Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...ge/1/#p1772594

I am speechless of what happen to me <3
    The amount of butthurt posts in there are way too high. Lmao.

Congratz on getting 6L and the deal you got for selling the old bow.

Deleted
    I played this game for the first time today, and I have to say I really like it. Even though the talent stuff is quite overwhelming at first, it is easy to understand if you take 1 step at a time.

I have one question though. Should I pick up all items I see and sell them, or is it like Diablo 3 and I should just ignore loot if the items are white?

Every thing is valuable in some way in Path of Exile. Even white items-- actually certain white can be more valuable than rares depending on the situation. You have to make smart judgement calls w/r/t loot.

Hauling a ton of whites for the hell of it is too productive. Since there is a cost to town portaling and wealth loss if the whites are not valuable enough.

Orange loot <- Must grab.
    Any 6 socket item <- Must grab.
    Any 5 linked item <- Must grab.
    Consumables <- Must grab.
    Any item with 3 linked Red, Green and Blue sockets <- Must grab.
    Rare you could use <- Must grab.
    Rares you can sell <- Pick up as many as you can.
    Blues you can use <- Worth picking up if there is free bag space.
    Blues you can't use <- Do you not have a bag full of the above? Pick up.
    Whites that can chance to better loot <- Pick up if you have room.
    Whites with good sockets that can alch into rares <- If you want pick up.

Deleted
    Oh okay, thanks for the info. I actually like this system better than just mindlessly check what color the loot is. The more complex a game is, the longer I tend to play it.

need advise: I can't seem to get higher than lvl 11 in 1hour races. Sure I probably could rush a bit more, but I have already problems staying alive as it is

Woo! Made it to 14.5 in the 1hr race (solo), and almost made it to Merveil (I could see the door). New personal record. Though I'll admit, I had pretty good drops, which helps out a lot. I had a bit of trouble with the fire-based Merveil's Daughter, as she was at the end of a really long bridge, which made dodging her spells quite difficult.

Deleted
    had fun playing but ive stopped.. overall was awesome. desync issues is probably the reason why im not going to continue.. but i may come back for some of the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game actually good? I played during beta but didn't get too far into it.....what aspects do you like about PoE and what makes it stand out compared to D3?

Also, whats a good starter class? I like the Templar archetype and was going to roll that....what build do you suggest for Templar like weapons and stuff?

Thanks for any input.

they should really spend more time fixing most if not all melee builds for being crap, at high(er) maps especially

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Is this game actually good?
    Well, yea. Though it is a niche game in a niche genre. POE aims for a very hardcore, min/max audience that has a high interest in grinding for years on end.

It's not nearly as accessible as other ARPGs. The game can be rather unfriendly and punishing to player ignorance. And the developers are fine with that to a point.

what aspects do you like about PoE and what makes it stand out compared to D3?
    - Players can make wrong or sub optimal choices which ruin their efforts in the long and short term (this is the biggest and most important distinction)
    - Modular class system
    - Modular skill system
    - Barter economy
    - Seasonal Hardcore races
    - Non destructive Hardcore mode
    - Cosmetic skill and character skins
    - Cash shop
    - Free to play

Those are pretty distinct from D3.

I enjoy that POE is very complex in terms of mechanics and value assessment.

For example, above a user asked how to approach loot in POE. The answer to that in D3 is quite clear-- get what is worth the most gold. In POE the answer is more along the lines of "depends".

Most of all I enjoy the "create your own class" aspect of Path of Exile. I personally dislike game systems with singular or linear class/role choices. Being a Witch that wields a two handed sword and summons undead while wearing heavy armor is a neat concept. That you can actually pull it off in Path of Exile in practice is marvelous.

Also, whats a good starter class?
    Templar.

what build do you suggest for Templar like weapons and stuff?
    Elemental bow Templar.

they should really spend more time fixing most if not all melee builds for being crap, at high(er) maps especially
    Melee builds are viable in maps.

I have done it before and my guild mates do it now. Melee is more difficult, but not "crap".

10+ Year Old Account
    Kripp put up an announcment vid for a new PoE build site:

http://www.exilepro.com/builds

Looks pretty cool, and the guides are pretty indepth. Not many up at the moment, but he says they are going to have more over time.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-03-03 at 11:27 PM.

Saw on reddit this morning. Looks great actually. Very slick site.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Top 10 Ladder nanananaa in scrucore :O however my entire crew is... racing for a week so I can't really do anything FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK lol

Deleted
    Build a char that can handle stuff on its own then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I can destroy everything solo my gear is all out GG Destroyed meaning I'm a god in that game however YOU CAN'T solo if you don't have the maps to do so because my ''Leader'' has them and he and my other crew is all out racing I mean cmon here I'll brag

6L everything
    20% gems everything
    Perfect resist
    Perfect health
    Perfect gear
    Top 10 ladder Lols
    DESTROYED o_o

Arg this sucks I can't level without my group =/ like all I'm doing is trading... for like 6 hours now -.- and don't ask me to level in other groups because there's non ZERO out there I'll line this up for you in terms of how map experience as a level 89 mind you
    66: Not even 0.1% exp
    67: Same
    68: 40 of these make 0.1%
    69: Aprox 34
    70: and I'm sure you get to the point

Everyone is racing for 1 week

You know how painful it is to level and how terrible it is doing this? I'm crippled without my group Q_Q

You can not level in this game at high levels without a group and the RNG of the gods of high level maps is all I'm going to say and the only thing that is flawed. I hate grouping especially when you have no choice to do it

Q_q
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-03-04 at 01:17 PM.

You can not level in this game at high levels without a group and the RNG of the gods of high level maps is all I'm going to say and the only thing that is flawed. I hate grouping especially when you have no choice to do it

Q_q
    I'm 77 and have not group a a single time so far outside of trading, I generate around the same amount of maps as I use and my highest currency used to roll maps is an alch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    I'm 77 and have not group a a single time so far outside of trading, I generate around the same amount of maps as I use and my highest currency used to roll maps is an alch...
    Do not be foolish Alyssa! Being 77 is the same as a lowbie technically. HIGH level maps do not F around in dropping they are annoying as soon as you get to around 85 you will understand my frustration. 66s to 73 ahahaha those are joke we have like 99999999999999 of those but the others barely a stalk full 3-5 around there then we're back to square 1 as a group GROUP ._.

Losing my sanity because I can't level without them =/

Oh forgot to mention, I died in HC last night in the Warehouse Sewers Merc. Huge pack of Discharge zombies and those frog things. Nothing dramatic- just didn't get out of danger as fast I should have. QQ

Fairly simple bow Marauder; build.

Was fun for a bit.

Do not be foolish Alyssa! Being 77 is the same as a lowbie technically. HIGH level maps do not F around in dropping they are annoying as soon as you get to around 85 you will understand my frustration. 66s to 73 ahahaha those are joke we have like 99999999999999 of those but the others barely a stalk full 3-5 around there then we're back to square 1 as a group GROUP ._.

Losing my sanity because I can't level without them =/
    So you're trying to claim that the map drop ratios are worse at higher levels? I somehow doubt that, the only real complaint I can see is that there isn't higher level maps but that's another matter and has nothing to do with drop rates nor being forced to have a group, the latter I hope I disproved already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    So you're trying to claim that the map drop ratios are worse at higher levels? I somehow doubt that, the only real complaint I can see is that there isn't higher level maps but that's another matter and has nothing to do with drop rates nor being forced to have a group, the latter I hope I disproved already.
    Yes I'm claiming that as is other HC players ( HC HC ) and SC wise they all agree finding 74+ Maps is nearly gouging your eyes out once more it's dumb as hell get to this level get to the high level maps and you will feel the RNG gripping your 'Bad word'' here hell I talked to the main #1 guy in HC and you know what he does? SPAM 70s because he can't find 74+ maps because oh I don't know 77s dropping 66s yada yada ''Lets just say I'm losing my grip on reality 0.2% exp every 50 maps?''

Hell go to the their forums right now It's riddled with the map thing
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-03-05 at 07:14 AM.