Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Chimera shot careful aim behavior - delay until <=2.9 sec left on sting
    You should use it on normal priority even during CA, it's not like Cata anymore, especially after the dmg buff CS got.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Which focus regen talent are people simming with? Dire beast for BM, fervor for surv, I hope? No idea about MM really, imagine fervor comes out ahead too.
    DB always sims higher to me no matter the spec, even in BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Dire beast for BM and MM, Fervor for SV. Just enabled PTR settings

For me I'm simming at

BM: 122140.35
    MM: 119016.61
    SV: 118841.48

With better gear and a weapon MM may scale better than SV and BM and it could surpass BM possibly.
    These are in line with my findings. I'd love if someone more experienced than me would test more haste plateaus though (for MM); as I said, I always found haste to be worse than mastery but I'm 100% sure I must be doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dire beast for BM and MM, Fervor for SV. Just enabled PTR settings

For me I'm simming at

With better gear and a weapon MM may scale better than SV and BM and it could surpass BM possibly.
    What thos numbers really say is "Play what you like and are good at because your skill and other factors will make way more difference than the spec."

It's sad that people are so tied to 'best' that they'll play one spec vs another for a difference of 3%. Aside from world 100 guilds, that difference just won't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    You should use it on normal priority even during CA, it's not like Cata anymore, especially after the dmg buff CS got.
    Well then that just puts MM even higher

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's sad that people are so tied to 'best' that they'll play one spec vs another for a difference of 3%. Aside from world 100 guilds, that difference just won't matter.
    Oh it matters, never had below 1% whipes?

DB always sims higher to me no matter the spec, even in BiS gear.

These are in line with my findings. I'd love if someone more experienced than me would test more haste plateaus though (for MM); as I said, I always found haste to be worse than mastery but I'm 100% sure I must be doing something wrong.
    DB is better for BM and MM for me, but not SV.

What thos numbers really say is "Play what you like and are good at because your skill and other factors will make way more difference than the spec."

I'm tied to the best spec for the encounter so I will go whichever is the best for said encounter.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

It matters to us. It matters to more than just world 100 guilds. It matters to anyone trying to get kills in a timely manner. It matters to any progression guild. Competitive kill rankings don't just magically stop at the 100 mark. It's like you coming up to a group of civil engineers trying to pick the best materials for a building. With three options of steel at hand all of which are within 3% difference in tencile strength. And you'd say 'oh well unless you're a world top 100 company building for high class clients, the difference just won't matter'. It matters to people trying to do the best they can at what they do. If it doesn't matter to you, say that. And then gtfo.

Moving on, I know it was discussed briefly but has anyone been able to find definitive results of how the pool on the first boss affects pets ? Tanks would have to properly position him if pets do end up getting the buff. And what about dire beasts ? I know the 2 piece summoned pet hp was boosted, but is DB still squishy ? Would it just die on a, for the lack of a better word, 'electrified' pool ? MM might end up being the best spec for it if the issues are still unfixed. I haven't played it since firelands sigh. I need to put some practice in.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    It matters to us. It matters to more than just world 100 guilds. It matters to anyone trying to get kills in a timely manner. It matters to any progression guild. Competitive kill rankings don't just magically stop at the 100 mark. It's like you coming up to a group of civil engineers trying to pick the best materials for a building. With three options of steel at hand all of which are within 3% difference in tencile strength. And you'd say 'oh well unless you're a world top 100 company building for high class clients, the difference just won't matter'. It matters to people trying to do the best they can at what they do. If it doesn't matter to you, say that. And then gtfo.

Moving on, I know it was discussed briefly but has anyone been able to find definitive results of how the pool on the first boss affects pets ? Tanks would have to properly position him if pets do end up getting the buff. And what about dire beasts ? I know the 2 piece summoned pet hp was boosted, but is DB still squishy ? Would it just die on a, for the lack of a better word, 'electrified' pool ? MM might end up being the best spec for it if the issues are still unfixed. I haven't played it since firelands sigh. I need to put some practice in.
    Afaik/iirc your pet has to stand in it, but that doesn't matter since your melee need to stand in it as well.

It'll depend on the hit box. If the hit box is huge, melee can adjust and stay at max range. (Since tanks can never be in the puddles) Pet AI always takes min range doesn't it ? Dunnu, it could be fine. Assuming it will be, and the buff situation is fine then it'll just depend on how much damage the electrified puddles do to pets. Cuz I don't know whether it was fixed yet or not, after you have 4 puddles, you move to the edge and finish off the boss until you completely run out of room (lightning bombs). At which point the pets would be standing in the 'bad' puddles. Melee can always move to the side. Cuz BM without DB is shitty.

It'll depend on the hit box. If the hit box is huge, melee can adjust and stay at max range. (Since tanks can never be in the puddles) Pet AI always takes min range doesn't it ? Dunnu, it could be fine. Assuming it will be, and the buff situation is fine then it'll just depend on how much damage the electrified puddles do to pets. Cuz I don't know whether it was fixed yet or not, after you have 4 puddles, you move to the edge and finish off the boss until you completely run out of room (lightning bombs). At which point the pets would be standing in the 'bad' puddles. Melee can always move to the side. Cuz BM without DB is shitty.
    Yeah, I'll be trying dire beast at the start and if it dies then I guess I'll just have to go SV. Unless if somehow the dps gained from proper CD usage outweighs not using DB.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me I'm simming at

I'm really curious what settings you're using to test MM .

My BM and SV numbers are really close to yours (122912 and 120427 respectively), but I can't get MM over about 112k. Do I need to reforge for more haste or something? I've played with so many settings... (And yes, PTR changes are enabled - hence close SV number)

I am thinking of bringing MM/SV to the raid so I don't run into any pet pathing bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    I'm really curious what settings you're using to test MM .

My BM and SV numbers are really close to yours (122912 and 120427 respectively), but I can't get MM over about 112k. Do I need to reforge for more haste or something? I've played with so many settings... (And yes, PTR changes are enabled - hence close SV number)
    Your SV spec is simming that high? Wow my gear must suck for SV lol.

I selected disable arcane shot during CA since it's not affected by it.

You just compared a 3% difference in the strength of a building material which has nothing else effecting it to a 3% difference in something that is effected by multiple other sources. The RNG from crits, MMM procs, and MM mastery will make a bigger difference than these supposed theoretical numbers. At a certain point (which could certainly be debated like anything else), statistical error and RNG will begin to have a bigger impact than anything else and I personally would say it's safe to say that 3% is well within that limit.

Also on the subject of more haste on t15 gear, you are losing the 10% haste from master marksman by dropping the 4 piece for the gear so it kind of evens out really.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, suddenly it works.

WTFFFFF

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    Nevermind, suddenly it works.

WTFFFFF
    Would you be able to pm me your armory or something? I'm kind of interested in the whole dps difference in your sims vs mine.

Deleted
    For those simming out MM, the shot settings should perform the highest as follows:

- Disable Arcane Shot while Careful Aim is active
    - Disable Glaive Toss while Careful Aim is active (note: this might not always result in a dps increase)
    - Improved Steady Shot Behavior: Standard priority
    - Aimed Shot Behavior: Manual cast during CA and instant
    - Maximum speed to cast Aimed Shot (suppressing arcane shot): 1.4 (except during CA)
    - Chimera Shot Careful Aim Behavior: standard priority
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-03-04 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added the note on GT

For those simming out MM, the shot settings should perform the highest as follows:

- Disable Arcane Shot while Careful Aim is active
    - Disable Glaive Toss while Careful Aim is active
    - Improved Steady Shot Behavior: Standard priority
    - Aimed Shot Behavior: Manual cast during CA and instant
    - Maximum speed to cast Aimed Shot (suppressing arcane shot): 1.4 (except during CA)
    - Chimera Shot Careful Aim Behavior: standard priority
    Actually, disabling glaive toss is a dps loss for me. So play around with that setting rather than just assuming it will be an increase because it could hurt mm's dps in the sim.

Deleted
    Actually, disabling glaive toss is a dps loss for me. So play around with that setting rather than just assuming it will be an increase because it could hurt mm's dps in the sim.
    Yeah, that's why I wrote "should". I got varying results with GT as well, on a ~500 dps avg.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For ST it looks like all specs are close enough to play the one you want. For multi target SV is still king. AFAIK

I think I'm personally going to stick with what I'm using now, then, based on results, BM for single target provided everything is pet friendly and SV is a pretty obvious choice for those encounters that aren't single target. I haven't liked MM at all since they got rid of armor pen.