.

I also challenge the idea that they need the lumber.

What the hell are they using it for?

To stay warm? you can burn coal, oil or even dung for that. Hell, get some goblins and electrify the city.

To build? You can do that with stone and adobe, and such, you didn't see American settlers or plains indians logging tons of trees, and we saw the Mag'har building clay buildings, they don't need MASSIVE amounts of lumber, they could get it from the Tauren (who carve giant totems anyway they've got lumber to spare and live just fine in tents seriously)

We never even see the Lumber USED for anything.

Blizz's storytelling is bunk.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:36 PM ----------

Likewise who said Thrall directly ordered it? As far as I know all those early BGs were border clashes and what not

As to the Forsaken, its neither conducive to be attacked by Night Elves from time to time
    1.Read the bloody quests and you'll know otherwise, movement in ashenvale is FREQUENTLY referred to as expansion, there are quests to go and murder elves and their animal friends.

2. The forsaken wouldn't get attacked they live in the bloody eastern kingdoms, unless the orcs asked them there's no reason they'd be over there.
    Twas brillig