Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    If an average legendary drops once per 50 elite packs the chance not to see a legendary after 1000 elites is one per half a billion. Which way exceeds the amount of players, making it really unlikely to happen.
    2000+ hours of farming means 1 million elites. The chance not to see a legendary after 1million elite kills way exceeds the amount of atoms in our universe. BTW this number is pretty close to another number - the chance to get a perfect item.
    I think you're underestimating the universe. There are more galaxies than grains of sand on this planet. Try imagining how many atoms that amounts to. You'd probably never even finish typing it if you wanted.

Anyway, you're right that it's very unlikely to not get any decent drops at all. But to say that you will find garaunteed good drops is ridiculous. You aren't garaunteed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think you're underestimating the universe. There are more galaxies than grains of sand on this planet. Try imagining how many atoms that amounts to. You'd probably never even finish typing it if you wanted.
    Well, obviously the amount of atoms in the universe is just an assumption. People usually talk about 10^80 atoms. This is quite a big number.

But (1-0.02)^1000000 = 1,19 * -10^8774

Imagine a universe1, each atom of which is our universe. Now imagine a universe2 each atom of which is universe1. Now imagine a universe3 each atom of which is universe2. (...) Now imagine universe6. The amount of atoms in this universe will be our number.

And all this just describes a chance not to get a legendary after 2000 hours of playing Yeah, "it's entirely possible"
    Last edited by traen; 2013-03-03 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Questioning peoples intelligence when playing a game that requires almost none doesnt really help your case. You can farm alkazer runs for days and still not find anything worthwhile if RNG decides to fuck you. RNG =/= skill or intelligence. Lots of people get stuck in a rut because of the extreme levels of RNG in this game.
    Yup, i didn't get any legendary item (except some weird shit axe for ~30 lvl) since d3 release. It was too frustrating to see my friends bragging with new great items when we played together, while i've got some shit items
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yup, i didn't get any legendary item (except some weird shit axe for ~30 lvl) since d3 release. It was too frustrating to see my friends bragging with new great items when we played together, while i've got some shit items
    i know that feel, when i first started playing all my friends got a legendary per act while i got nothing, not even a half decent rare...

untill i hit 60, where i got andariels visage from azmodan, (pretty beast one aswell tbh) then it went dead for a few days again.. after that i saw legendaries pop up once or twice a week (nothing interesting tho )
    it wasnt untill later when MP's was introduced and i started doing Mp5 runs i started to see several legendaries a day.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    And all this just describes a chance not to get a legendary after 2000 hours of playing Yeah, "it's entirely possible"
    Uh, that side argument got a little convoluted but I generally agree with you. You'll def get 'quantity' with that kind of commitment. But I dont think that was the point.

The point here was the 'quality' of the drops. I've only put in about 5% of the time you're talking about, but I've seen at least 25-35 browns. None of them have been worth more than 1mil after much research. Thats simply the nature of the beast. I aint even mad, but to ignore the fact that RNG is so stacked against you even with 350%++ MF is to be simply delusional.

The point here was the 'quality' of the drops. I've only put in about 5% of the time you're talking about, but I've seen at least 25-35 browns. None of them have been worth more than 1mil after much research. Thats simply the nature of the beast. I aint even mad, but to ignore the fact that RNG is so stacked against you even with 350%++ MF is to be simply delusional.
    Quality is subjective. Play on hardcore and you'll be able to get millions for items that would've never sold on softcore AH.

You ask for great drops on 350%Mf. But you don't understand that ALL players run on 350% MF.
    You don't understand that "bad drops" is not blizzard's fault, its YOUR fault. Well, your and other players.
    You don't understand that item stats do not affect the item price on the market. The only thing that affects market price is DROP RATE.
    Make perfect item to drop every 50 runs and its price will drop to 10k gold in just few weeks.

You want to see better items? You want increased drop rate? It would change nothing. Because EVERYONE, not only you, will see better items. And their price will drop to zero in no time. And people would care just about extraordinary good items and perfect items. And you will come here whining "I get no decent drops" again.

I feel your pain. But your pain is not caused by drop rates. Its caused by competition with other players.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-03-04 at 09:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quality is subjective. Play on hardcore and you'll be able to get millions for items that would've never sold on softcore AH.

You ask for great drops on 350%Mf. But you don't understand that ALL players run on 350% MF.
    You don't understand that "bad drops" is not blizzard's fault, its YOUR fault. Well, your and other players.
    You don't understand that item stats do not affect the item price on the market. The only thing that affects market price is DROP RATE.
    Make perfect item to drop every 50 runs and its price will drop to 10k gold in just few weeks.

You want to see better items? You want increased drop rate? It would change nothing. Because EVERYONE, not only you, will see better items. And their price will drop to zero in no time. And people would care just about extraordinary good items and perfect items. And you will come here whining "I get no decent drops" again.

I feel your pain. But your pain is not caused by drop rates. Its caused by competition with other players.

I blame blizz for some stats being useless. And Int gear on barb gear, or str gear on monk gear.

But they have said they are working on it. If they can make non pimary stats more useful that'd be a great start. Like doubling the resist you get from Int for a str/dex user for example.

Im patient.

Just keep grinding until that 50m Tal Rasha Helm drops, or whatever it may be. It takes luck to get a leg/set, then more luck to have a good roll, but that's what it's all about.

I blame blizz for some stats being useless. And Int gear on barb gear, or str gear on monk gear.

But they have said they are working on it. If they can make non pimary stats more useful that'd be a great start. Like doubling the resist you get from Int for a str/dex user for example.

Im patient.
    Stat inflation again? What's the point?
    Lets imagine a "perfect" world of next expansion where all items have some "useful" stat on it. +health globes removed from items, Int is giving 50% of allresist, str is giving 500% as armor.

1. All items are rolled with curtain amount of stats. People will stop caring about stats on items, they will care just about a SUM of stats on items.
    2. All items that YOU farm will be worth close to nothing. Items with good sum of stats will be worth billions.
    3. People will get too much defensive and/or offensive stats so blizzard will just add monsters in next expansion with more damage an bigger HP pool to balance it off. And higher MP difficulties if needed.

Result? You'll be the same poor average player with sh*ty gear. All loot that you farm will be a trash that you would never be able to sell. You might switch to higher MP difficulty, but as will do all other playes around you. And richest players will go on higher difficulties.

You miss the whole point of grinding games. The amount of stats, the type of stats, the names of stats, the drop rates - all this does not matter at all.
    What matters is the amount of players on market you have to compete with.
    In order to become better than others you have to play significantly more than others, play smarter than others, or just cheat - either by using real life money to buy ingame gear or by using bot farms. And then and ONLY then you'll get better gear than others have.
    Blizzard can't help you here. Its impossible to change anything in the game to make you better because the definition of "better" is subjective, because you compare yourself to other players.

As a pretty fresh barb, I earn about 600k/hour by doing Act 3 MP0 farm rounds

Armory:
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/...8/hero/1167433

I've spent maximum 2mill on my gear, just be smart and buy cheap pieces.

I've got about 1-2 good items, and one legendary. Never got to sell them, but still hoping (As items at the same range go for about 1 mill @ AH)

This is the route I take, works pretty good and takes me about 15minutes to do with my 62k dps Barb.

Route:
    http://www.noxxic.com/diablo3/gamepl...g-routes/act-3
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yea, a solid farming route that can bring inn steady gold is a great choice. Personally I find that with crafting, that the gold you would normally earn inn farm runs as you play the game, goes to that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

1. If you played the game the way it was designed to be played - i.e. nonstop farming without much brain usage - and failed to succeed, then you did it wrong. Wrong gear choices, wrong farming spots, wrong item price estimation - I don't know. But its your fault. "account flagged for bad loot" is ridiculous.
    Cant tell if serious. I have played around 6-7 months off and on since launch. Also played 40+ hours a week. I never get anything. During that 6 month period I only sold 3 decent items for a total of 60 mil gold. Thats less than most people have in a single slot. I tried several farming methods people use in streams and listed on diablofans and official forums and also in youtube videos. You cant tell someone they are doing it wrong when you cant beat RNG. Thats like saying Im playing the lottery wrong cause I havent won it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    What matters is the amount of players on market you have to compete with.
    Fuck me for wanting to play solo or exclusively with friends, right? Learn to recognize a differing opinion. It'll get you places. Enjoy your ultimate RNG fiesta. I'm done replying to you.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had a 1h axe sell for 90 million, and then a Mempo of Twilight helm sell for 300 million gold. Before that though I was cursing the game throughly for zero drops, but soon enough, they were coming. Sometimes you gotta wait it out with the RNG. I now see 3-4 Legendaries a week, most are throw aways, but you get the odd decent one.

My barbarian.

And the shoulders I have on him right now I actually found. Pretty damn decent for found shoulders.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2013-03-05 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Cant tell if serious. I have played around 6-7 months off and on since launch. Also played 40+ hours a week. I never get anything. During that 6 month period I only sold 3 decent items for a total of 60 mil gold. Thats less than most people have in a single slot. I tried several farming methods people use in streams and listed on diablofans and official forums and also in youtube videos. You cant tell someone they are doing it wrong when you cant beat RNG. Thats like saying Im playing the lottery wrong cause I havent won it yet.
    Listen..

"most people have in a single slot 60m worth items"? - its rubbish. 0.001% of players have. I DON'T.
    You've never sold any 100m+ item? Neither did I. You know why? Because 0.01% of players did. Why do you think that you MUST be one of them?

You farmed 40 hours a week? Great. 40 hours a week is 15m gold just from farming. Ok, fine, you are the most unlucky person in the universe, you practically don't even exist. Just get gold farm gear and increase this number to 30m. Just 2 weeks per item, 2 slots per month, 6 month of hard work - and you got better gear than 99.999% of other players!

You problem is in failed expectations. For some strange reason you think that you are below average while you are in top 0.1% of players. But for even stranger reason you think that you deserve to be in 0.001%, and you blame RNG that you did not win a 1/100 lottery.

People don't have any extraordinary gear. You are plain wrong.
    You go to diabloprogress, you open the FIRST PAGE sorted by dps and you wonder why you are not listed. Well, sorry, but first hundred pages is reserved for people who invested real life money into game.

You want the REAL people?
    Whats your amount of kills? 40k? Click here. And click trough all the profiles at least for 10 pages.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/rankin...at_elite_kills

See? How many of them have millions of dps? How many of them have billions worth gear? They are real people, like you and me.
    Stop fooling yourself, you are not unlucky, you are average.

Fuck me for wanting to play solo or exclusively with friends, right? Learn to recognize a differing opinion. It'll get you places. Enjoy your ultimate RNG fiesta. I'm done replying to you.
    You did not get it again.
    I'm not defending blizzard in any way. I don't like how itemization works and I'm in no way a chinese farmer how likes to do a stupid repetitive job for 0.1$/hour.

You asked for more items, I explained why its useless to add more items to game.
    You asked for better stats on items, I explained why stat inflation is useless again.

Its just a constructive critics for your "improvements". And yes, you don't have to reply to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    And thats why there is no poin to play D3 just for the loot. Play WoW for loot, games where you get currency buying you loot or you get almost guaranteed loot. Playing D3 for loot is like spending hours after hours on slot machines. It's just stupid and has no sense at all.

D3 can be set in different challenge modes (according to your gear). 11 different challenges MP0-MP10.

That alone makes D3 worthwhile because there simply is no solo challenge in MMO's, only grouping modes.

The real blast is the D3 Hardcore mode though: if you play HC in D3 you NEVER let your controls "slip". It is tense as ... Hell.

And each time you end a HC session, it is something like "PPfff, another session without dying in this dungeon..."

You problem is in failed expectations. For some strange reason you think that you are below average while you are in top 0.1% of players. But for even stranger reason you think that you deserve to be in 0.001%, and you blame RNG that you did not win a 1/100 lottery.

People don't have any extraordinary gear. You are plain wrong.
    You go to diabloprogress, you open the FIRST PAGE sorted by dps and you wonder why you are not listed. Well, sorry, but first hundred pages is reserved for people who invested real life money into game.

You want the REAL people?
    Whats your amount of kills? 40k? Click here. And click trough all the profiles at least for 10 pages.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/rankin...at_elite_kills

See? How many of them have millions of dps? How many of them have billions worth gear? They are real people, like you and me.
    Stop fooling yourself, you are not unlucky, you are average.
    I just always assumed people who stream MP 8+ while facerolling mobs solo and doing 50 mil giveaways was how everyone was.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    D3 can be set in different challenge modes (according to your gear). 11 different challenges MP0-MP10.

That alone makes D3 worthwhile because there simply is no solo challenge in MMO's, only grouping modes.

The real blast is the D3 Hardcore mode though: if you play HC in D3 you NEVER let your controls "slip". It is tense as ... Hell.

And each time you end a HC session, it is something like "PPfff, another session without dying in this dungeon..."

Hardcore under the current mp system prevents players from pushing their level (skillwise). Its just not worth the risk vs the reward of mp1. D3 and hardcore dont mix due to the player controlling the scaling.